1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Young Wants Chance To Play Or Out Of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Jun 1, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    "If them guys don't want me to be in there, then it's time for me to make a career change for myself because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

Source: WMAR-TV

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    COOL!!!

Lets trade for him and start buying into this WILDCAT offense fad!!!:popcorn: Everyone is doing it! :icon_tease:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I feel bad for for him.
    IMO, he's a great athlete and has A LOT of potential to be a great QB but it's going to be tough for him to be a team leader with his mental condition.
    Taking that I don't know a lot about depression (under his circumstances) but from what I understand, those people are depressed even if there is nothing to be sad about.

It's sad when you see asses like Leaf, Cutler, and anyone else who is bad for a team because they chose to be that way. Then you see someone like Young who wants to be a team leader and contribute to the team but has a condition that's limiting him.

But I'll also say... "he should keep his mouth shut and see how this season pans out."

4. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    He sucks! When are these college running Qb's gonna learn. It takes smarts to be a NFL quarterback. Your legs aren't gonna bail you out like they did in college. This NFL requires a QB to have a brain to manage the game and Poise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't.

Hard to be sympathetic towards somebody that's too immature/irresponsible to take advantage of top 99.9999% level talent. Oh well... probably his parents fault for raising him to be an immature moron.

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    He's finished in the NFL. Even if another team picks him up, he's done. I wish him well in civilian life.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Does he think someone is going to give him a big contract to QB for them. I dont see any team doing that, he hasnt shown that he can produce at this level consitently.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931

LT pwns VY

And Young, who had the job and pissed it away on a temper tantrum and failure to work hard, shouldn't be saying squat. Probably won't make it past this year with the titans

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Doesn't he have a mental condition with depression?

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Don't know, and frankly don't care. A lot of people with clinical depression go on to lead successful and fulfilling lives. Sure it's an obstacle... but I don't look for reasons to expect people to fail... I look for reasons that people ought to succeed.

If he is depressed and that affects his ability to play football he needs to consider a new treatment plan or a different career.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I couldn't resist quoting this gem from the fox sports comments.

12. Bagman

Bagman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Just another non-spelling, idiotic ******* moron.

As for VY - he should move on to gay male pole-dancing. :yes:

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I've never seen a QB flat out quit on his team like VY did. He's the closest thing to Ryan Leaf since.....Ryan Leaf.:tdown:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    At least with VY you can feel SOME sympathy because he's suffering from a disease even if its one that can be handled. Leaf has no such sympathy

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    You know what this means right? He's going to the Raidas.....:lol:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The only thing better would be for him to go to Denver...

17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I agree

Signed,

Steve Young

18. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Ha ha, Aikman and Young ran out of desperation and were great at it. These guys think that you can run by design in the NFL. No sir! The guys chasing you are faster than they were in college. You run when there is nothing left and try not to hurt yourself in the process.

19. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Agent Denies Titans QB Vince Young Wants A Trade

The agent for Titans backup quarterback Vince Young says that Young doesn’t want to be traded if he’s not the starter. Even if Young himself recently said just that. “Vince’s desire has always been to compete for the starting quarterback job in Tennessee,” agent Major Adams said. “Even before they drafted him, they asked him if he thought he could compete for the starting role, and he said yes. He has always been a starter and that is his mindset. He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend. Plus, he was in there working out [Monday]. If he didn’t have a desire to stay there, he wouldn’t be doing any of that.” Adams says that Young will be attending an event this weekend at owner Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Vince is a mental midget. He could get away with playing sandlot ball in the NCAA, but NFL players and schemes are too good for that to fly. If he can't beat out Kerry Collins in TN, where the hell does he think he's going to start?

21. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Steve Young was one of the smartest QBs in the NFL. Vince Young is the dumbest QB in the NFL, maybe the dumbest ever drafted. He has trouble leading because he is stupid.

I said it before when he was first drafted. He has the physical tools and the instinct, but that is it. He isn't mature, isn't charismatic, he can't lead. He is DUMB. So dumb that even average football plays are too much for him. They had to dumb down the offense in Texas and had to do that with the Titans too.

He can't read defenses, can't change offenses, and is laughable at his poor knowledge. Add that immature and all you have is a QB who can run.

Move him to RB or WR. I hope he has good hands. That is the position he will be good at.

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    It wasn't until Young learned how to stay in the pocket and actually play QB is when he excelled and became an elite one. Running is just an added dimension of playing solid in the pocket. Run First QB's usually don't last too long in this league with a few exceptions. Case in Point, our boy Rivers who's as slow as Molasses in January, but is the Top Rated QB in the league.

23. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No QB should be a run first QB, but it sure doesnt hurt that they can run and some have benefitted greatly from that , like Young and Randal Cunningham. I was just pretty much replying that the poster said "your legs wont bail you out like they did in college"

In a sense that is true , you cant just run like Vince Young did a lot but they can bail you out plenty by avoiding a rush or instead of a sack you gain a couple or few yards.

You know the only reason NFL teams dont run options is because they dont want the QB to take a beating while making a ton of money but they might be smart to insert a few plays like that with QB's who can run. Guys like Bobby Douglas were never going to beat you with their arm anyways. He sucked as a passer.

• Like Like x 1
  24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hear you man. I didn't pick up the sarcasm. I think I'm just tired this week.....:yawn:

25. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  26. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    ...or past NEXT year with ANY NFL club. :tup: