1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vick to Philly - Eagles fans are up in arms

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 14, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    pissing off Philly fans is not a good idea... while fun to watch from afar this is a fanbase that once BOOED SANTA! they are a fiesty bunch that's for sure :lol:

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Same fans who boo'd the drafting of their best QB ever?

Yeah. Surprising. :lol:

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It's the Cheeze Whiz. That's what happens when you use that instead of provolone on your cheese steaks. All those artificial ingredients corrode the leetle Gr-r-r-r-ay Cells.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Philly fans will be pissed at any move, change or any other act involving thier iggles... They are only happy when they win on Sunday regardless of who aids in that game...

They can love and hate the same thing in Philly all at the same time... TRUE FACT!

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I revel in the fact that Philly fans get pissed every year they miss the big dance.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Same here. City of Brotherly Love my ***. :lol:

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Good. They should be pissed. Goddamn dog killing *******.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    well then that explains why my brother killed my brother, huh

10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    That he signed with a team that has an animal as it's identity.....that is just too funny........

He couldn't go to the Texans, or the Saints?

Expect to see stuffed eagles hooked up to car batteries outside the stadium each week.

I heard the Pennsylvania Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals was outraged that the Eagles didn't consult with them before signing Vick.:icon_huh: Get over yourselves.....seriously.......

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I don't know what to honestly think in this, I'm as appalled and furious at Vick as most of you are, not only for his actions but for his easy penalties. If I or anyone else on this board did what he did they'd damn near fry us on the 6pm news, and for those of us in licensed professions there's not a chance in hell we'd be able to keep our licenses. So yeah its just another example of BS celebrity justice

But on the other hand, if he has learnt and is contrite I'm not against giving someone a fresh shot

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    You sure are right, there is a celebrity justice. And I understand that a lot of Philly fans are upset.

But I listend to to words of Dungy and the CEO of the Eagles
    Nothing seems to be more in a christian way, than to get the lost sheep back to the herd or to be happy about the returning of the lost son. Most of all prisoners should be given a second chance.

... and wait - Philly didn't do this for mercy. If McNabb
    will get a serious injury, the fans will shout for Michael.
    Hopefully when this time comes, he'll already should be a role model for protecting animals.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    :popcorn:

This could be an entertaining side show in the NFL this season.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

OK Ant, I couldn’t agree with you more, BUT look how much he has paid for all of this. He still has to sit out a suspension for the League. He lost how many Millions in endorsements, and from salary. Plus he did pay back his debt to Society. And the Eagles are getting a starting caliber QB for their 3rd slot, and they are getting him for a bargain price. The Eagle's are not dumb, they did not give up anything to get him, and he could just maybe, maybe he could push McNabb for the starting position. Mike just might have all the skills. The only difference is……….

It gets very cold in Philly, and when was the last time Atlanta had snow during a game?

15. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    It's a business. Vick will sell tickets. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Vick could have walked into their stadium punting puppies and they would have found a way to rationalize it, and, then fire up the shirt printing press and start merchandising......

It's Philly for god sake! They hang their hat on shaved steak and cheese. Their fans are some of the most obnoxious, abhorrent pieces of white trash I've ever dealt with. I had to laugh while watching the Pats/Eagles game the other night. Right after Brady threw a touchdown a nit wit Pats fan stood up in his Brady jersey to taunt the crowd. As the camera was on him a very attractive young woman stood up, about 10 seats away, and you could EASILY read her lips......"Sit the F@#K down!" Isn't that just darling.....she's probably a kindergarten teacher in Philly, if I had to guess. Typical.

16. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  17. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    If you think this was done to be "more Christian", then I've got beach front property in Arizona to sell you!

Besides, Jeff Lurie is Jewish. I'm sure he is in the least bit concerned about being "Christian".