1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Visitors Bills-Bolts gameday info

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by y2craig, Dec 1, 2006.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I admit it, I dropped the ball on a recent PM regarding the stadium and so forth. Unless it hits me in the face I normally don't see them.

Just a heads up for those who are leaving for Buffalo soon or can get to Bolttalk.com in the next day or so whilst in Buffalo.

* If you are at the airport you are better off renting a car to the stadium - a taxi ride will cost too much do to traffic on that thruway section.

FROM BUFFALO AIRPORT
    Head straight out of airport and proceed through light toward Route 33 West, which will lead you to the New York State Thruway (Route 90). Take 90 West to Exit 55 (Route 219). Exit 219 on Milestrip Road West Exit. Be prepared to stop at the end of the ramp. Counting the signal at the end of the Milestrip ramp, go to the 3rd signal and make a left turn onto Abbott Road to the Stadium.

* the stadium opens at 11:30am. Warmups should be soon or about that time.

http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/index.jsp

* seats are not heated unless they are in the luxury seat areas. You may need to buy a seat cushion or a fleece blanket.

* It will be very cold Sunday and the wind will put a bite into you. Cut back on the alcohol if you can. Besides, it costs an arm and leg anyhow.

* parking is $15/car

* end zone seats have the obnoxious fans. 50 yard line seats on both upper and lower sections have very good to decent enough fans. Most respect other teams fans ... except for perhaps Miami sometimes. :yes:

* one of the better places for chicken wings is Duff's on the corner of Sheridan Drive and Millersport or in Orchard Park. Any pizzeria makes decent wings as long as they are hot.

I hope this is not too late for any info for anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :tup:

Good lookin' out.

3. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    thanks for the info a y2kcraig yep hope the misses and my flight gets out on time it gets in 1040 so we would like to be there for pre game warm ups i have to remember my sharpie for some sigs i bleed blue and gold

4. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    * Usually car parks at Lot 1 & 2 fill up the fastest. It'll be an automotive mess. You may find people who will allow you to park on their property for a fee. For traffic reports in the area, listen to 97 Rock, 96.8FM for pregame shows and comments.

* If you get the stadium early enough they hold their show at the field house for the gameday experience.

* Another thing to consider are those handwarmers pouches that last for 3 or 4 hours. They may sell those at the stadium.

!! If you are frozen solid after the game and fly out on Monday then spend about 15-30 minutes in a tub filled with warm water.

Enjoy the game. My prediction: 41-9 Bolts, LT 185 rushing yards, 2 TDs.