1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Young hurt

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 30, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Kerry Collins is in.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Strained quad, NBC says. Went into the locker room and he wasn't moving all that well either.

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Don't matter, the whole Titan team is gonna get the **** kicked out of them next week.

4. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    On a side note, it is amazine how much better the Titans look even with Collins at QB compared to when we played them early last season. They looked like they might be the worst team in the league then, and now they are on to the playoffs even with Collins needing to bring them from behind.

5. D-Funk

D-Funk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Mawae must die

6. 1904 chargers

1904 chargers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    VINCE YOUNG SUCKS THE CHARGERS ARE GONNA TAKE IT TO THEM ON SUNDAY:bolt:

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    OK here's a question for u......

What do the following QBs have in common?.

Kyle Boller, Brian Griese, Joey Harrington, Sage Rosenfels, Chad Pennington and even Eli.

Answer coming soon.............. :yes:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They all suck??? :lol:

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Close..........

Here's a clue, they suck but they don't suck as bad as another QB.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    OK you all give up?...........:icon_shrug:

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They don't have as many turnovers as PR? :icon_shrug:

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Weren't they all drafted in the first round? Were they all drafted to replace Kerry Collins? :lol:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Former cheerleaders "re-engineered" to be football players? :icon_rofl:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    What? The National Tranny League?

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7534588?MSNHPHMA

Fisher optimistic about Young's status

Associated Press

Updated: December 31, 2007, 5:42 PM EST

Tennessee quarterback Vince Young will be day to day this week after reinjuring his right quadriceps muscle. His status for Sunday's AFC wild-card game with San Diego could be in question.

"I can't really say right now if Vince is going to play this week," coach Jeff Fisher said Monday. "I have a good feeling he'll be back on the practice field, and we'll see how he goes."

Young missed a start Oct. 21 at Houston after straining his right quadriceps in Tampa on Oct. 14. He said he aggravated the muscle in the first half of Sunday night's 16-10 win at Indianapolis and tweaked it further in the third quarter.

He limped to the sideline a play later, was stretched by trainers and even went to the locker room for a few minutes. He did not return to the game, and backup Kerry Collins led the Titans to three straight field goals and the victory that clinched a playoff berth.

Fisher said Young was very excited about his play against the Colts, the win and the chance to play in a postseason game. Young was 14-of-18 for 157 yards when he left, and Fisher said Young could have returned to the game.

But Fisher said he isn't thinking of starting Collins, who was 10-of-13 for 106 yards, at San Diego.

The coach said they will evaluate Young through the week and is optimistic Young could practice. Fisher said he would give a complete injury report Wednesday and that Young was not among a few Titans having tests Monday.

Running back LenDale White, listed last week on the injury report because of a sore knee, split carries late against the Colts with Chris Henry. Chris Brown, who lost a fumble inside inside the Colts 10 in the second quarter, had his back tighten up.

Right guard Benji Olsen left the game in the second half and was replaced by Daniel Loper, while cornerback Nick Harper was replaced by Reynaldo Hill. Center Kevin Mawae missed his second straight game with a calf injury.

Young has struggled against 3-4 defenses like San Diego's. Asked if Young needed to practice to play, Fisher said he wouldn't get into hypotheticals.

"We'll just take it one day at a time. He would benefit from practice, yes. But he's also played them several weeks ago," Fisher said.

Young threw for 121 yards and was intercepted twice Dec. 9 in a 23-17 overtime loss to the Chargers in Nashville. He also was sacked once and ran only twice for 2 yards.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    OK OK........

The thing they all have in common is............ (drum roll please)

They ALL finished higher than Vince Young statistically in 2007.

Amazing eh!?, the quicker we as a team realise Vince Young is just not that good passing the ball the better. Let's go kick some Titan ***. Loads more INTs please.

Particularly looking forward to Castillo going against that country bumpkin chicken shagger Stewart (RT for Titans), the cheapshot POS. :tup:

17. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    In the theme of honesty- I can't stand the Titans. No offense, but living in Austin (the pro team here is the Longhorns)- everyone, and I MEAN EVERYONE, is a TITANS fan.

Not because they were old school Oilers fans and followed their team, but everyone is a Titans fan because:

#1) Vince Young- according to UT Longhorn fans, he is the best leader and QB that ever played. My normal response is: at Texas, maybe, in the NFL he leaves a lot to be desired.

#2) M Griffen- the best player in a secondary to ever grace the field. My response: show me. He's decent, but I've seen better.

#3) Bo Scaife- the best TE to ever play, who has a great relationship with VY, and that's why it's a great partnership.

Needless to say, when I go to bars to watch the Chargers games, there are more Titan fans than Texans fans. I don't hate the Titans, I think I hate their Longorn wanna' be fans.

I truly feel the Titans are full of Longorn-NFL scrubs, trying to be more than they really are. My prediction is that VY becomes a backup somewhere in the next 3 years. Same might go for Eli, too, but I'm not sure on him...

Go BOLTS! Beat the Longhorns (I mean Titans) :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1