1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vikings waive Randy Moss! Breaking news!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JoeRockhead, Nov 1, 2010.

1. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    Vikings have released WR Randy Moss. What is going on in Minny?
    They gave up a 3rd rounder for him.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Before anyone asks. NO we will not pick him up. Norv has already been asked about Moss and stated he is happy with who they have.

Reports being tweeeted (take them for what they are worth) that Moss was found to be very devisive in the Vikings locker room....

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    JasonLaCanfora
    Texting with a few general managers in Randy Moss - several believe he ends up back with the Patriots.

that would be interesting as waivers goes worst to first, so the Pats would have the last pick.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    mortreport
    Any claiming team would be on hook for balance of Moss' $6.4 million base salary - 9 checks left to be paid or Vikings owe balance.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Marty1090
    I'll squash the Moss to SD rumors right now- just asked Norv Turner, who was surprised on his release. "We're happy with the guys we have."

6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    If he clears waivers I'm under the impression the Pats could pick him up at the League's veteran minimum....$500k.

Moss did not fly home with the team, he stayed in Massachusetts.

Too funny.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    lolz at that big steaming pile of donkey dung

8. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    This is the new trend with players and the league better figure it out. They are now looking at being waived like getting an unemployment check. No work, get payed. For the guys that save their money this could be a good strategy.

I didnt think Moss was that big of a POS that he would be waived so quickly. There is something else going on here. Time will reveal it.

9. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    The press conference yesterday sealed the deal.......pretty funny.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    they should waive brett favre and their head coach

11. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    The NFL is becoming a F'in Circus!!

NFL needs to take a firmer rein of things as players cannot be trusted

12. ynnoj

ynnoj BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    5 minutes of *** kissing. This guy is beyond selfish, I wouldn't even want him in a Charger jersey.

I honestly can't blame the Vikings here. That is totally embarrassing to their franchise.

13. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Minny did the right thing in releasing him.

The dramatics in the NFL these days is getting laughable. Guys forcing their way onto the IR, forcing their way into being released. GM's fighting guys over 1 year contracts. DRAMA!

Does anyone just want to win anymore? Sigh, Hockey is the last pure sport left. Baseball is bouncing back.

14. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37

Straight Cash, Homie.

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    VJ is watching and learning.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    JasonLaCanfora
    Spoke to someone who perused Monday's waiver wire three times - Randy Moss is on it. Was not waived by 4pm deadline

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    JasonLaCanfora
    Sorry, want to make this totally clear. Moss was NOT on Monday waiver wire. NOT. NOT. Sorry (my kids are driving me nuts right now).

18. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Moss has been a joke from day one. I wish the NFL would realize that skill alone is not enough...

19. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Is it bad that I am seriously entertained by this, LOL. What is going to happen next!@

20. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    This is where a honorable GM or owner with integrity comes into play. Moss wouldnt do this to the pats. He respects the HC and owner too much.

Not saying this makes his antics ok, in fact I think he hurts other players by being so obvious with this.

21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I do not care about the Drama, lets get Moss for our WR group. We needs as many as the Bolts can get.

22. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    any quesions??:lol:

23. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Reports: Brad Childress acted alone on Moss; has "lost the locker room"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 1, 2010 7:04 PM ET
    It's not a new phenomenon to hear that Vikings players aren't exactly enamored with their head coach Brad Childress. The events of Monday, after he told his team that he was going to release Randy Moss, may have been a tipping point for player unrest.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said on SportsCenter Monday evening that Childress has "lost the locker room."

"He really has," Mortensen said. "The players are not Childress guys right now. There's a sense there, 'does this head coach really know what he's doing?' That's the truth. You talk to people in that locker room, that's what you you're gonna get from them."

You have to wonder how strongly the front office remains "Childress guys" at this point. Childress did not tell management about his plan to cut Moss, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi. Childress has control over the 53-man roster, but this seems like a curious, if not self-destructive, time for Childress to go rogue and make a power play.

Moss curiously hasn't been officially waived yet. Still, it's hard to imagine any scenario where Moss would return, no matter how much his new Vikings teammates and some members of the organization want Moss back. Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Moss wouldn't return at this point, even if asked.

Childress and Moss can't coexist at this point. The question is whether Childress can co-exist with the rest of his players in that locker room.

Reports: Brad Childress acted alone on Moss; has "lost the locker room" | ProFootballTalk.com

24. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    NFL needs to negotiate therapy into the next CBA, instead of fining guys, they can commit them to the couch. Too many crazies.

25. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    So the guy that got ran out of Minnesota a few years ago didn't work out in Minnesota? Hmmm, who could have seen that coming?

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this smells. Is there a head coach that can cut a player?

27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Chilly can't get along with ANYBODY, and he has a voice like your run of the mill sex predator.

[​IMG]

28. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Possible landing spots for Randy Moss and Waiver Order

By Josh Moore (4for4.com)

Starting at the top, each team has a chance to claim wide receiver Randy Moss, the current order is as follows, I stopped at Miami because they are sure to claim him if no one else does (also just read Seattle has interest)

1. Buffalo Bills
    2. Dallas Cowboys
    3. Carolina Panthers
    4. San Francisco 49ers
    5. Denver Broncos
    6. Minnesota Vikings
    7. Detroit Lions
    8. Cleveland Browns
    9. Cincinnati Bengals
    10. San Diego Chargers
    11. Arizona Cardinals
    12. Washington Redskins
    13. St. Louis Rams
    14. Oakland Raiders
    15. Jacksonville Jaguars
    16. Seattle Seahawks
    17. Philadelphia Eagles
    18. Miami Dolphins

(courtesy of getsmartt, thanks!)

The teams that make the most sense to me, in order of above are:

San Diego Chargers - Chargers are currently playing without their top 4 WRs and wont have Vincent Jackson back for another 3 weeks. Rivers is still producing, but adding a guy like Moss to that lineup would really help that team. The Chargers at 3-5 are still very much alive in the AFC West.

Washington Redskins - Why not? There were rumors of Vincent Jackson to the Redskins all off season... They still have a shot at the NFC East and Snyder loves to make a splash.

St. Louis Rams - In what was supposed to be a rebuilding season, the Rams find themselves in the thick of the NFC West race, only a half game back of the Seahawks who in my opinion are not a very good team. The loss of Mark Clayton really hurt the Rams who are desperate for a legit WR. Bradford has looked great, and would really benefit from a quality target.

29. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm getting annoyed with Floyd and Naanee. Its been too damn long for a simple pulled hamstring.

30. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Brad Childress waived Moss on his own, without informing management of what he was doing. He acted ALONE. The Vikings front office did not approve this decision. Childress has control over the 53 man roster. As of 12:48 eastern time tuesday Moss is still a Vikings player. And Childress is still the HC. I say, keep Moss, fire Childress, then promote DC Leslie Frazier to HC.

Anybody wanna bet that Childress, and Wade Phillips get FIRED soon.