1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vincent Jackson denies holding up CBA deal: 'I have made no demands'

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 20, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Vincent Jackson denies holding up CBA deal: 'I have made no demands' | National Football Post

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson became the latest NFL player and plaintiff in the antitrust class-action lawsuit against the league to deny that he was holding up a potential collective bargaining agreement by asking for special treatment to settle his legal claim.

Designated as the Chargers' franchise player, Jackson allegedly was asking for $10 million or to be declared a free agent.

"Preciate the support guys!" Jackson wrote on his official Twitter account. "Can't believe all u read or see in media. I have made no demands, I wanna play ball like the rest of my peers!"

What Jackson didn't say is whether his agents or NFL Players Association attorney Jeffrey Kessler was pushing for himself and other individual plaintiffs such as Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Logan Mankins to ask for perks to settle the lawsuit.

The Boston Herald reported that the NFLPA isn't recommending that the plaintiffs ask for special treatment.

Brees vehemently denied asking for special perks Tuesday night via Twitter, and Manning has denied asking for anything through his agent, Tom Condon, talking to ESPN.

Mankins apparently didn't want $10 million, but did want to be declared a free agent. He's the Patriots franchise player.

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Even if it's foolish, I believe all of them. Even Jackson.
    He already got himself screwed out of his paycheck last year. I don't think he wants to mess anything else up.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree that he may have not made any demands, but wouldn't be surprised if his agent did it on his behalf, without his knowledge, just to see if the league would bite.

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    That'd be a good way to get fired as an agent, I am sure VJ and the rest knew what they were signing off on...

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Yeah, I call BS on those players comments as well.

I'm sure they were well aware of what their agents might try to get for them. All along, Jackson has been trying to get the money he felt he was owed...... why stop now, when he had actual leverage?