1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UT Article on Jammer

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by imported_Bolt_Attack, Jan 4, 2008.

1. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I must agree with the article on QJ's performance this year, he has been outstanding. It is evident on the way teams have been throwing away from him. I for one want to thank him for his hard work and I appreciate the time and study he puts in!

On a personal note, I had the opportunity to meet him, Igor, Matt Wilhelm, and Shaun Phillips 2 years ago in Denver the night before our game up there (the one we came back to win in the second half). Myself, along with Bolts4life, Parkerfan88, and a couple of other Chargers fans ran into them all at ESPN Zone. They all were very nice and agreed to take several pictures with us however Jammer and Wilhelm were extremely friendly. The article stated that he plays for the fans and takes the negative comments to heart. I for one once again want to thank him and I understand that statistics don't show everything. He has truly become a shutdown corner!

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He's the hardset hitting and best tackler in our secondary hands down. I love it when he comes up in run-support and lays some wood. :yes:

Quality player for sure. :yes: :bolt:

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Bolt_Attack,

Jammer isn't a shutdown corner, but thanks for the heads up about that article.

:tup:

4. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    In your opinion that is. In the past he wasn't however this year he has (IMO) proven otherwise.

5. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I must say over the last 2 years my attitude on Jammer has changed. I don't think you can call him a shutdown corner if your using INT's as the barometer, but if you look at his overall play and how many times QB's throw at him ( yes i know that CRO being a rook has something to do with that) then I say yes you can call him a shutdown CB.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    My huge complaint with Jammer was penalties. He has just about cured that affliction and turned into one of the league's best corners in his overall performance.

7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Media pundits seem to like to simplify things by rating defensive backs proportional to their interceptions. So it is no surprise that fans follow suit and do the same. What nobody seems to have noticed is what Jammer means to our run defense. I have rarely seen a corner that seals so well in his position. That was painfully obvious when he was out injured. I cannot remember one instance this year when a running back beat him inside and kept going. Clinton Hart will come flying up to the line of scrimmage and whiff at a tackle, but not Jammer. I doubt even if McCree has the wheels to get there. The only thing Cromartie has on Jammer is his ability to catch the football. But that is not the only aspect of playing the position.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    In the article, his secondary coach (Bradley) called him a shutdown corner. Let's see, whose opinion should I put more value in? :icon_huh:

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Jammer forthegodwin. Regardless of how much money he may make, I feel terribly awful for all the negativity that was unleashed on him. I will wear that Jammer jersey with pride this Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Jammer is solid. I remember during the offseason when the ESPN talking heads were losing their **** over the Bailey/Bly tandem in Denver. I think it's fair to say that Jammer and Cromartie were a better pair this year. Crazy!

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Amen to that. If Hart can continue to improve & we get Weddle in the mix, we'll have one of the best secondaries in the league. :tup:

Not many of us felt that way during the early going this year, now did we? :unsure:

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Bly is very overrated. He has good INT numbers because he takes big risks but he also gets burned for alot of big plays.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    Jammer has played very well this year. :tup: The DBs have been solid.

14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    let's revisit after the playoffs... :lol:

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Our secondary is already one of the best, and will continue to get better.

I'd love for us to win the next two and have another shot at Brady and Moss.

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Agreed again. Would you stop doing that!:icon_evil:

:icon_tease::icon_rofl:

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    [​IMG]
    :icon_rofl::tdown:

18. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    look at marty hold'in his pee pee like some lil' kid gett'in nervous...
    and who's the f'n tree in the backround, mcneil?

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Me, too, but I'm still thinking that the Jags might beat us to it. I think that they'll beat Pittsburgh & have a damn good chance at shoving NE's face in the mud.

Revenge aside - would you rather face NE or Jax in the AFCC game? I know it's early yet, just wondering. :icon_shrug:

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Me, too, but I'm still thinking that the Jags might beat us to it. I think that they'll beat Pittsburgh & have a damn good chance at shoving NE's face in the mud.

Revenge aside - would you rather face NE or Jax in the AFCC game? I know it's early yet, just wondering. :icon_shrug:

I think that I'd take NE. :yes:

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Jags could run NE ragged.

22. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    He is the best run support CB in the game and he maybe the strongest. Jammer just keeps getting better ints are not the lone measure of a CB.