1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vick to become Viking?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 29, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    With Farve unlikely to decide on a return until sometime in september, the vikings need security at QB position. RUmor had it they wanted mcnab. He will remain an eagle though but Vick wants a starting job. Rumor has it that CHildress is talking to the eagles about aquiring vick.

How do u think vick would fit as a viking? He can't possibly throw more ints than farve...

2. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Favre threw how many INT's?

less than Rivers...tied for the league low with only 7.

If Favre doesn't come back I think Vick could do well with the Vikings.....

Plus they could call him Mike Vike or Michael Vicking

• Like Like x 1
  3. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Ummm, the Vikings already have a young QB in Tarvaris Jackson with Sage Rosenfels as the backup. They should spend time training them up, especially Jackson. That would help out that franchise more than Vick could.

Going out and aquiring a new QB through FA or even drafting a rookie smells like a bad move, unless they can get someone REALLY good. If I'm the Vikings, I give a call to Kurt Warner.:tup: He's not doing much these days. :lol:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Ummm, Tavaris Jackson sucks. :lol:

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I bet the Raiders would trade for him:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

They could call him VIKE VICK.... But i'm not talking about farve's season. I'm talkin career and also when it counts!! He lost the NFC title game. Maybe longwell would have missed but farve blew it for him and the entire team!!!:yes:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Vick would make things awfully interesting in Minnesota. If he rounds into form he would be a dangerous guy back there.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    That would be terrible for d's. Every play would be wild cat with two of the fastest players in the NFL in the backfield and vick with his cannon arm.

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Where did you read this N4L?

Please put it here on Bolttalk.

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Favre’s retirement could open door for Vick to Vikings

12:05 pm January 25, 2010, by Jeff Schultz
    favretears

If Brett Favre decides to walk away again ...
    040009_SPORTS_FBN-EAGLES-CO

... Michael Vick (or Donovan McNabb) may walk in.

Brett Favre is pondering retirement again, and for all we know that pondering might extend through the winter, through the spring, past the draft, past free agency and into summer and the start of training camp.

Should he step away (again) — and there are indications he will — don’t be surprised if the name Michael Vick comes up as a possible replacement.

Let’s start with Favre. Earlier in the postseason, he told ESPN’s Ed Werder, “If you win, you go on. If you lose, you’re done, and for me, that could very well be my last game.” And just this morning, my pal Adam Schefter of the same network sent this on Twitter: “Let this be the first of hopefully very few Favre-Watch updates: Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder it was ‘highly unlikely’ he’d play again.”

I know. We can’t know because even Favre doesn’t know, and even if Favre knows something at lunch, he may change his mind at dinner. And then back again at breakfast. But let’s operate on the unsafe assumption for now that he’s retiring.

The Vikings’ quarterback depth chart reads: Favre-Tarvaris Jackson-Sage Rosenfels. Jackson is an impending free agent and, while he says that he is open to staying with the team, you have to wonder about how the franchise views him, given the way they treated him through the romancing of Favre. If Favre doesn’t come back, there is no telling what direction the team will go.

Enter Vick: Minnesota was one of the teams believed to show early interest in Vick, until the rumor finally was shot down by owner Zygi Wilf and coach Brad Childress (both of whom have truth issues). Vick had some of his best moments against the Vikings. He obviously doesn’t have Favre’s accuracy but his strong arm pairs well with receivers Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian.

ESPN already is floating Vick-to-Minnesota in its “rumors” section this morning (requires Insiders subscription). Speculation also has Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb going to the Vikings, where he would be reunited with Childress (his former quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with the Eagles).

Very few people believe Vick will be back with the Eagles. Other rumored destinations are Buffalo (needs a quarterback; owner is looking for a marketing tool), St. Louis (general manager Billy Devaney was with the Falcons and has kept in contact with Vick), Arizona (Kurt Warner may retire; Matt Leinart’s status is uncertain); Oakland (Al Davis: enough said) and Carolina (Jake Delhomme’s future is uncertain).

For what it’s worth, the Falcons play St. Louis, Arizona and Carolina next season, but not Minnesota, Buffalo or Oakland. Any thoughts on Vick in purple?

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    AP is fumble prone and Vick does not have a cannon dude. That's a terrible backfield.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    wow, two pages of a N4L thread he probably dreamed up in his sleep

Gawd I hate the off season already

:tdown:

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm still on page 1

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  15. tony320

tony320 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    If Vick joined the Vikes, the running game would be unstoppable. No way this happens, though; the Vikes have never had such luck

16. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Thats what I say. Vick didn't even train at all before this season... HE rushed for over 800 yards before. He could really put the hurt on d's and probably would become minnesotas number one rusher since AP fumbles once for at least every hundred yards!

AP=Fumble!!!!!!:icon_rofl:
    THey should start marking fumble stats as APs

17. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Vick to the Vikings would be terrible for Minesotta!

It would be a huge step backwards for them as Vick is only a shadow of his former self and is likely to stay that way.

The only place I can see Vick going to is Oakland, where I think Al Davis would be drooling over the prospect of having the fastest QB ever in his backfield haha

I wonder what it would be like to face Vick twice a year IF he did return to form with Oakland?

18. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Cuz Tavaris Jackson is so amazing himself right?

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I kept hearing Vick to the Bills on ESPN Radio last night on my way to work. Apparently Chan Gailey has a real ***** for MV.

20. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    No matter which team Vick ends up on, the only thing that will make the move interesting is if he gets a chance to be the #1 QB on a good team. There are lots of teams with horrid QBs, even worse O-lines, and terrible WRs. This gives Vick a chance at a starting job, but does he really want to quarterback a bad team? If I'm Vick, I'm only interested in going to the Vikings or the Cards.

I think there are more than a couple of good Quarterbacks in the NFL who lack the weapons and O-line to be productive. Just look at Matt Cassel, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, etc... They all look horrible, but if they had a strong O-line and good receivers, they would all be winners.

Hypothetically, let's say Matt Hasselbeck was a free agent last year and went to the Vikings instead of Brett Favre. He would put up some kick-*** numbers up there for sure, and he could be leading the Vikings to a Super Bowl win this week.

The chances of Michael Vick becoming a star again really depends on which team he signs with. If he goes to the Vikings, he'll be a star. With the Bills, he'll be a dud.

:icon_toast:

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Vick to Minnesota makes sense for the same reason Favre to Minnesota made sense last offseason: Their current crop of QBs (assuming Favre retires) are ****** so what do they have to lose?

One way or another they need to be looking at QBs in the draft, though.

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Is Norv4life actually Quacksaw?