1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

US "rewarded" illegal alien for his testimony-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Feb 19, 2007.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word :icon_eek: :no: :tdown: :icon_evil:

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    No ****............:tdown: :no: :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This thread seems like the place for this-

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas is a fairly famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
    2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after
    3. Jack Ruby-who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, died there a few years later..by coincidence

"On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country wit h almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. (That's almost 44 per day---every day)

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas.

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars i n surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million. The average patient in Parkland is maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth
    to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital, they do. " Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE.
    The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant with her third child her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico. This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money. Not that it matters, the hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even bother asking at this point.)

How long has this been going on? What are the long-term affects?

Well, another subject of the article was born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother entered the US illegally now she is having her own child there as well. (That's right, she's technically a US citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula. Most of these things are available to American citizens as well but onl y for low-income applicants and eve n then, the red tape involved is almost insurmountable.

Because these women are illegal immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of legitimate identification no proof of income. An American citizen would have to provide a social security number which would reveal their annual income an illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the hospital must take them at their word.

"My husband is a pilot for the United States Navy (yes, he fought in Iraq) and while the health care is good, we Navy wives don't get any of these perks! Car seats? Diapers? Not so much. So my question is this: Does our public medical care system treat illegal immigrants better than American citizens? Yes, it does!

As I mentioned, the care I have received is perfectly adequate but it's bare bones, meat and potato medical care not top of line. Their (the illegals') medical care is free - simply because they
    are illegal immigrants. Once again, there is no way to verify their income. Parkland Hospital offers indigent care to Dallas County residents who earn less than $40,000 per year. (They also have to prove that they did not refuse health coverage at their current job. Yeah, the 'free' care is not so easy for Americans.)

There are about 140 patients who received roughly $4 million dollars for un-reimbursed medical care. As it turns out, they did not qualify for free treatment because they resided outside of Dallas County so the hospital is going to sue them! Illegals get it all free! But U. S citizens who live outside of Dallas County get sued! How stupid is this?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the illegal immigrant patients are actually complaining about hospital staff not speaking Spanish. In this AP story, the author speaks with a woman who is upset that she had to translate comments from the hospital staff into Spanish for her husband. The doctor was trying to explain the situation to the family and the mother was forced to translate for her husband who only spoke Spanish. This was apparently a great injustice to her.

In an attempt to create a Spanish-speaking staff, Parkland Hospital is now providing incentives in the form of extra pay for applicants who speak Spanish. Additionally, medical students at the University of Texas Southwestern for which Parkland Hospital is the training facility will now have a Spanish language requirement added to their already jammed-packed curriculum. No other school in the country boasts such a ridiculous multi-semester (multicultural) requirement.

In the meantime, I have to end my column here. I have to go buy a car seat."

(Ed: Sorry for the length, but this needs wide circulation - particularly to our "employees" in Congress.)

Remember that this is only ONE hospital is Dallas, Texas. There are many more hospitals across our country that also have to deal with this.
    PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY US CITIZEN YOU KNOW.

If you want to verify accuracy:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/parkland.asp

6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Damn - Texas has gone liberal while I wasn't watching?:wabbit::conc: (runs)

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    We might as well get used to it.
    This is Mexico's attempt to invade and take over the United States of America. :flag:
    As of now, they're winning. And we're letting them.

This Country bend's over to not offend somebody. Were willing to teach our kid's Spanish so we can order food. We teach our kid's Spanish so the Mexican kid's won't be behind in class. Our own Police can't even arrest an Illegal ! :icon_huh:

Don't get me started on Muslum's ! :yes:

Fact is, The United States is expected to be the savior of the world.

Rant Off. :censored:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup, we even got ******s...uh...geys :icon_eek: :tdown:

9. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Know the post is old, but it's the first time I read through this thread...
    So let me get this right... an American citizen can stand up in court and admit to wrong doing - ending up in jail for years as a result of his admission, but someone here illegally can admit to that and it isn't "evidence" enough to follow the law and deny them bail? :icon_eek::tdown::mad::icon_evil::censored:

10. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

BINGO! GWB is very weak on immigration!

11. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    And, I say the same crap by supporting Tom Tancredo's immigration stance in another thread and I get labled a damn right wing extremist...

Good post BTW LV...

TBF

12. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    OFF TOPIC but Gotta say it - I like your new avatar - Canadian chicks are soooo hawt! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Rosie is an American...Long Island chick, I think...But, shes still hot and sometimes that's all that matters. And, I'm awfully glad she didn't leave the country like her, the badwins, and some of thier other Hollywood losers said they would do if Bush won...

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    SCHIP invaded by illegal immigrants?

SCHIP invaded by illegal immigrants? House votes today

Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:36 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

With the House set to vote today to reauthorize the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, or SCHIP, Rep. Nathan Deal (R-Ga.) has found a new reason to hate the bill. Illegal immigrants.

All of Georgia’s Republican congressmen voted against a similar bill in August that would have added at least $35 billion to the program, known locally as PeachCare, despite the program’s success and popularity at home. The vote today is on a compromise bill worked out by House and Senate negotiators

Taking their lead from President Bush, Georgia GOPers argue that SCHIP is a first step toward socialized medicine, a wild expansion of governmental powers and no longer doing what it was designed to do a decade ago.

Just hours before the House vote Tuesday, however, Deal warned his fellow congressmen in a “Dear Colleague” letter that the “deeply flawed” Democratic SCHIP bill would allow illegal immigrants to enroll in SCHIP and Medicaid at the cost of $3.7 billion over the next decade.

