1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

View 23

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    This is my first season in my seats on the aisle in View 22, and while I love my new spot, View 23 just kills me. Game after game, they just spout the stupidest ****, and I am becoming convinced that this is the special ed section of the stadium.

Over the past few games...

1) Dude brings a sign to the game, with the typical "use the initials of whoever is showing the game" theme, hoping to get noticed by a camera. Looks like he made the sign in the parking lot before the game with a magic marker and a piece of cardboard he found. It said:

4-4?
    Not with
    Bill
    Cower

I mean, if you're going to make a sign hoping to get on TV, you might want to put a little bit of effort into it, and at least spell **** correctly.

2) Same dude gets talked to almost weekly by the security dudes, been ejected at least once for causing problems. Always drunk, always being an ***, I'm not sure why they haven't revoked his seats yet.

3) Same dude, yet again, yelling "YOU CAN'T RUN, YOU CAN'T RUN" after EVERY run, regardless of how many yards were gained before the tackle. Sounds really stupid after a 6 yard run. Sounded especially stupid the game after we gave up 296 to Adrian Peterson.

4) Different dude yells "I hope Ted Cotrell gets AIDS and dies." I mean, I am not always down with Ted's work, but that seems a bit ridiculous. After someone laughed at that one, like a three year old seeking attention, he predictably comes back with "I hope Norv gets AIDS and dies."

5) Yet another dude spent most of the day going with the "we never should have gotten rid of Brees" stuff. Bags Rivers for everything, including throwing the ball away when blitzers come in unblocked. Yelled at Rivers after an incomplete pass where LT slipped on a short timing route. Says "see, he never looks off the receiver" after a quick slant. After the TD to Gates, yells "you still suck Rivers." I understand being unhappy when he makes a bad throw or something. But when people are yelling at him over **** that isn't his fault, and refuse to give credit when he does something right, that's just stupid.

6) Group of guys yelling at Norv for running on 1st and 30 with 4:00 left in the game and leading by 18 points.

7) People b*tching at Jammer after that total bullshit P.I. call. People b*tching at Jammer when Florence gets beat.

And so much more. I honestly believe that if someone is looking for the stupidest section in the stadium, they should start in View 23.

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    That really sucks.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Mandatory IQ test for all season ticket holders next season.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sounds curiously like some posters here.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    One of my favorite songs of all time:

Metallica - My Friend of Misery

You just stood there screaming
    Fearing no one was listening to you
    They say the empty can rattles the most
    The sound of your voice must soothe you

Hearing only what you want to hear
    And knowing only what you've heard
    You, you're smothered in tragedy
    And you're out to save the world

Misery
    You insist that the weight of the world
    Should be on your shoulders
    Misery
    There's much more to life than what you see
    My friend of misery

You still stood there screaming
    No one caring about these words you tell
    My friend before your voice is gone
    One mans fun is another's hell
    These times are sent to try men's souls
    But something's wrong with all you see
    You you'll take it on all yourself
    Remember, misery loves company

Misery
    You insist that the weight of the world
    Should be on your shoulders
    Misery
    There's much more to life than what you see
    My friend of misery

You just stood there screaming

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't get it.

Weren't we 5-5 going into yesterday's game?
    There has been talk about fans wanting Cower for our next head coach. I'm assuming that he's saying we wouldn't be 4-4 if we had him?

Was he that drunk or am I missing something? :icon_shrug:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I can honestly say "I like the fans in my section!!!" :yes: :tup:

Plaza 25

8. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    This particular stupidity was during the Colts game.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ditto. I can not think of anyone in my area (View 37) who suckasss.

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    My theory is that most of the recent season ticket buyers have ended up in the end zones, so maybe that is it. My real seats are in View 34, but I picked these up off eBay prior to the season and ended up liking them better. The people in V34 are pretty cool, so I guess the trade off is that for a better view of the game, I have to listen to more idiots.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Oh.

But what's wrong with that sign?
    Was it just the lousy quality?
    Was he pushing it in people's faces?

I see that he's been a drunk, obnoxious idiot on several occasions but what particularly bothered you about the sign?

