1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Vikings prepared to make offer for Vincent Jackson."

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 15, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    No, I don't know how credible this source is. :icon_shrug:

Sources say Vikings prepared to make offer for Vincent Jackson | Fantasy Football

Sources say Vikings prepared to make offer for Vincent Jackson
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 8:47pm Share10Lee Hamilton - [Full Article]
    Sources in Minnesota say Vikings are prepared to make trade offer for Vincent Jackson if arbitrator lifts additional 3-game suspension. NFL sources say deal might be two tiered package....a pick in 2011 to rent Jackson....an additional pick in 2012 if he signs long term deal.

NFL sources say once Jackson is traded Chargers will attempt to mend fence with Marcus McNeill.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    2 2's would be nice

And I've felt all along the teams wants to sign McNiell but really can't give him long term money and not Jackson without a huge shitstorm happening

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    I am 99% sure he will win the ruling. It is in the best interest of everyone involved. We find out tomorrow at some point.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    a second rounder would be very nice for next years draft. But seeing maroney garnered only a 5th rounder kind of worrys me. But minnesota really needs a good wr. HOpe its true. PRaying for a 2nd rounder. Will be happy with a third rounder.

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Maroney and VJack are not even close to comparable players.

6. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Well, the Vikings gave the Chiefs a 1st, two 3rd's, and swapped 6th rounders for Jared Allen who had 3 DUI's.

The Chiefs GM resigned in shame not long afterwords.

VJ only has 2 DUI's, and Allen's last 2 came only 3.5 months apart and he had his suspension reduced to two games....of course he is white (OH NO! HE didn't just pull the race card did he? Oh yes he did).

Losing VJ will be a bigger fail, we won't get as much because the Vikings likely won't have a long term deal done and he will continue to the stud WR he is for several years while we struggle to fill the void we created.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Are you sure they won't sign him long term just because he's black?

8. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    No sir, I am not.

I am sure his suspension is longer for less DUI's though.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Of course it is.

It doesn't matter that we don't know all the facts because it's more fun to draw baseless conclusions.

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Still sucks that VJ is no longer going to be a Bolt. He's going to continue to be a top 5 receiver wherever he lands.

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    I hope this goes through. Cant wait for Vj to be gone not jus for trying to get too much $ but also for being a drunken idiot!!

If he turns into a Johnson or a Roddy white or anything like he has shown in the last 2 years I still wont miss/regret how it had to go down.

Sucks too he deserves to get a bigger than average raise for 3 years at less than 3 mill practialy while he developed into the receiver he thinks he is today. Not sayin VJ isnt great, but for both the seasons he was doin well the one crutch anti charger fan friends would feed me is that anyone who is 6' 6 can outjump a 5' 11 defender for a way high thrown ball. In short jump ball passing is cheating b/c the qb doesnt have to throw as accurate, the receiver doesnt have as much to worry about their defender makin a play on it and so its cheap..

I never agreed with this of course part 17 homerism and part the fact that every time any tall receiver got exposed to excessive jump ball situations the defenders would play off a little and make a solid hit after the jump to try to disrupt the catch. Not good for a lanky receiver to be gettin hit extra hard. I doubt VJ lasts long enuff to be missed as much as fans think.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    It'd be easier to be eager to see him go if WRs weren't dropping passes and slipping at the goal line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    What makes you think VJ would not have slipped or dropped passes?

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    He wouldn't have because he wouldn't have been playing.

I'm just making an observational comment, though, and nothing more.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I know but it appears to me that many fans are remembering VJ incorrectly. He dropped balls, missed passes and did all that. When he caught them it was great because he would run down and make a leaping grab. But he was not perfect, and I think Floyd and Naanee are on the same level he is.

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    *fear and loathing Quote*
    DAMN RIGHT!!

Gotta say Leo you made me chuckle with that one as if you expected every game to be a monsoon of rain no matter where the game. You wont see that many players slip and slide as you did in KC all season long. Its ok also now I understand why alot of PRs throws were to the knees of players, b/c had they fell it was a pic 6 ez. Glad it never was and we only had the 2 turnovers on fumbles.

17. markrc99

markrc99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Looks like this entire matter could be resolved, with Jackson traded, possibly by the end of today. Reading these reports it appears that the compensation will be conditional. How many games he plays and whether the Vikings re-sign him has everything to do with what the Chargers can expect in return. Makes sense and a good move for both teams.

BlazingBolt:

Your conclusion of course, is based not only on the facts of the matter at hand, but the overwhelmingly obvious circumstance that transcends football, permeates every facet of our society and has all throughtout our history. Just wanted you to know, that may be lost on some but not every reader.

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    If the terms of this trade are correct, I'm more concerned about the "long term deal" that needs to get done with VJack in order for the Chargers to get full compensation. This could be a 1yr rental thing, and then when Sidney Rice is healthy they give him his big deal, and send VJack packin.

Not sure I'd take this deal without getting the high draft pick first.

19. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    While I hate to see him go, I think it's best at this point. There's no coming back from his situation. Unfortunately that means I'll have 2 more jerseys in my collection that I can't wear...

Get what you can for him, sign McNeil, and start winning games. The Super Bowl is only 4 months away...

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Wow, you actually believe a single word that comes out of Hacksaw's mouth? That guy does nothing but blatantly lie

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    They already have a shitstorm. To say they can't sign one without signing the other is totally ridiculous. The 2 deals are totally independent of each other. If they want McNeil, then talk to the guy.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Or it might be that they are hoping that McNeil and his agents are willing to move towards the middle given the stance that has been taken, and what occured to Jackson. Trading Jackson should send a very clear message that the Chargers will not be forced into doing what they dont want to do.

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is hard to get someone to move toward the middle when you won't talk to them and hold a stance of "Sign your tender and wait till after the season to see what happens" (Paraphrased AJ Smith quote).

Until the Chargers are willing to move toward the middle, there is no way McNeil will

24. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Wrong. Not even close to his level. How many recievers have we seen go through here with VJ's talent in the last 10 years?......Zero
    I like your optimism though and I hope they prove me wrong.

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I want AJ to put the screws to the players.

Kill the deal and show he is indeed the almighty and reverent. The players do it to the teams so why not?

The players will beg to sign their low balled contracts after sitting our a year. Make these millionares suffer and work for the rights to kiss AJ's almighty tip.

That is all

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Wrong? Based on what your opinion? The fact that Rivers threw more to VJ? Fact, Floyd has a greater YAC than VJ. You like VJ, and that is great, but in my honest opinion you are putting him on a pedestal he does not belong on. Shall we agree to disagree?

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Isn't that what he is already doing?

28. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    This is great news, because with draft pics, we can easily find someone to replace him, and immediately have the same skill sets for the NFL!!! NOT!

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Seriously do you think there has been no talk? Really? So do you think that McNeil has been calling AJ every day and leaving voice messages because evil AJ wont talk? No. But this is a business. McNeil stated publicly that they were not moving. If you expect the team to do all the moving you are not thinking logically.

None of us know the extent or lack of chatter between the two camps so any of us pontificating on the subject is us spewing pure speculation.

30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I like it.

It is about time the shoe is on the other foot.

The players demand more and more and in this case it is "look mo-fo this is all I have to give you, the highest tender which you all collectively agreed was fair compensation so stick it up your ***"

I like that stance. Alot. Big time.