1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tyson Alualu

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Apr 16, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    What does everyone think of this guy. He has a benefit over other potential 3-4 DE's in that he actually played in a 3-4 in college and was pretty good. He is projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If we can get a 2nd for Sproles, I would be happy with getting him and Cam Thomas in the 2nd round along with someone like Mathews in the 1st.

2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Cam Thomas sucks.

I love Tyson and would take him @ 40 if we do not draft Price or Odrick @ 28.

In regards to your little scenario id rather see 28) Mathews 40) Tyson 91) Troup,... Troup will be a better NT that Thomas, you wait and see. Cam Thomas played decent in the Sr. Bowl and all of a sudden he's 2nd round material.

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    lets not get rid of sproles. why are you so hung up on geting rid of him

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the d-linman I kind of liked moved up supposedly from the 4th round to round 2. Joesph linval. BAsically cody but with better measurables. Big kid. So things are changing from months ago big time.

Were just gonna have to see who is there when we pick. I hope we have a trick via a trade possilble to get another player in this draft so we can get 2 2nd rounders or a 1st rounder so we can grab another stud early in this draft.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I like Linval as well. We will probably have to offer Sproles to get a another 2nd rounder. We aren't going to keep him for the kind of money he's liable to get elsewhere, but we can get some real value for him here. If it doesn't happen, then we have him for another run at the Lombardi.

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    He might not be here in a couple years if we don't sign him to a long-term deal (and he wants a lot of money). Plus he's being payed 7mil just to be a third down guy and a KR... I'm not saying that he sucks but we could get similar production from some fresh legs and for a lot cheaper. But if he does realize he won't get paid Michael Turner type money and signs a longterm deal for say around 3mil a year for 5 years, then that's a whole new story

7. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree on Troup over Thomas but there are like 4 guys we need to grab one or two UDFA also.

As far as Alualu, I like Joseph better. He is bigger, and he could be our 3rd down NT if we choose to get back to a 3-3-5 nickle type of alignment we used to use when Wade was here.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Thats fine. I don't know a ton about the guys. I just know they are both projected to be 2nd/3rd rounders

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Because he is gone after this season and I don't want to let him leave and get nothing for him. He has ridiculous cantract demands, and I want to get value for him now rather than a crappy comp pick in 2 years