How would these illegal immigrants get into the program? Simple. A provision in the bill allows potential enrollees to show only a Social Security card - not documents proving citizenship - when they apply at the state level to get in the programs.

“While I am a strong supporter of the SCHIP program, I simply cannot vote for a bill that flagrantly encourages illegal aliens to break our immigration laws and fraudulently enroll in taxpayer-funded public assistance programs,” Deal wrote.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Missive from onea the more "Religious Brothers-

I want to agree with what Bob wrote, but add more fuel to the discussion. Bob wrote: "but mostly to millions of illegal immigrants (should have been aliens)". Here are so verifiable facts with the URL to check them out:

Often, we are caught up in political semantics (millions, billions, trillions) and end up ignoring the hard-shell realities of what we're talking about.

According to Immigration Counters.com_ (http://immigrationcounters.com/) Here are some of the realities:

1. Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country - 20,807,645

2. Money sent to Mexico City since January 2006 - $22,213,001,672

3. Cost of Social Security Services for Illegal Aliens since 1996 - $397,450,739,563

4. Number of Children of Illegal Aliens in Public Schools - 3,958,789

5. Cost of Illegal Aliens in K-12 since 1996 - $13,965,063,431

6. Number of Illegal Aliens Incarcerated - 332,594

7. Cost of Incarcerations since 2001 - $1,398,127,429

8. Number of Illegal Aliens Fugitives - 642,799

9. Skilled Jobs taken by Illegal Aliens - 9,872,838

Take particular note the total cost is $412,817,889,212 close to ½ TRILLION. What it will cost taxpayers if we triple the number of Illegal's entering this country! These monies come from taxes collected from you and me.

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending your tax money. A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases. So, what's in a Billion?

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959, A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes at the rate our government is spending it.

Paul
    God's Green Beret

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
  17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Gotta wait til more illegals get there first, Bro!! :yes: :tup:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Lotta huevos here, y'all!!

<SNIP>

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.

At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension or loss of a business license.

Its intent is to eliminate or curtail the top draw for immigrants to this country - jobs.

The Mexican delegation, members of Sonora's 58th Legislature, belong to the National Action Party (PAN), the party of Mexico's president, Felipe Calderón.

They spoke at the offices of Project PPEP, a nonprofit that provides job retraining for farmworkers and other programs.

The lawmakers were to travel to Phoenix for a Wednesday breakfast meeting with Hispanic legislators.

They want to tell them how the law will affect Mexican families on both sides of the border.

"How can they pass a law like this?" asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano Gamez, who represents Nogales.

"There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona," she said in Spanish.

"Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said.

"We are one family, socially and economically," she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona. *BULLSHIT*

Amparano said the Mexican legislators are already asking the federal government of Mexico for help for Sonora.

Rep. Florencio Diaz Armenta, coordinator of the delegation, represents San Luis, south of Yuma, one of Arizona's agricultural hubs, which employs some 28,000 legal Mexican workers.

"What do we do with the repatriated?" he asked. "As Mexicans, we are worried. They are Mexicans but they are also people - fathers and mothers and young people with jobs" who won't have work in Sonora."

He said the Arizona law will lead to "disintegration of the family," as one "legal" Mexican parent remains in Arizona and the other returns to Mexico.

Rep. Francisco Garcia Gámez, a legislator from Cananea and that city's former mayor, said the lack of mining jobs there has driven many Mexicans to Arizona to find work. He said they depend on jobs in Arizona to feed their families on both sides of the border.

Gov. Janet Napolitano, in her State of the State speech Monday, said the new law needs some modifications, including a better definition of what constitutes a complaint.

Barrett Marson, director of communications for the Arizona House of Representatives, said Speaker Jim Weiers, R-Phoenix, "has some concerns about how the law will be administered and applied."

He said the speaker sought testimony from the business community last fall "to get ideas about how to make following the law easier. In the end, that's what he wants - compliance, but make it as easy as possible to do."

<SNIP>

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This from the "Progressives"

<snip>

Augustine Romero, director of Tucson Unified School District's ethnic-studies department, is nothing if not candid about his program.

Traditional history and civics courses, Romero argues, have "been highly ineffective to children of color." He has a better way.

<snip>

22. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    those damn beaners.

now let me go look up and post every crime and death a citizen has done lately. i wont put a :icon_evil: because its not as bad as when an illegal alien does it, but ill still be a little bothered.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  25. SuperCharger21

SuperCharger21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I have no sympathy for any illegal alien. They should have thought of these things BEFORE THEY CROSSED INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY ILLEGALLY!!!!! Seriously, what's the difference between this and someone getting busted for using illegal drugs at work, and saying, "Wait!! I need a job!! I'm a father!!" - who's going to care?

At the same time, I see illegal aliens buying up houses around my rented home, and here I am, a U.S. Army veteran of Desert Storm, and I can't buy a house because my credit's a bit poor. I'm all for a wide-scale crackdown on getting these people out of here. You want to stay, you pay some friggin' taxes. Then we're cool. Don't make it our fault that you can't stop having babies.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I have no arguement with this comment, and BTW, Welcome to Bolttalk!! :tup: :icon_toast:

And thank you for your service to our country; many of us here have served or are serving!! :abq1: :flag:

27. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193

This is an ignorant statement. I understand your frustration with the situation. But coming from Mexican ancestry, I am highly offended by your ignorance. :tdown:

Fouts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    i should have put a sarcasm smiley.

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172