1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UP and coming teams to watch in 2010

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Feb 6, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    here is a thread to talk about which team you think will be THE up and coming team next year and make the playoffs.

I'm calling 49ers!! With warner retiring and Alex smith getting better and 2 first round draft picks I think SF could do some damage this year!

2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    UP nd coming teams to watch in 2010

Houston

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407

San Fran and Houston are becoming what Arizona was for so many years before they finally won the NFC West: The teams that everyone picks every year as the "sleeper" only to watch them suck it up that year...or at least barely miss the playoffs.

Like Arizona, though, they might eventually be right if they keep calling it every single year.

That being said, at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite (even though I'm not really since I haven't picked them yet until this point), my pick actually is Houston for this year.

I'm also betting Houston is where LT is playing next year.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Houston in the AFC South

Miami in the AFC East

Pittsburgh in the AFC North

49ers in the NFC West

All 4 of them will make the playoffs next year IMO.

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66

Are we only going with teams that didn't make the playoffs? Because I think the Cowboys might get tougher next season.

San Fran, Jacksonville and Houston are obvious choices to make the playoffs next season, and Arizona, Cincy and Philly are the teams I think will drop off.

6. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66

Add Brandon Marshall too. If they can get an upgrade like that in Houston, watch out.

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152

Ill say miami is a 11+ win team next year.

Chad Henne is going to be a stud, they already have a great running game and offensive line and that defense should be much improved next year with young guys like Philip Merling, Sean Smith, Vonte Davis and Cameron wake all gaining experience this year and should be big time players next year. Not to mention they already have a couple good Safeties (bell and wilson) and they already have one of the best 5techs (randy sparks) and a pretty good NT.

I think if they add a top flight WR in FA or the draft, they will be win the AFCE and be a major player. I can see them being like the jets this year, but with a much better QB. A top 5 defense and running game and a very good game manager at QB

8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280

ill say SF also. that will be kinda cool, maybe ill end up at a game with some friends :shrug:

9. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58

THat would be terrible. Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson :( They would be unstoppable!

10. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    da Bears. For one season Martz will gel with Jay Cutler and recreate greatest show on turf to save Lovie Smith's job for one more season. Good defense, good RB in Forte and with a wide open passing game (which historically the Bears have NEVER HAD) they're going to win 12 games. Not to worry, after 2010 the wheels fall off with plenty of infighting and the Bears fall back to reality. By the end 2011 Cutler is traded.

BTW their TE Olson is going to have to be pulled off Martz's throat is training camp for trying to choke him. Olson ends up getting traded before the season.