1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

USD

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by TBF, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    How awesome is it that a small Catholic school in SD can have so many incredible sports programs...

Congrats to USD on earning a berth in the NCAA Basketball Tourney...3 games in 3 days and two against ranked teams and they simply performed...!

Congrats to the USD Baseball team for being ranked pre season and playing pretty damn good baseball against other ranked teams...

SDSU gets so much damn pub, and USD has the better programs as we speak...I think thier football team albeit a lower level has lost 2 games in the last two seasons...

Very, very cool!

TBF

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    i love that both schools are doing so great but yeah lots of props to USD especially because they got over the hump and beat Gonzaga

3. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Heard That QB For USD Didn't Do So Well On His Pro Day While The Aztec Actually Did Well....Go Figure

4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    SDSU - Kevin O'Connell; USD - Josh Johnson

There are actually positive rumblings about both guys as pros. I've seen as high as second round projections for Johnson, and O'Connell carries a solid developmental QB projection. I'm rooting for both to do well. Maybe if we trade away Whitehurst we could snatch up one of these guys to keep the talent in SD.

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    USD baseball will face #16 Cal State Fullerton today @ CSF... Off the top of my head, this is the 7th ranked team they have played this season... They have a very tough early schedule... They have 3 of the best starters in College Baseball... The new college schedules are very tough on the student athlete... They started the college season a month later and will play more games during the week as well as three on the weekends... This really pushes the rotations...

If you get a chance, go down and catch Major college baseball right in our own back yard...I caught one of the USD/SDSU games and it cost me five bucks to see very good baseball. IMO college baseball in San Diego is one of the most overlooked spectating sport. You're right up in the action...You can hear the coaches coaching, the players yelling and razzing the oppo...

You see way more hustle at this level then you see in a major league game. Most kids in college baseball programs (minus those few) are playing for thier position each and every attempt in the field or at the plate.

TBF

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I've never understood how both SDSU & USD baseball gets so overlooked. It was that way when I lived there as well. Both teams have produced some great ball players

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I know there is another thread on this, but I must pimp myself and a earlier thread propping USD...Damn nice to see the small school putt'n some pub up on the board...I guarantee they killed some brackets...

Congrats to USD.

TBF