1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

VJ plans to sign his franchise tag at 3:01 on Friday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 26, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to Kevin Acee. said "Vincent Jackson on plane back from honeymoon. But he is expected to sign franchise tender at 3:01 p.m. Friday." "That, by the way, is one minute after he is allowed to sign." Via Twitter

2. Shu303

Shu303 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    This is great news........

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I still don't understand why we can't work out a 3 or 4 year deal with this guy.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    then get his butt into camp, and lets see if AJ signs him to a long term deal, which would help us out in the long run.

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    He will do the one year then run.

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Might be the fact that he wants Marshall money. ;)

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They may work on one once he signs, but both sides have poisoned the well last year, it will take a lot of reconciliation to get a LT deal done IMHO.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    VJ has indicated he wants to stick around. Teams have to spend almost 90% of their cap room with the new agreement this year(if I remember right), so next season I have to wonder what team is going to have enough of a bundle of money to spend that much on guys like VJ. We have an enormous amount of cap room. It would appear we have enough to sigh him, Weddle, Malcom, Clarey and Burnett, especially since we can borrow from future caps. We really need to sign VJ and all the above. I don't know anyone else out there with his ability and his durability, except maybe Rice. Nice to finally have something to talk about besides people throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    We will give Jeromy Clary $20 million though over 4 years? Nothing against Clary hard worker and all but not worth $5 million per.

I would have spent that money on sweetning the pot for VJ to stay. But his off the field issues and hold out have costed AJ his patience.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Clary gets $8.5 million the first year, so it's only $3.8 million a year after that...... a manageable amount.

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    A little tidbit from today.......