1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UT Article snipet on Crime and NFL team since 2000!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Stan_The_Man_12, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Some teams still have problems. “There certainly is a sliding scale, not at the league level, but team to team on what they will tolerate,” said David Carter, executive director of the Sports Business Institute at USC.

Online: To view NFL arrests since 2000, go to uniontrib.com/more/nflarrests.

Five Vikings have been arrested or cited since April 2007, bringing the team's total since 2000 to 29, more than any other team, according to the Union-Tribune's arrest database. The Denver Broncos have had seven arrests or citations since April 2007, giving them 20 since 2000, tied for third-most.

Nice going there Donkies. ShanaRat sure knows how to sing those players of productive character.

Hey, The Chargers are not saints, but 20 arrests!?!?!?!?!?! :icon_rofl:

Stan :rivers17:

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Where does Pacman rank in the team totals?

3. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Not sure RC but I believe the article might have mentioned that Pac Man's arrest counted as three?? maybe I mis-read? something like that, either way, this is pretty damming as far as the NFL as a whole, but if you compare them vs typical society they are pretty well behaved, the difference is that NFL players private lives become public because they become pseudo celebrities representing teams and communities and for the most part are role models to young fans. As a parent of young kids, I, pick and choose to direct my kids as to who they will root for.

Stan :rivers17: