1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

update your draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 17, 2010.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    now that the Chargers have the 40th pick in the draft, what would you do with the 28th and 40th pick in the draft?

I don't want Cody, is that guy from UCLA, Price good enough for the 28th pick or maybe him at 40 and Mathews and 28? :icon_shrug:, anyways, I'd go DT and RB (not necesarily in that order) there should be some good ones left by that time

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Beef and Beef!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Ryan Matthews RB Fresno St
    Terrance Cody NT Alabama
    Larry Asante S Nebraska
    Ciron Black OT LSU
    Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana-Pennsylanvia
    Kade Weston NT Georgia

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    F'n eh right. :tup:

Draft nothing but fast and fat ballers for the lines.

Forget all other positions.

Just draft BEEF.

5. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    no way. ciron black is a turd. i know he is a 4 year starter, but he won't be drafted in the 4th by us or anyone else. his senior year sucked, he's slow, weak, and has no agility. And I don't think that CB lasts until the 5th.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    then flip flop the unpronounceable to the fourth (maybe) and insert another tackle in

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I agree with drafting beef buy not an all-beef draft. Get a DT, a RT, and maybe a DE to challange Cesaire or whoever is at the DE position opposite Castillo.

on the Oline, I would keep McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick (I know you don't like him but he's good), Vasquez will be good, give him time, the ski-brothers are good depth

on the Dline all spots (including Castillo's) are up for grabs

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If Trumpy had his way we'd have a roster with 27 offensive linemen and 26 defensive linemen.

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Depends who is there. Only two RBs I would take in the first. Maybe one I would take in the early second. If their not there then all DL.

We need a quality NT and DL. That by far is our biggest weakness. A RB can be found in the 3rd-4th round some good ones. RBs might be taken later in this draft than many realize.

A good safety is in need. ILB can be found in the later rounds, this draft is stacked with them.

CB only has to be a backup. Unless a good one is on the board we might only draft one late.

Tackle and backup Guard is important. One RT in the first three rounds is what I would like to see.

10. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    28) Dan Williams,NT
    40) Daryl Washington,ILB
    89)Ben Tate,RB
    92) Taylor price,WR
    127) Rico Mccoy,OLB
    200) Syd'Quan Thompson,CB
    211c) Joique Bell,RB
    239) Darrell Stuckey ,SS
    256c) C.J. Wilson,DE

11. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I say we go in this order: OT, DT, RB, CB

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    For the Draft all I want is Big Beef Beefy Beef for the first 3 rounds of the draft and get the rest the last rounds.

13. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Some of positions are fine by me. Mathews at 28 works for me. I am not a Cody guy at all. I don't feel we need to draft a NT that high and I also don't think there is value with any NT after Dan Williams until the later rounds.

I like Joseph or Ogholbasse in the 4th or later and Ivey in the 7th or UDFA as far as additional help for the D-Line.

I would go higher for CB, I really like Kyle Wilson and if he was there at 28 I would be very happy if we picked him. I also like McCourty. I have issues with just assuming that Cason will get the job done, I don't want to see the Chargers take that risk.

I would also go higher for O-Line help. I like Ducasse and Veldheer allot. But Veldheer would be better suited for RT, I wuld really like them both to be honest.

I am not sure why you think we should go for a Safety in the 3rd round. This does not work for me.

At RB, We still have Sproles on the roster, I am not sure if that is the way it is going to stay but if he is going to be a Charger in 2010 then MY #1 choice at RB is Mathews at 28. Next would be Hardesty, Tate, or Scott. I would also like to see the Chargers sign LaMarcus Coker as a UDFA and keep him on the PS for next season as Sproles Insurance for the future.

Some other guys in the later rounds I like to fill out our draft are James Chaney, Pat Angerger, or Micah Johnson at ILB. Angerger will not be there in the 3rd so he is not a good fit. I also like Junior Galette at OLB as a 7th round pick or UDFA.

I feel we would be better served to still move Sproles for a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft. If AJ could pull that off then we really could fill most of the needs we have to improve this team. Another move might be to try to move up in the 3rd from our current spot.

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    thats what I'm thinking. Just depends who's there when we pick. All I know is we need a rb or two. And the rest is just improving the team for the future.

We be looking good now with the whitehurst trade. REAlly good.:icon_toast:

15. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    OK, beef is cool but address the spots that need be.

In my opinion....

1. Ryan Matthews, RB. is the best pick at this spot for ou needs. I saw someone put Dan Williams. he will be gone.

2. Cam Thomas, DT. I like this guy and he is a freakin hole stuffer. I dont like Cody...slow and out of shape

Im gonna get killed for the next one

3. Amari Speivey, CB. or Mardy Gilyard, WR.

Im not going to continue with the rest but ill say I really really like Tyson Alualu. he is big and fast. I think getting this guy would add some power on D. he could compete...