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It wasn't until yesterday that I realized I need to move my seats. I can't f'n stand these dudes anymore (it's 3 of them and they are all older guys and friends, apparently they've been there in those seats for years). They did and said ALL THE SAME THINGS for the past 3 years I've sat there, just replace the names NORV for MARTY and RIVERS for BREES.

I gotta get some seats closer to the 50 also. I'm tired of the field level end zoners standing the whole game.

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    They're only succeeded by the fans in MY section.

Plaza 26. :icon_tease:

14. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    End zone up high is great! I had never sat there until this year, and now I am a convert.

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Just that fact that it was critical, but way less than perfect itself. Seems to me if you are going to be publicly calling people out, you should at least know how to spell. That's pretty much it.

Besides, it was just an example of my original point, that View 23 seems to have more than it's fair share of idiots.

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    It was amatuer day at field 39 yesterday...2 guys in front and a guy behind me (never seen um before) were all over everyone...I don't mind that if you know what the "F" your talking about. Go and enjoy the game and don't be stupid...

TBF

17. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you. One of the dudes who regularly watches away games with us at the local sports bar is an older guy, and he just *****es about everything. I love the guy, but I hate watching games with him. I have to get up and leave the table every now and then just to stay sane. If I had seats near him during games, I'd go nuts.

I sat down there once a couple years ago (Field end zone) and I won't do it again. Standing the whole game, and you can't see crap when the ball is at the other end. Great when it's on your end, but the game I was at, every score except one field goal was at the other end.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Oh... Duh!!! :oops:

I missed where the sign read "Not with Bill Cower" as opposed to where it should have read "Not with Bill Cowher!" :eek:

Since it looked the way you said it did, he probably just heard some fans talking about the idea of Cowher coming here in the parking lot.

Too bad the sign didn't make TV. Imagine when he saw in on TV the next day when he's sober!!!! He might just check into rehab!! :lol:

19. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Wish I could find it, but once in Baseball Weekly there was a picture of a guy walking off the field toward his dugout, and there is a fan holding up a sign that says "Looser."

Classic!

20. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Oh yeah, I forgot the one where the guy was pissed because we didn't go for it on 4th and 1 at OUR OWN 30 yard line. He said "the Patriots would have gone for it."

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. I would have said "then jump on the Patsies bandwagon!!!!"

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Yes. If you're going to rant and taunt and hurl contumely upon their noggins, do it intelligently, with flowing prose. Tantric Tantrums. That way the curses will really work.

23. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I am in V14 lots of our Fans:bolt: but you get alot of the other team fans, which always SUCKS!!!

GO BOLTS!!!

24. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I had V24 last season. The guy with the Virgin Mary Stapled to his Charger Cape was classic.

25. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    B4L (emo-bunny),

Had the sign said "5-5... NBC," then it would have been different, but that dude was living 2-3 weeks in the past. Saying we're 4-4, is like telling someone you're 50, when you're only 32 years old. 5-5 is very different than 4-4... it's "so 2 games ago." On second thought, maybe the guy made the sign a few weeks back, and couldn't afford another marker to change it to the correct record, you know?

• Like Like x 1
  26. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    This is the section I usually sit/stand in. No one lets you sit during the game. I like it cuz rowdy and fun. Honestly, I cant sit during a football game unless Im at home. I guess its just preference on where and how you want to enjoy the game.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

PAY ATTENTION!!!
    :trout:

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That is one thing I kind of don't like about my section. People only stand when a big play happens but I stand in a third down situation anyway!!

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Problem is, my seats are NOT in the field section, they are in Plaza, but I'm so low in the section (row 6) that its this massive chain reaction of standing because the people in field never sit, which is ok, I get that, but then all the people in front of me start to stand because they can't see over the people in field. It's just a huge annoyance, because they sit down after s few plays, then suddenly, everyone is up again.

If I had my choice, I'd be sitting up in the view somewhere between the 30's on the Bolts side (for the shade action, I ****ing hate sitting in the sun, especially now that I'm living life like a vampire), but the wife HATES sitting in the view, she gets vertigo.