1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Very Strange Sign.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 4, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I drove past a Rubio's tonight. Underneath the Rubio's sign was one of those lighted signs where you can make your own message.
    It read "Lobster burrito is a Girl's Best Friend."

I drove away thinking "Lobster burrito is a Girl's Best Friend... What the Hell is that suppose to mean."
    I'm thinking the message has something to do with this... if you want to impress a girl on a date by taking her to a lobster dinner, that's a cheap way to do it. As a lobster Burrito from Rubiuo's can't be more than $10.
    If that's the case, wouldn't the burrito be the guy's friend to his wallet?

Then I though "is this stupid or clever? Either way, it's affective because it kept me thinking." Though the message isn't very clear.
    Not exactly the idea of a lobster dinner either but I guess it no different than going to a super market for sushi.

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I can bet you one thing. It was a DUDE who wrote that. :yes:

I'm gonna have to do a scientific survey and see if this lobster burrito is a girl's best friend.:icon_tease:

:icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever...

[​IMG]

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. In this survey, ask the women if they would be impressed if the guy bought them a lobster burrito on a first date.

Oh... do include that it's from Rubio's.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Classic quote and movie!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :lol:

Yeah, just what my wife wants, a glorious night out at Rubio's.

BTW, speaking of sushi, you ever go to Chiba by MacGregor's B4L? Curious because my wife loves it.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly. I was thinking if Rubio's was open late at night. If it was a place you could stop by or drive through around 2-4 am, it would make sense.

No I haven't been to Chiba. Is it new? About 3 years ago, I used to live in that area so I'd go to MacGregor's pretty often but don't recall seeing Chiba. I'll have to check it out.
    If you and your wife like sushi, there's another place in that area called "Toro Sushi." It's on Mission Gorge Road between Twain and Vandever Ave. It's excellent!!

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I'm old enough to remember when Rubio's launched around the "fish taco". This was well before they become a chain.

That was one of the first places I saw when I went to SDSU back in '85. I remember my mom asking "what the hell is a fish taco?" :lol:

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I remember that too. :icon_blur:
    I remember eating fish tacos in Mexico before Rubios and FINS both started. :icon_eek:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

How is the survey coming along?

Any results yet?

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    We used to go to the La Jolla Brewing Co. (I think that is what it was called) for fish tacos. Around the same year.