1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Verret

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    May have knee injury, as per Adam Schefter

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Because it's not enough that we have to deal with inept coaching and late game meltdowns, we also have to lose a star player or two to injury every week.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We have brittle players.

4. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    This organization needs to clean house. This is getting ridiculous. One can hope, the Spanos will one day sell this team to a competent owner.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Of course, he supposedly injured it originally recovering a Benjamin muffed punt.... #Chargers

6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Report: Jason Verrett worried he may have torn ligament in knee
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 5, 2016, 11:55 AM EDT
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    The Chargers have dealt with their share of season-ending injuries already this year with wide receiverKeenan Allen, running back Danny Woodheadand linebacker Manti Te’oall lost until 2017.

Allen and Woodhead both suffered torn ACLs and now another member of the team is reportedly worried that he may have a torn ligament in his knee as well. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that cornerback Jason Verrett fears that’s the case.

Verrett has not missed any time this season, but has been dealing with a knee issue for the last couple of weeks. He’s reportedly going to meet with doctors for an evaluation on Wednesday to determine whether there is a tear anywhere in the knee and if Verrett will be able to continue playing in the coming weeks.

The Chargers dealt with a slew of injuries on their way to a 4-12 record last year. Should Verrett join those other players on the shelf for any extended period of time, the chances of avoiding another dismal record will take a hit.

Share this:

7. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Do we have brittle players, or do we have bad strength and conditioning coaching? This happens every year.

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Wait....... 1-3 isn't already dismal?

Soon to be 1-4, then 1-5. Perfect in the division. :laugh:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    you have got to be ******* ******** me

someone fire the whole damn training and conditioning team

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Chargers Re-Sign CB Steve Williams; Waive NT Ryan Carrethers

The San Diego Chargers brought Steve Williams back into the fold, re-signing the cornerback on Wednesday. To make room, the team waived NT Ryan Carrethers.

Originally a fifth round draft pick (145th overall) of the Bolts in 2013, Williams appeared in 26 games with two starts for the team between 2014-15. The 5-10, 185-pound cornerback missed all of 2013 with a torn pectoral, but returned to total 26 tackles, two interceptions and seven passes defensed the next two seasons. He made the initial 53-man roster this year before being waived the following day when the Chargers claimed CB Pierre Desir. Williams spent time with the Los Angeles Rams last month, but was inactive for Weeks 2 and 3.

Williams looks to pick up where he left off at the end of last season when he had a career day in the Week 17 finale against the Denver Broncos. He accounted for turnovers on three straight possessions, including an interception, a sack, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. Williams will wear number 41.

Meanwhile, Carrethers was selected in the fifth round of the 2014 draft out of Arkansas State. The 6-1, 333-pound nose tackle appeared in 20 games with three starts, notching 41 tackles his first two seasons. He was inactive for the first four games this year.

11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I will never get Ryan Carrethers. He flashed ability at times over the last 2 seasons, then ended up in the doghouse this year and has been given no opportunities.

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Yep, I always thought he had a good motor for a big man. Not sure why things didn't work out for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ShowYourBolts

ShowYourBolts Offering free samples.

Ratings:
    +114
    I never understood it either. And the fact that they went out and got Mebane shows that it wasn't a scheme fit problem with Carrethers. Oh well, best of luck to him. I have a feeling he'll catch on somewhere and have a decent career.

14. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Whatever we need in order to lose enough games for them to realize that McCoy is a liability.

15. ShowYourBolts

ShowYourBolts Offering free samples.

Ratings:
    +114
    Blowing this thing up and landing another top draft pick just might be what this team needs. At least in the short term.

16. Adrian43

Adrian43 Bolt Up or Shut Up!

Ratings:
    +9
    Verrett dnp in practice, bosa Fully participates. Can you guys imagine how much pressure the left side will be getting with ingram and bosa?

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    You do realize that the more players are lost to injury, the more Dean can write off the lack of success to bad luck. That should be the last thing you'd want as a fan.

18. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Yeah that's probably true. I'm just so convinced at this point that we are capped by McCoy that I have a hard time getting worked up over bad news. But of course I feel terrible for Verrett.

19. Adrian43

Ratings:
    +9
    Chargers cornerback Jason Verrett has a partial ACL tear, coach Mike McCoy told reporters. More tests are coming, but he's likely played his last down in San Diego, Rapoport reported.

20. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Lol... of course the stadium issue must be folded into that report.

21. Adrian43

Ratings:
    +9
    Another tweet from ricky henne confirming verrett spoke with doctors. He will miss the rest of the season. Well there goes our top Db. Why cant it stop already ?! Its complete bs we lose a starter every week.

22. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    "Next man up," McCoy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    This likely happened on Benjamin's muffed punt against Indy. Damn. This season is a disaster.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    ACL tear, out for year

Facing the Raiders will likely be Heyward, Mager and Desir (plus Steve Williams)

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    That rush of water you hear...... that's the Chargers season going down the crapper. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    This looks bad on McCoy, again.

The report about Benjamin 'possibly' losing his punting duties came out yesterday, correct? Verrett reported soreness in his knee yesterday morning, and he reportedly cried last night, knowing his season was over.

The play that lead to Verrett's injury was Benjamin's muffed punt against the Colts 2 weeks ago. Yet, Benjamin was still the team's punt returner the following week against the Saints.

So, it takes a high profile injury to one of the defensive stars on the team for McCoy to strip away responsibilities of the player that caused that injury. Interesting.

Also, I love what the Chargers tweeted. "Jason Verrett says he will miss the rest of the season with a partially torn ACL" - What? Are you trying to force Verrett to play through an ACL tear? Then McCoy, saying if you looked at the tape, you wouldn't have believed he was injured.

This whole organization is a joke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Adrian43

Ratings:
    +9
    That scares me..

28. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Why? Season is over.

29. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I still believe we can beat the Raiders, losing Verrett means Mager is moved up to 3rd CB along with the Williams pick up. I think both can slow down Crabtree. Amari Cooper is struggling this year and well Bosa is back. If Rivers and Melvin can give us 6 TDs combined, honestly Pagano should have the boys hold the Raiders to 5tds.

Go Chargers!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2