1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

VJ catches Mangina syndrome

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Nov 28, 2010.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I hope the NFL figures out this latest ploy of potential free agents that get butt hurt about their contract.

FU VJ

I'll take my chances if I ever see you

:mad:

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I had a bad feeling this would happen, I had just hoped I was wrong.

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Fortunately, it would appear that we don't need him to win....and I'm sure he is making a great impression on GM's everywhere! They should make him walk home from Indy.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I still have a very hard time believing he's really faking it. If he is, he'll never get another contract in the NFL again. I just don't believe HE is that stupid.

5. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    don't need him to win...yes but this is a lame *** stand from this jackhole bad enough we had to deal with this crap from merriman now jackson!? they should automatically do the same temp IR thing to him and cut his lame *** NOW! ...even had the f'n nerve to use the "calf" injury same as merri.....punk manuever!

6. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Merriman skated away with something like 3.2 mill...right? for the remainder of his contract and only had to PRACTICE for 20 minutes for that! Already has enough for a retirement from the NFL and will probably get signed somewhere next season even if it's for not BIGTIME $ Jackson doesn't have to be that stupid just have a slick agent

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    If true that really puts him back as getting contract goes.

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    VJ is playing AJ...that is all this is. What a jerk. I do not believe he has a calf injury after playing just a few plays. What was he doing in his off weeks...drinking beer and flipping off the Chargers? How could a professional athlete not be in condition to play...wow he played us for fools.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Jackoffson should be suspended by the league for disciplinary action for failure to live up to his contract.

10. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Not me, the look on his face during warmups said it all, guy was miserable and did NOT want to be there. Just like Merriman didn't want to be here, or certainly in Buffalo.

But both these self centered dips will pay dearly on their next low rent contracts. They'll get theirs, believe me.

I'll be surprised if the team isn't forced to IR his butt.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and I said we should have put his butt on the inactive list to begin with.

12. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    VJ = turd= future raider

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Thanks for observing his demenor before the game. Got to think he's up to something. It worked for merriman he's probably thinking it will work for him.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I wonder if he suits up for the Raider game if the boo birds dont come out in force?

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    VJ is facing his BIGGEST payday in his next contract.

Would any of you risk it all this year playing for relative peanuts ?

Think about it.

McNeill is playing his as.s. off because he got his jack. He has certain guarantees to motivate his fatas.s. to deliver the goods.

However, VJ is guaranteed nothing in the prorated monies he is getting this year. If VJ has a career ending injury, the dream is over.

I know it is easier to just call out VJ and his agents but come on people - think about this one.

Would you sacrifice it all ? We are talking a next contract in the $40 million range and VJ is getting paid whatever this year.

Think hard man.

I would not do it. F-my team mates. I would not do it. To me that is the smartest business decision taking out all emotion.

Loyalty is only as thick or thin as ones wallet.

That is harsh but think about it. Put yourself in VJ place.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Further, if VJ did get a season ending injury if he played this year, I suspect most of you would call him a F'n idiot.

Ask yourself if you would call VJ an IDIOT for playing for peanuts and getting a season ending injury.

Be honest.

I bet 99% of this forum would stop and say "yeah the dude was an idiot" however, most want him to play.

See the conundrum ?

17. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Of course he will. He'll have a huge contract from another team next year. There is no question about it, unless he REALLY gets hurt, which is why he's pretending to be hurt.

The teams interested in him now are likely applauding this move as in protects what they see as their future asset.

18. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

I can't fault your logic, and I said WAY back the best the Chargers could do is trade him for what they can get. But AJ had to be AJ. Now we'll get MAYBE a 3rd comp for him, and I believe that assumes those provisions make it into a new CBA. Did we not have offers to recoup our 2nd for the guy? Thought we did, reportedly.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I hope most of you are posting just false bravado.

Injuries, especially to the legs, and ankles are common place after prolong hold outs. That is because they have not been through camp and prateses, taking hits and stregthening the lower extemities in the manner that actual practice time provides. Look at the hold outs for the last 5 seasons and you will see it is a plain and simple fact.

I am not a big fan of VJ's character, I have been critical of his hold out, but there is no chance that he is faking an injury to stay off the field. He has to be on the field to showcase his abilities for other teams. If he wants big money he has to put up some big numbers while he can. That simple fact negates the fan-drama hypothesis of him faking an injury to avoid playing.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm done with him. He'll be out of the league in 3 years anyways. You know he'll get hit with another dui or worse.

he's a nothing more than a distraction, we should cut him.

22. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    If that is the case, he should have just stayed out. If he signed the tender with no intention of ever playing, he is just stealing money from the Chargers.

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Here's a question I pose to all the VJ supporters: Would you have paid VJ $50 Million over 5 years, 30 Million guaranteed at the beginning of the season knowing his track record? Is he worth that amount of money? I think AJ could have been more flexible with these negotiations but put yourself in AJ's place. Would YOU have paid him that kind of money and is he worth it? I say no and I totally support AJ in how he handled it. Don't let the inmates run the asylum!

24. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would agree with you except he did have time to prepare. He's been practicing for weeks. an he lasted one play? and it didn't even involve contact?

I'm skeptical

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I'd like to see how it plays out. If VJ boycotts the playoffs, my thought changes to tagging and trading otherwise, F-Tag VJ next year.

As it stands now, I do not expect VJ to play until the playoffs.

VJ boycotting the playoffs would just about short circuit my fan switchboard.

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    PLAYOFFS!!!???

We needed him last night!!

27. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Awful lot of assumptions there

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Would YOU risk your future ?

C'mon man.

VJ signed his tender.

The Chargers can now offer an incentive laden contract to punish or praise. If the Bolts do that I bet VJ miraculously heals like yesterday.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If he doesnt play he has no big future pay check. He has to show the league that he is consistent to get the money he wants. Your bravado is just that...

30. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's what I'm saying!