1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Underoath/BoltHype mock v1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by underoath, Feb 8, 2007.

1. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Alright people here is my first mock of the 2007 offseason. Feel free to comment and critize all you want!

I have included the entire first round, as well as the first 5 picks of the second round. There will be some surprises here if you are an active mock-watcher on the net. Keep in mind this is only version 1, and this will change from now until after the combine and pro days are over.

As of today, here is where I project the first 37 picks will land.

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell, QB
    2. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB
    3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB
    4. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson, WR
    5. Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT
    6. Washington - Jamaal Anderson, DE
    7. Minnesota - Gaines Adams, DE
    8. Houston - Reggie Nelson, S
    9. Miami - Alan Branch, DT
    10. Atlanta - Leon Hall, CB
    11. San Francisco - Dwayne Jarrett, WR
    12. Buffalo - Patrick Willis, LB
    13. St. Louis - Amobi Okoye, DT
    14. Carolina - Lawrence Timmons, LB
    15. Pittsburg - Paul Posluszny, LB
    16. Green Bay - LaRon Landry, S
    17. Jacksonville - Ted Ginn, WR
    18. Cincinnati - Adam Carriker, DT
    19. Tennessee - Darrelle Revis, CB
    20. New York Giants - Marshawn Lynch, RB
    21. Denver - Victor Abiamiri, DE
    22. Dallas Cowboys - Dwayne Bowe, WR
    23. Kansas City - Sidney Rice, WR
    24. New England - Michael Griffin, S
    25. New York Jets - Aaron Ross, CB
    26. Philadelphia - Earl Everett, LB
    27. New Orleans - Marcus McCauley, CB
    28. New England - Robert Meachem, WR
    29. Baltimore - LaMarr Woodley, LB
    30. San Diego - Aaron Rouse, S
    31. Chicago - Zach Miller, TE
    32. Indianapolis - Rufus Alexander, LB

33. Oakland - Justin Blalock, OG
    34. Detroit - Levi Brown, OT
    35. Tampa Bay - Quinn Pitcock, DT
    36. Cleveland - DeMarcus Tyler, DT
    37. Arizona - Ryan Kalil, C

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I understand why the Chargers might draft a safety but i think they'll draft a WR to go along side VJ and EP

3. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223

7. Minnesota - Gaines Adams, DE I know their sack total was down but I think the score of the games had a lot to do with that. The young QB will need some wr and the Vikes in this mock could take Dwayne Jarrett who should start where Adams would face some stiff competition from several former young gun number 1# DE.

8. Houston - Reggie Nelson, S Is a bit off in my opinion not that Nelson is not a top ball player but they have two players on the roster who may step up for them in CB Dexter McCleon, CB Von Hutchins both will get a look at the position where they are catching a lot of heat is with 2006 1st round selection Mario Williams . He can become a force but until they have another stud on the DL he will be faced with all of the double teams that is why I think they take Adam Carriker DE Nebraska who has great size and speed 6-6 295 LBS which when you look at history of the position it almost always translates into a very high draft selection.

9. Miami - Alan Branch, DT Fits a need but my money is on Amobi Okoye DT Louisville he is younger and faster , he is just a bit smaller but the fish can start him at DE and if needed move him into NT down the road. Branch can not rush the passer like Okoye not many people can.

12 Buffalo - Patrick Willis, LB Just to high for him imop he just is not worthy of going in the top 15 , Buffalo Leon Hall CB Michigan
    It looks like Nate Clements will be lost in F.A. or Branch who would help in the middle as more of a plugger.

14. Carolina - Lawrence Timmons, LB he is a big time Athlete who will post some nice numbers at the combine but the Panthers run a 4-3 not a 3-4 so the OLB is not the pass rusher in their defense. This draft is also thick with LB talent . Last week the Panthers filled one of their three coaching vacancies when they hired former New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Tim Lewis as their new defensive backs coach based on what he did with those teams expect the safety's to have a more active role. The Panthers never replaced McCree , Minter is on board at more than $3 million so he may get the axe and SS Shaun Williams was so bad he may fail to make the team. I think if Laron Landry is on the board the Panthers will grab him .

15. Pittsburgh - Paul Posluszny, LB To high and the Steelers need a RB big time and their is only one kid on the board who could fit in the 1st round Marshawn Lynch . They have always been a run 1st pass second team and they at this point only have 1 RB who is a impact player.

21.Denver - Victor Abiamiri, DE is not a 1st round talent they need a CB big time Chris Houston CB will be a starter day 1 for them the DE will be a rotational guy who they will pick up in round 2# in fact I have them with Victor Abiamiri in that round and if he is gone they will choose between Jay Moore , Charles Johnson , Quentin Moses , Ray McDonald all of which can fit very well in their system.

22. Dallas Cowboys - Dwayne Bowe, WR is a very good player but I bet you Owens is back and if they go that way the FS position as well as OL have been the two big sore spots. Jones will take gambles on players who have a lot of talent that is why I project Brandon Meriweather FS here. If he did not have the anger on and off field issues he would be in the running for the top 1 or 2 FS types on the board. He can play CB as well as FS and only Nelson and Ross can do that and he is faster than Ross.

26. Philadelphia - Earl Everett, LB
    I like him a lot but he is very ruff and I think you have him to high here. I do agree with the LB need WR may also fit.

27. New Orleans - Marcus McCauley, CB I think McCauley played himself out of the 1st round in the Senior Bowl the only coverage at this point he can play is press other wise he is so lost he needs a map. The Saints need CB and LB help I see Daymeion Hughes CB as a good fit here.

30. San Diego - Aaron Rouse, S I like him a lot as a player who may switch positions to Cover ILB in a 3-4 and in a couple of seasons he could turn into a real special talent that said normally you take projects in the 2nd round but after the combine he could shoot up the board big time. Smith loves athletes.

4. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    One player missing is Anthony Spencer I bet he lands in the 1st round as he has demonstrated great skills at getting after the QB.

5. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    The raiders dont need a guard they need a tackle and a vetran Left guard. If levi brown was there he would be a raider for sure.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    i kinda agree
    i'd sooner have grabbed Blalock or Brown over Rouse and for sure the latter, but maybe the former, will be gone by our pick