1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ultimate Joint Tailgate: Bolttalk-Boltbunker-Bolt Pride

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 9, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    I've been talking with some of the guys at Bolt Bunker; they want to do, one game, a giant joint tailgate between our two sites. Sarge from Bolt Pride (in the west endzone) want in too. Basically this would be one game at their spot (wherever it is, they've got shade) under the trolley and would pool the resources of all three of our tailgates to one big *** party.

The games i've heard suggested are the evening one against New England and Kansas City

Opinions? Ideas to make it even better?

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The New England Game sounds great!

I work with a guy who hangs out with Bolt Pride, I will talk with him tomorrow

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    For Bolttalks end we can do the Carne and bring some beer. :icon_toast:
    We can as well start to contribute some funds to allow all sites involved to have enough for food, beverages and entertainment in that game.

I love this idea. :tup:

Just need the Leaders of this from all sites to get together and Brainstorm. So lets get to talking already. :tup: :icon_toast:

Let us rock Jack Murphy/Qualcomm the likes of which have not been seen ever at the Stadium. :icon_toast: :icon_party: :icon_banana:

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    Too bad it can't be against the Jets...I'll actually be in town for that one!

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    New England game. MUST.

I'm in.

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    good idea Ant.

whats a general headcount for a BT gater? Sarge made it out to our gater this weekend, but to invite all of bolt pride over is crazy. those ****ers throw huge parties and theres no room at our spot. they are our neighbors. But Bolt Pride is always represented at the GTP/Bunker spot. I will let Alvarez know whats up as well, as soon as we get some details ironed out.

i know a lot of our regulars cant make the NE game (including me) for various reasons. So i recommend the INDY game.

http://boltbunker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465 heres a link to the thread.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    Indy works as well.

8. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
  9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I'm all for it. The NE game should give us more than enough time to coordinate.

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    you have got to podcast from that sucker or at least get some interviews on tape for broadcast later:tup:

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    We can do that and its possible to do indy as well I guess, who's interested in indy??

12. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    INDY GAME!!!
    :flag:

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Indy is fine with me, and we can definitely do a tailgate podcast. :tup:

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,600
    One issue brought up on BB I hadn't thought about - if we give up our tailgate spot, will that mean trouble when we reclaim it next week?

15. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    That was my first thought!

16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    i dont think you guys should have trouble with your location since its an aisle spot. we share a large part of the trolley bridge with another group. this time some jerks tried to claim one of the spots. they ended up getting pushed in the middle and blocking the two, but that wont be happenning again. it wasnt anything major, but we couldnt get over to watch the morning games .

by the way, we have a private porta potty which is a lifesaver!

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I am up for Indy,

I was told Bolt Pride hangs out on the outer portion of B3

18. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    they are in P4.

were in M4

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    your right, I asked the guy again who I work with. At first he said right next to where the buses park, and close to where the RV's park. When he said RV's I assumed it was B3.

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Ant it will be easy for us to keep our spot for the other tailgates after our big Co-Tailgater because of me. I am always going to be at the spot of F3 and G3 protecting it as I can well before the Gates open up. No worries man. My cane will rattle heads if needed. * Just joking there * . :icon_mrgreen:

Drunk I love the Idea of a Private Porta Potty. It is awesome.

This Co-Tailgate is going to be Epic.

:bolt:!!!!!GO CHARGERS GO!!!!!:bolt:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh please please please do this for the KC game! :yes:

I'll be out with Mrs. Buck for that one. Our first NFL game ever.

Just begging a little. :lol: :unsure: :icon_banana:

22. HBM

HBM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I love the idea too folks! I really do. My 1st thought is if you join our site for one game, we should join your for one also! We have a problem here though with our private porta Porty, and some people moving in trying to swipe our truly awesome place to tailgate! Come over to the bunker and see the pictures. Hot day? Rain? Who cares, we have the entire trolley that gives us shade and or cover! I'm open to ideas! I know I can speak for all of BB, and a joint tailgate is a friggin awesome idea! Kinda hard for us to move the porta Porty to another location, but besides that....I really think we can work something out to let all the BT'ers and BB'ers tailgate and party together! Hell, if you come over and like it, hell lets join forces for every game! Not sure if there are any reasons you tailgate where you do, so not sure how long you've been there, or even how set in concrete you are there. We have been in our spot for only 2 years, but the shade, porta Porty, really are 2 huge bonus that most do not have......

Greg:flag:

23. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +2
    Cool, my first post at BoltTalk and it is about the greatest thing ever invented....the tailgate! Im a moderator over at the Bunker and been going to the tailgates with all these guys for about 5 years now. Ive got to hear from a few of the BTers over at BoltBunker and this tailgate sounds like a great idea! The spot we are in can easily accommodate up near 100 people so we dont have to worry about space (we must have had 60 there for the opener). I would suggest the Indy game too, because it gives more time to plan and really...what is a tailgate with a Drunk?! :tup: This could be a really cool idea that we could make an annual thing too. All the regular BTers are welcome and all the casual observes of BoltTalk are welcome. You know a trumpet also would echo like a MF under our bridge. The mother of all tailgates! :abq2: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    the trumpet?

so you mean this is going to be a quadruple site tailgate? sweet! :icon_tease:

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Where do you tailgate?
    I'm under the trolley bridge too at H4.

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,600
    you guys should join us too, bring more cigars!!! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  27. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +2
    We are in the last spot under the bridge towards the east near M-4.

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    In all my Years, I have never parked on that side. At the end of the game are you allowed to exit through that Bus Gate, or do you have to exit through the main gate on Friars?

29. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342

You can exit either gate

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    How long does it take to get out of the Stadium?

And how long did it take last Sunday?