1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

USA Womens Soccer Team in World Cup Final

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by paddyirishman, Jul 15, 2011.

1. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Best of luck to the lassies on the USA womens soccer team in the final this Sunday versus the Japs.
    Revenge for Pearl Harbour is what I say!!!!

2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    最も不幸。あなたは失われた。アメリカ人劣る。ハハ

3. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    Slimy Bastage. :mad: :D

4. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    What the what??? :confused:

5. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    It's all good. Sandolf knew I would eventually see it. We always go back and forth on this. :D

6. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    LOL, here is how Google translated the above:

7. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    LOL... I know how it translates.

8. robdog

Ratings:
    +262
    Was putting it out there just in case someone else doesn't know what it says. ;)

9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Indeed sir. Lo and behold. A deserted soccer thread. :)

10. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    I call do-overs on the game. :)

[​IMG]

11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    FIFA Frauen WM Stadion indeed. haha... Funny how those bogus stadium naming rights don't extend to the international competitions. It will always be the Waldstadion for me.

12. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    That is true. I believe the 3rd-4th place game was played in Sinsheim where 1899 Hoffenheim plays. I believe that is a fairly new stadium. I mapped out the Bundesliga stadiums on Google Earth, and some of these stadiums are so new that the recent google earth still shows a "farming area" where the stadium got built.

There is a flux of teams in the Koln to Dortmund corrider (5 teams). That area could be more crowded next year if Fortuna Dusseldorf gets promoted. Berlin is sitting out there by themselves and Nürnburg is kind of lonely too.

13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Nürnberg my good man. Burgs and Bergs get confused a lot. (... I have a good reason to know... :D).

Don't know the whole story... but Hoffenheim was a village team bought by some billionaire. They were playing in Waldhof Mannheim's stadium until they built their own. (kind of funny that the village team is higher than the big city team... and using their place).

That with Fortuna is a very big if. I will switch over to them from the Billy Goats if they make it. (... still have a F. D'dorf jersey... unfortunately I've grown too large to wear it).

14. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61

Ah poop. I'm mostly German, I should get that right.

Hoffenheim was one of the stadiums that still shows an agricultural field on google earth.

If you don't mind and you have a time, I'd like to see a pic of this F D'dorf jersey. What year was it from? What other Bundesliga jerseys do you have? I'd support D'Dorf too, love Altbier. It seemed more of a financial/business city as opposed to Köln. I remember walking down the Kö (Königsallee), and there was a lot of high-end shopping and cafes. I bypassed them all and went straight to the breweries (Schumacher, Im Füchshen, Zum Uerige, Zum Schlüssel).

15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    No problem... just trying to help. I know what you mean.

Can do. At least you wont get anal if I post it a day early. :D Must be from about '95. Henkel is the sponsor... (famous soap detergent like fabricating company). The only other one I have is the Stuttgarter Kickers (of course). That one still fits.

Düsseldorf is the state capital of NRW... (Nordrhein Westfallen). A government city with some affluence. The Kölners consider them snobs... (which is essentially correct).

The proper thing to do. The Kö is only good for bird watching and wasting money.

16. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    Well I'm never gonna get any contracts with Siemens if I can't get my "Burgs" and "Bergs" correct. :(

Nice... look forward to seeing it. I like the Stuttgarter jersey colors.

Figures. It seemed like a "banking" type city. Certainly I saw the affluence in the city. I saw some cars parked on the Kö and wow, there was some nice, expensive cars.

:abq1::abq2:

17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last year's MCFC kit. Got it in a grub pile for $40. I hope to get the new one soon, which I think is much nicer.

[​IMG]

The last one is the Chelsea FC 100th anniversary kit. Bought it as a collector's item. I tried it on once (when nobody was home... made sure to take a shower afterwards to wash away the evil spirits). Never have been seen in public wearing this. Never will. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    1. That's a cool Dusseldorf jersey.
    2. Wow, I love that Stuttgarter Kicker jersey... kick (pun) ***.
    3. I agree... this years MCFC jersey is much better than last years.
    4. Hahaha... I won't tell anyone. Buy it just for collector item or for an investment later on? :)

I've bought some from my travels as well. I'll get them together and pic' em here sometime this weekend.

Thanks! Good stuff.

19. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    The CFC shirt is just really nice. The pic doesn't do it much justice. The gold trim and the gold stitching on the sides really shine. Maybe it's worth something one day. Just have to make sure it doesn't mold in the closet. :D

20. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
  21. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
  22. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Im right here, following this thread with interest. It only took about 45 days to get a reply to the Womens World Cup Final,lol.
    I notice theres a Stuttgart jersey above. Stuttgart was were Ireland beat England 1-0 back in 1988 at the European Championships. Good auld Ray Houghton. Im a Leeds United fan and I recall Stuttgart beat Leeds in a European match back in the 90s, but then managed to get themselves kicked out of the competition for breaking some rule.

23. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    Please join us in the new soccer thread.