1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vincent Catch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Aug 29, 2009.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Deserves a thread.

That **** was CRAZYY.

Just got some love on ESPN "top plays".

I'll rep the first person that could find a video of that catch :tup:

Btw i nearly fainted when one of the commentators (fouts?) said "we are seeing the emergence of a superstar"

Go V-Jackkkkk! :abq2:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Remember the bit on The Matrix when Neo realises he's "the one" and picks the bullets out of the air?

Replace Mr Anderson with Mr Jackson and you have the premier WR in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

• Like Like x 4
  4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    VJ is the man! He is going to have a big year. :tup:

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Great catch, and his body control is at an all time high.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We are looking at a bonafied star here Boltsville...

7. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    If you've watch Vj over the past few years, you could see that he had loads of potential and all the makings of a fanstastic reciever. If he can put it all together this season, he could easily make the Pro Bowl and more importantly, help take us to the Super Bowl!

8. GBERP73

GBERP73 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    That was a randy moss like catch. VJ was sick

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    VJ is going to start getting mentioned in the same sentences as Fitz & Andre Johnson soon. :tup:

10. GBERP73

GBERP73 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    for sure he's going to the pro bowl

11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah, it was an amazing catch...jawdropping..etc..., but that shite he pulls after the catch is what worries me. It's gotten us in trouble before and I really hope it doesn't bite us again at a crucial time. The rest of our receivers just get up and get ready for the next play. VJ...you're the man...take a page out of LT's book...please.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    what's wrong with what he did after the catch? So he expressed a bit of joy about it, so what?

"Act like you've been there before" You know who says that? People who've never been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Honestly, I'm not real big on celebrations after a play, ESPECIALLY in the pre-season.

The Pats CB, Jonathan Wilhite, decided to high step into the endzone from the 30 yard line the other night when he returned an interception 99 yards.

A** - HOLE!!!

I hope someone stuffed him under the bus with the luggage for his ride to the airport. It's a meaningless game, in the meaningless pre-season, so it's meaningless!

The only thing worse than seeing one of my players do that after a good play.......is watching someone elses player do it after a good play that we were on the receiving end of.:tdown:

14. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I don't understand why so many people freak out when a player shows emotion. The guy makes a great catch/block/tackle/play etc, and gets excited! Yet a lot of fans get upset if the guy shows excitement.

Competition breeds emotion. I can't count how many times I've read here "the defense is doing crap, why get all excited about making a sack?". I think what many of you don't realize is a fired up team plays better! And maybe that one big tackle or play or whatever is what's going to get the team to play with a higher drive.

Let the guys show emotion! The only time I don't agree with it was like last year when Cro was getting completely owned by Brandon Marshall, and he makes one little play and starts jawing. Of course there's other times when I think it's really not called for, but this is one instance that stands out in my mind.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    The only time I don't like it is when it's way over the top.

VJ was hardly even close to that level.

16. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Most of you probably don't remember John Jefferson but that was a JJ like catch. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    It would be easier to act like you've been there before, if you were guaranteed that you would be there again.

18. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I was around then, and you're right! JJ used to make catches like that---made it look effortless too.

And dammit, I like to see a team fired up and celebrating when they make a big play!!:tup:

19. Joy Division

Ratings:
    +542

20. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    gotta ghet this cat extended:flag:

21. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I agree :tup: his emotion was not out of control. I would be worried if he didn't have a positive reaction to a catch like that one.

22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    That was a sweet grab, why wouldn't he react? Man these guys aren't robots.

It's not like he took out a sharpie and started signing autographs or something completely over the top. Jeez it's like you guys want this team to be lifeless and have no emotion, oh another TD Ho-Hum, who cares. :no:

23. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Here's my quam with where this thread is going. The human race isn't made to be robots, we all are not the same. People handle things differently some will go over the top, some do what VJ did and show a bit of emotion, and some are built like LT and show little at all.

Why people have issues with people showing emotion is beyond me, because put yourself in that situation and you would fall in one of those 3 catagories for sure.

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I don't have a problem with what Vincent did in that video, that's not what I'm talking about.

I wish I could find the Wilhite "high-step," though, because that was down right obnoxious and uncalled for.

25. Joy Division

Ratings:
    +542
    Yes, we are not robots...I concur. Nothing wrong with showing emotions...correct. It's all dandy...until we get flagged for it or we give the ball up... We are all humans and thaat includes the refs...it only takes a ball thrown down (because of uncontrolled emotion) the ball is not round sometimes it will take a funny bounce and hit a defender in the face or bounce off a sidejudge...you've seen it happen before... I watched that play by VJ and guess what...I showed emotion...so yes its a natural thing...but I also cringed a little inside when I see our guys do something that could draw a flag... this sport is all about emotions...

I'm ready for Oakland.

26. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Thanks BG. :tup:

It's a shame we don't play you guys.

I was looking forward to seeing Moss get shutdown by Jammer.

:icon_tease:

27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Hopefully we'll get a chance to prove/disprove that in the AFC Championship.:tup:

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I have no problem with expecting them to stay focused, but you can strut after a good play and stay focused at the same time.

29. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    That catch was ****in' sexy. Everyone in my hall was like holy ****, that guys nuts after I went crazy from that catch lol.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I touched myself.