1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

University of Illinois disses Vets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Linky

<snip> Why do some U of I administrators believe that Iraqi war veterans are jarheads, as alleged by a former assistant dean?

Robert van der Hooning, who was fired from the U of I, alleges that demeaning word for United States Marines was used by his bosses when they ordered him to slash the number of scholarships for veterans.

In a lawsuit Van der Hooning filed against the U of I, he claims top administrators of the business school indicated there were too many "jarheads" in the program. Van der Hooning says he was ordered to reduce MBA scholarships from 110 to 17, and told to concoct "technical reasons" to dump veterans from the program. <snip>

:icon_evil: :tdown:

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    What a steaming pile of horseshit!!! I suppose these high-riding *******s would look down their long noses at my little girl, not to mention my 19-year-old son who's joining the Army himself next month.

If serving one's country honorably and well makes one a jarhead, I say it's time to use that word to describe ALL of our veterans......PROUDLY!!

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    U of I is setting themselves up for a massive class-action suit for all the vets that got turned down for grants.

They brung it on themselves.