1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vincent Jackson joins the Quitters Circle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Nov 17, 2011.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I believe we have more than 1 player on this club who, if not outright quitting on the team, is at least very de-moralized & letting it affect their preparation, effort, & focus.

Perhaps they're just tired of swallowing the same old **** from this front office? :sick:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    What really irritates me is that when something goes wrong that is Jackson's fault, he's never around to stand up and answer questions. 2009 playoff game, him getting arrested for driving on a suspended license and kicking a penalty flag, he was nowhere to be found. Kaeding, who I don't like but to his credit, stood front and center and answered all the questions. Whenever something goes wrong for VJ, he disappears and forces his teammates to take the arrows, and I really don't like that in a person

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    What?.... don't see it (pardon the pun). What is your theory?.

5. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    The moment I saw that play, I knew Vincent Jackson had quit.

As soon as he feels a hand on his back he locks eyes with the ref and gives up on the rout, the ball, the play.

When he didn't get the flag, he simply quit, allowed the interception and then basically let the guy run 30 yards.

You have a Vincent on the team who is willing to work. Jackson aint him.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You serious, Clarke?

OK, my theory is that Vincent Jackson quit on this play because he felt the ball was not going to be thrown to him.

I base this theory on the evidence shown in that video whereby Vincent Jackson never turns to look for the ball once he passes the 10 yard line. Then he makes hardly any effort to tackle the interceptor once he realizes the ball was actually thrown to him.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There was a shooter on the grassy knoll....:eek:

What? :cautious:

Too soon? :oops:

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    It isn't plain as day, but it does look like he quit. He doesn't make any effort to look for the ball, slows down, and only realizes there is a problem when the defenders make a play on the ball.

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Don't forget about that half assed effort at tackling the guy who intercepted the ball

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Jacksons are having a very interesting November. MJ's doctor trial, DeSean getting benched, and now VJ quitting on his team.

At least Andy Reid put the hammer down when he made an example of his Jackson. His team lost, but that was because his defense sucks.

Norv would win my vote to keep him if he showed he has some balls by benching VJ. Hell, lie to the media about why the guy can't play in Chicago. But don't get chumped by the guy who also didn't want to play for you last year.

11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    To be fair, it's easy to lose a football, when you never really turn your head around to look for it....... #imjustsaying ;)

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There will be no fairness delt out here! We are fans! We expect better! There shall be no mercy, no forgiveness... Untill they score the next TD or sign an autograph for us...

13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Gates was wide open on that play. Please hand a piece of the blame to the guy who threw the ball up for grabs.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Conc, is the green font to indicate sarcasm, nausea, or grass stain for when your comments get your hindparts run over? :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Gates had a guy like 3' from him, and the guy had turned to run down field after the ball. He wasn't 'wide open'

16. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    3' measured with your stick... (even as such... a better choice than the one he made).

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Sandolf with the Devil's Advocate approach.

Rivers threw the ball up into double coverage twice before that to a rookie who came down with it both times.

Now he sees his #1 WR (and NFL Top 5 WR) break open vs. a single Safety while the CB is trying to get back to help after spying Gates (yes, the CB was waiting for Gates to break to the sideline - but he sat down instead).

Try again Sandy!

18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    They say that if you throw the ball only three things can happen and two of them are bad. The law of averages is catching up to Rivers.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    It wasn't even a poor throw. So just stop Sandy. Seriously.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes.... All the above. I have to go to extreme lengths to let some of our more senior posters know when I am 'joking'...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    I don't know why I should. Everyone is taking turns starting threads to focus negativity. I figure our chosen one is not immune. He is playing like shyte.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good point, but some have alreay suggested benching him for Volek. I know! You can be the first to start hating on Scifi! :tup:

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You're right about that Sandy. All the more reason for VJ to not give up when he actually gets a catchable ball for a TD.

Please continue.

(the smilies suck here by the way)

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its because you abandoned us you fickle, fickle poster you!

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I know, Conc.

What also sucks is my whipping boy B4L is nowhere to be found. He's gotta be lovin' this mess. The "I told you so's" must be eating him alive as he's got nowhere to post them. :lol:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tragic... :roflmao:

27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Whatever happens... or whoever is responsible... I am going to enjoy watching football. I refuse to be depressed until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The off season is way too long to start anticipating next year when we are just a game back off the division lead.

Quitter's Circle is an apropos thread header. Lots of posters have quit in their minds as well.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I refuse to be depressed as long my Hokies keep winning.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Is that a red turkey?

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    A red ***-kicking turkey. :tup: