1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

VEGAS ROAD TRIP - KC GAME 12/2.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carrie1219, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I like it a lot. This is my first iPod. I have had a few others. It does a lot of things. Only negatives i cam mention is it is slippery with the chrome backing and no volume switch on the side. You have to push the home button and slide it down from the touch screen to turn it down or up...which only takes a few seconds but it would be nice if there was a volume control on the side like the iPhone. Oh and one other thing..., well besides it still doesnt have a radio in it.....it still doesnt support WMA music files but oh well.

I hear ya but for me, i didnt want one with a hard drive in it. Ive broken two of those so i wanted no moving parts and the touch uses flash memory.

Yes i did do the hack. There are a ton of things you can add to it. I still havent added the maps or weather because you have to do some extra steps and i just havent done them yet. I have done some of it but still have a little more to do to get them on there.

I really wanted a nano for the same reasons but i just couldnt pass up the wi-fi feature. I deffinetly cant take my iPod touch to my work because it will get beat up or stolen so ill still have to bring my other one ( sansa 6 GB) if i bring one to work. I like to listen to Howard Stern when i can ( i download the shows and add them on my player) but i think im going to get a Sirius Stiletto when my free year is up in my truck.

Touch choice you have to make, but make it for what you wil use it for. When i get a laptop i probably wont use the wi-fi feature much on the IPod, but its nice to have on the run.

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thanks Boltjolt! I also am leery of replacing my iPod with another video model because of the hard drive issue...although I loved that little thing. I dropped it onto carpet once (ok at the gym and it sort of flung several feet accidently lol) and a day later it totally crashed...it was under warranty and they could not fix it so they sent me a new one. I really miss it.

I think I am leaning towards the new nano...it has a video screen and I don't have to store a bunch of videos...I can watch and then delete the tv shows...

I do like the wifi ability with the iPhone and iTouch...I have my little laptop but it would be nice to have that smaller option...

Ideally I would like the iPhone and the new nano...but it's Christmas and my kids also want the new nano with video...I can't spend all that money just on myself...that iPhone is really nice though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Kim, the IPod Touch has been on my Christmas list for months. I really NEED one... :icon_mrgreen:

Talked to Thumper. He says he doesn't think he's going to make the Vegas trip... I guess it's just too soon after getting back from Europe... and he's got lots of things to do at home.

However, we have a nice sized group... Glad to see that Drunk will be able to make it to Vegas too. :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well I hope Santa is good to you ;) Enjoy the LV trip.

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Looks like I will be in Vegas for business starting December 1. Which means I will be at the party on Dec 2!

Cool timing, I'll look forward to meeting the folks at Michael's Pub and cheering for the Bolts.

Is there a consolidated post on any necessary details? What time people are going to meet. Any Saturday night events? How to best get to this place from the strip? :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    Skuzzlebutt, all the answers you seek are in this thread.

Other than the game, there's no definate plans as of yet. Trumpy and I were semi discussing a get together Sat. night. I think we're all still open for suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671
    As a note about the Iphone, I've had one for two weeks, I love this freakin thing. I have an 80GB Ipod but had had **** luck with AT&T phones so I went out and got this iphone. It does everything, I've had no problems with it and its a wonderful little ipod/youtube/video viewing device.
    But an Iphone is 8GB and if you have alot of music/movies/etc its not a plausible thing to have. Its an outstanding phone, its great for pictures and internet but its not big enough to hold too much stuff.

Regarding the Vegas trip, just take alot of pictures and talk up Bolttalk to that Charger bar ok? I want to see something good when I'm suffering and studying

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Thumper sent me plenty of Bolttalk stickers and we'll take lot's of pictures.:tup:

9. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +62
    I am now planning on making the trip, being around you guys is just toooooo damn much fun, so I am going to look for a room, Gold Coast is sold out, and the other two are pricy now, thats what I get for waiting, but I will be leaving after work, so probably wont get there til around 8 or so on sat night. See you all there

10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thanks Ant...I loved my 80 gig iPod...someone showed me their iPhone and I was impressed...I'm probably going to get a video nano for Christmas...I am still debating on the iPhone...does Apple let you use your iTunes for all these devices? I have two iPods associated with my iTunes acct...

Have fun in LV guys...I go there in a few months for an exciting medical conference...

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671
    It should, I used my iphone and my ipod on the same laptop with itunes and the software didn't even break a sweat

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Wow thanks for the speedy response! ;)

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,671
    well what else would I be doing? Studying? :no::icon_tease:

14. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thank god there was no forum when I was studying for my current career...it's so easy to get distracted from all that stuff...just by, you know...anything!

I'm lucky I'm naturally smart :icon_tease:

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,671
    like just quotes, ya know?:lol:

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I better stop responding so you can go learn about torts or something lol...I am glad those study days are over for me and I already know everything :icon_tease:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Mmmm... I love a good Torta...
    [​IMG]

18. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    damn that **** looks good.

whats the best traco shop in vegas. i heard something about a taco shop with michoacan in the name dont remember exactly.

19. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Looks like I better get my table first.

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,671
    welcome to the board

21. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Yes, welcome!

22. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks everyone. Hope to see you at Micheal's on Sunday.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ya dude welcome. Hey man we are trying to coordinate a late dinner Saturday night if possible. If not, see you Sunday. :tup::icon_toast:

24. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Micheal's Pub is the place to be in Vegas for Charger fans. I'm there every week after moving to Vegas last year.

25. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    There's a Mex. Rest. called Bonito Michoacan,or something like that, on Decatur and Twain. Great food! :tup:
    There's a Robertos in the shopping center and we have a guy with a Taco cart that cook's in front of Michael's.

26. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    You might know me,then. I sit in "The Pit" and like to yell at Phillip Rivers. :yes:

27. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Thats because you are still hung up on Flutie :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'll be there. :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  29. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Good to see that you know better than that. :icon_rofl:

30. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    The Pit?? Is that the main table by the big screen, in front of the pool table?