1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vikings Playoff game may be blacked out...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    14,000 seats unsold. Between this and the 50-60K Pittsburgh fans who invaded Fed Ex Field in Washinton earlier in the year for a key game for the Redskins (the Skins had to use a silent count in that home game due to the noise from opposing fans), maybe some of the out of town San Diego bashers (mostly on the U-T boards) can STFU with the crying during the season when we have trouble selling the remaining 400 or so obstructed view seats to games against the likes of the Chiefs or Texans or some other low interest game.

A midwestern city in the heart of football country with a longtime fanbase going to the playoffs for the first time in several years....and they can't get excited?

I actually like the Vikes and have several friends who are Vikes fans so I hate to use this example....but my friends..by contrast, the Q will be rocking this weekend like no other stadium. I feel sorry for the Colt fans who show up to face the same kind of abuse we gave the mule contingent on Sunday.

Don't let anyone tell you San Diego isn't a football town.
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Aug 14, 2008
    Vikings are getting sold when the climate is right. Maybe LA could use another purple and gold team.
  3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Nov 11, 2007
    what a bummer :( especially in the playoffs - i wonder, if the economy there is just that bad maybe? that's the only reason I could imagine a playoff game not selling out, especially since they didn't have trouble selling out BEFORE the playoffs...
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Minny has never been known as football country. They love their hockey and baseball.

Not to mention the economy and throw in rumors of them being sold.

They play in the weak Norris division and will probably get blown out by Philly

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2006
    I heard that a large percentage of their season ticket holders refused to buy any tickets. I think it was something like 40%.