1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

USC's scary flight to Notre Dame!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by leisure, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Hi Steph... Is it me... or doesn't it seem like this plane is low enough to land the thing fairly easily... almost coast down to a landing?

Don't get me wrong, I'd have my order in for round 2...... but the fact that you can see the ground below would be somewhat positive for me.. Got to be an open field down there somewhere, right?? :icon_shrug: :icon_mrgreen:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    And then a little while later you notice you are over a big body of water...... :icon_eek:

At that point, I would look for the nearest large-chested blonde from Southern California on the flight.

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    OK, flight crew, time to drop the rudders.. or whatever they're called. :icon_mrgreen:

I did kind of notice that water.....The pilot would have to turn that baby around...slowly... :icon_eek:

About the big boobed blonde...Reliving your past???? ;)

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    No, because she's the most likely to be able to have her implants used as floatation devices. :icon_rofl:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I'm pretty mellow on flights, usually just bored or whatnot, but staring at THAT makes me want to down three of them and combine them with hte biggest glass of whiskey they have on the airplane.

6. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    YeeHaw!!!
    I think our odds of dying on an airplane are pretty low. Odds are higher that some blue-hair, fluffly head will take us out in a car accident. Scarey....:yes:

• Like Like x 2
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    You mean Leisure would run us over??/ :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    This actually happened to me on a flight out of Vegas. Left engine on an MD-80 tore its rotor up at about 8000 feet on ascent. Two huge bumps as the pieces tore through the engine casing.

Now on an MD-80 the engine is at eye level for the back passengers. not below the wing like most planes. You actually look out the window right at the engine. The guy sitting next to the engine was a rodeo bronco rider and nearly **** himself.

Most of us in the front of the plane didn't know what was going on but I fly alot and I knew this wasn't turbulence. I asked the flight attendant to go ask the pilot what was going on. She was not worried and went into cockpit.

She came out a few minutes later white as a ghost and made the announcement with her voice cracking we were going to make an emergency landing amd put our heads between our legs and get into the brace position. Basically put your head between your legs and kiss your *** goodbye. Everyone had about 5 minutes to make their peace. Lots of crying from ladies and cussing from the guys. First and only time I thought I was really done for.

Fuel was dumped and we managed to land on one engine. Got a look at the plane afterward and some nice big chunks ripped out, fortunately they did not fly into the direction of the fuselage or there would have been a headless horseman in the back. Saw the pilots deplane and the young co-pilot looked like he had been through a war.

We all got free drinks waiting for the next plane and all bonded in the bar. It was Vegas to Colorado Springs. 60% took the next plane. 30% couldn't muster the courage and decided to go the next day. 10% said screw it they were renting a car and driving.

Those of us on the next plane got treated to a PA announcement by the bronco buster who cracked some jokes. Guy was funny as hell and we were all drunk by that time so we had a good time. A flight to remember.

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I've been driving and hit from behind 3 times. Twice by older people, once by a stupid 17 year old kid.

That delayed plane incident I talked about above is the worst experience I've had while flying.

So........ I'm not that scared to fly. I'm more afraid they'll lose my luggage. :lol:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,762
    The last time I flew home from NC, we had a refueling stop in San Antone which seemed like it took forever. Having worked a flight line I was starting to wonder what was taking so long.

Finally the pilot comes on and tells us that there were some bad shear winds and was advised to stay put, well you know how that goes, you sit and wait. What seemed like an eternity we head out, only to be told that the flight plan had been changed due to the winds.

We flew around around Texas and I seen places that I never would visit anyway. Then all of a sudden that Marty Robbins tune comes to mind, Back to El Paso or what ever the name of it is. Then the pilot tells us we are over El Paso, Yeah I think to myself, we're here to die.

We get over New Mexico and then it happened. All went quiet, like the engines cut out. I had that sensation of being in an elevator in a rapid decent. The lights and ac system were flickering on and off and not one person was saying a word. I had a window seat and could tell we were dropping but were still level and still no sound of any kind, Then boom it was like the plane did a belly flop in mid air and the decent stopped flat.

I don't know what happened that day and still don't. All the pilot ever said was that he had to slow down as the winds were still really bad. I can say I have never been in flight in a jetliner like that and not hear a thing for what seemed like 10 minutes, then boom alls back to normal.

11. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I'm Torn...Everyone is telling success stories...Because they survived scary *** flights, so on one hand it's good...But the on the other hand, how many people are not alive to tell thier stories.

I agree, we are more likely to bite it via a blue hair or a 17 year old know it all on the roads we travel every day...

All this being said....FLYING SUCKS, you guys have me scared shitless and I only do it when I need to.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  12. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    My first flight was on a 22-seater and I had 2 stiff drinks before getting on; from there to a 727 which was free champaigne sorta milktrain flight. I don't remember much about either other than going over the Rockies and FA's belting themselves in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    My first flight without parents was 2 years ago to go skiing in NH:tup::tup::tup: and visit my favourite country for the first time:flag: