1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines Day Is Here Early....Give It Up Folks!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Oct 14, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That 2 weeks in a row my boy has come up big! Then on top of the 2 wins, inter-division wins. Come throw your comments around about how Merriman & Philips aren't being used correctly & blah blah blah. Bottom line is us winning and we did so with the "D" giving up only a TD. Other then that....we shut them down. Not TC may nor be the long term answer here but you gotta love that our defense has been strong these past 2 games?!?

Bring it!:icon_tease:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    beat someone better then talk to me

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Oh, I understand, as long as the defense dominates and shuts down the opponents, that won't be good enough because we played a crap team. Like it or not, the Turds were a first place team. Nice place to start in my book! Totally shut down their running game & got 2 nice interceptions.

But I understand how you can't handle giving credit where credit is due. We went from a defense giving up 30+ points to going back to our domination.:yes:

4. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Good job bringing some more pressure today, Merriman and Phillips did a hell of a job. You still can't like all the third/fourth and long conversions that Oakland had on their only TD drive. Can't argue with the win though.

Edit: ONLY touchdown drive!

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'll give him some credit, I liked the pass rush and all the presnap movement to confuse the offense :tup:

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks! But I must make one correction, that was their only TD drive.:icon_banana:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm not even close to giving TC props; not yet.

That said hey Ant Phillips and Merriman stepped it up today!!! :bolt: :yes: :abq2:

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'll take it.

I know this isn't his intentions, but it would be nice if some of our guys on defense added some wrinkles to their game so we aren't as easy to read. Thought they did a real nice job on the quick release passes that Culpepper thru today. Plus Merriman getting a couple od pass deflects.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I don't deny it
    and Cottrell has improved in the last two weeks, I'll concur whole heartedly

but its another thing before i give him as much love as his papa does

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Keep improving and winning games, that's all that matters. Hopefully we win enough games to be in the playoffs and are playing our best football.

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I have always loved Cottrell and support him unwaveringly. Ask leisure if I have been with him since day one if anyway does not believe or look at the post I made last week which licked his bawls!!

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Just fulfilling my duties. Thought that was the whole purpose of adopting? But I will admit, he is making my job easier with each win being as defensively dominated as it's been!

I guess you're the glass is half empty kind of personality?:lol:

13. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    There has been definite improvement on D the past few weeks and it feels like we've finally developed a solid foundation to build on. Gotta keep building though. Denver and Oakland SUCK, Indy and New England do not. If Cottrell can continue to improve his unit and work out the kinks in his playcalling then maybe we can compete come January. There was more blitzing today and the results were definetely favorable. Maybe you should keep blitzing, Teddy. :yes:

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    only because i'm still sour over his performances between in NE, GB and KC

15. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Hmmmm, that's a tough one. I'll give you KC. But hell, NE is making everyone look bad! Let's face it, you can't say Wade would have done better because his defense gave up even more points then Cottrell's. And GB.....well, that's a coin flip. Favre is a HOF QB that knows what to do and how to do it.

Hang tight, it will only get better.

16. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I'll give TC this, he did do a better job of utilizing #56 and #95, and the secondary has looked better these last two weeks, but c'mon, this is denver and oakland we're talking about here...:icon_shrug:

let's just hope they don't lose this momentum during the bye week...

17. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I give him a big thumbs up for sending the boys after Culpepper all day. A withering pass rush can make our suspect secondary into Pro-Bowlers in a hurry...