1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

two playoff tix?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by !~BOLT~!, Dec 9, 2006.

1. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Is it even possible to get two tix to our first home playoff game? I mean without buying season tix? if i can get my hands on two, my bro-inlaw will pay for flights. i have many friends in the sd area so sleeping accomodations will be easy.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Chargers will have a very limited amount of tickets for sale to the general public. Consider we have 56,000 season ticket holders and the Murph holds around 68,000 dickheads. Many brokers will be all over the rest.

I would go the Stubhub.com route by clicking on the link on this site at the right hand margin.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Anything is possible with $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Check Ebay

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Just as a heads up, the links on the right help support this site.

Get your best price but consider the links on the right to help support this non profit site.

5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    This is very true

6. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    so when do they go on sale?

7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    You cant sell a ticket for something you dont own, they have not even made the playoffs yet.

Season Ticket holders have all ready sent in their $$$$$,but nothing as of yet to the public!

8. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    well that makes sense. but i dont agree you can't sell what you don't own, you just shouldn't sell it to the guy you stole it from:icon_tease: oh and what about ps3s

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    I did but i've heard people are selling the rights to those tickets
    its incredibly foolish but as has been shown before on ebay, there are a world of fools out there

10. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    is anyone on bolttalk getting extra tix by chance? if so that's the preffered way i'd like to overpay for something. ebay=outrageous, what are their face value? same as reg season?

11. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    i saw two view seats for buy it now price of 900 dollars, if thats the case im just simply not interested.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If we get the AFC Championship here, tickets will be going for thousands. I bet I could sell mine for $1,500.00 maybe $2,000.00 a pop on the 50 yard line easily.

13. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    well what should divisional tix go for?

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Probably around $200-300 a pop for the cheapest.

15. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I'd be fine paying something like that, if anyone can get thier hands on two extras and needs to get rid of them look no further.

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    PT Barnum was right

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    I am glad I have mine, I have not missed one playoff Game that the Chargers have played inside the "Q" yet.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Me neither since the merger.

The only way I could get rid of my tickets for the AFC Championship would be to finance a trip to the Super Bowl and even at that, I do not think I could do it.

I am debating about a trip to Miami and thinking about staying home. :icon_eek:

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Super Bowls are for "High Society", its not for us, the fans.

Now if I could get Tickets for face value through the Chargers, bam, I am there, but there is no way in hell I am going to pay that kind of $$$$$$ for a ticket at scalper rates.

20. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    yeah i may just save the money and put id toward a trip to miami as well, i'd love to come home though, the great debate.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah no way am I paying scalper rates for the Super Bowl again. I did it in 1995 and did not even have a seat but I got in ($500.00). Screw that noise.

Hey you get in the SB lottery as well by becoming a season ticket holder again !!!

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    But did you know that you have to submit your name every year when they are not in it or hosting it?

Every team gets "X" amount, and some are sent to Season Ticket holders that have expressed an interest.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Huh ? I thought all season ticket holder were entered into the lottery automatically (weighted lottery) for the Super Bowl teams.

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Why dont you ask them, I was told, and had to do it every year. Things might have changed in the last couple of years. And I am talking about the years in which the Chargers are NOT playing and or Hosting it.

25. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    This is how it works,

http://www.teamonetickets.com/tickets-101/super-bowl-tickets-lottery.html

So if the Chargers make it they will get approximately 17% of the SB tickets (about 12,000 tickets). The big question is how will the Chargers distribute those tickets? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  26. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

Tickets will be offered to season ticket holders first, general public (brokers) second.

I called yesterday to find out when/if I could buy extra playoff tickets and was told that the Chargers may not have any extra tickets to sell to season ticket holders, even club season ticket holders are probably SOL. But, if tickets are available they will contact season ticket holders by mail.

!~BOLT~!, your best bet for getting playoff tickets at a reasonable price is to wait until 30 minutes before kick-off and hit the scalper firesale or get very creative in your message board groveling.

27. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    fuq creativity i already failed that route. i just want some damn tickets, theres no way in hell im having airline tix ordered before i know ive got game tix in hand. this is why i hate frontrunners, and a free market as well.

no grovelling here, if you got tix you wanna sell ill buy em, other than that fuqit.

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Front Office, back office, side office, Family, Friends, Team, Season Ticket holders, in that order

29. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Should we get there, I won't be going to Miami. Too much scratch.

I'll wait til the game is in AZ (driving distance) next time around and we are going for the repeat. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I thought about going to Miami if we went to the SB, but, not being able to afford game tickets--it might be better to be in SD and celebrate with the rest of the fans.

SD will be wild, if we go to the SB.. I'm sure the Q would televise the game... etc. etc. etc.

I'll never forget 1/26/86 when Da Bears won their championship... You guys will finally get to live that moment... :yes: