1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UFA That will visit raiders friday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Tha rock, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I hope we get them all

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Me too. Then you guys can go into next offseason wondering why you always have cap-problems and why your team never seems to get any better as you release all the guys you signed this offseason to replace them with more re-treads.

The moment the Raiders STOP wasting money on other teams' cast-offs and commit themselves to building through the draft is the moment I'll start worrying about the Raiders.

3. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

:tdown:

4. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    :icon_tease:

5. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    :lol:

6. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Those seem like quality guys to fill holes for teams that are playoff bound. You need younger guys to form a core in my opinion.

7. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

the offense and defense would be much better with these guys. our core is there on defense already just not on offense.

8. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I hate to agree with ya. Your defense is pretty solid. I hope by the time your offense catches up, you're losing your stud defensive players. =x

9. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

evry one on defense is locked up for at the least is three seasons.

10. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    We will all find out if the Raiders defense is actually good once the Raiders offense is actually a threat to score. They weren't a good run-stopping defense, and teams played so conservatively against them because of their horrible offense it's no wonder their pass defensive ranking was good.

The Packers had the #1 pass defense in 2005. They fell to the middle of the pack last year. Our defense looked close to dominant in the Ryan Leaf years, but as soon as our offense started being able to score a little bit all of our defensive weaknesses got exploited. It's not that unusual for a team with an inept offense to have an inflated defensive-ranking, and for obvious reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the things the Raiders do in their secondary and I like Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, but that defensive line looks pretty average to me with a lot of age in some key places.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    So much for Daniel Graham

12. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

he didnt sign with the donks