1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Von Miller Pulls a "Brandon Taylor" (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by The LBC, Dec 23, 2013.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Yowzah! I know I joke about it plenty, but I never wish long-term injuries on any player (even if they are Donkeys, Rat-turds, and Quiefs), but this has implications spanning longer than this season or playoffs. With the injury occurring this late in the season, as we've seen with RG3, Peterson, and our own Brandon Taylor, it's going to be a battle for Von to rehab quick enough after surgery to make it back for Week 1 of next season - and even then he'll likely be coming in on little to no training camp. Donko's have already placed him on IR.

Guess they're just hedging their bets so they have a scapegoat when PeyPey and their team of one-year ring-hunter contracts fail to deliver the Lombardi this year.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776
    Weak.

- Denario Alexander.

3. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    Wishing the best for Von Miller.

Can't wait to see the Donkeys choke.

4. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    I don't know. I was listening to Dr. Klapper on the Weekend Warrior basically say something along the lines of they're actually finding new and better ways to repair the ACL (I don't remember the exact way he described the procedure) and the younger they are, the easier to comeback from. I know the Adrian Peterson effect has clouded the average fan's expectations but even Melvin Ingram seems to have comeback pretty quick and doesn't look too bad so far.

I think Von will be fine by preseason.

5. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Von is a helluva player, no doubt about it. But I'm not at all sure that he has the work ethic or the genetics to pull off what AP & Melvin did re:rehab & healing. Look back at what past coaches at all levels have had to say about Melvin. He's a tremendous athlete - period.

I wish Von well - but he is a Bronco so I won't be unhappy if his recovery takes awhile.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    Hope he's fine but hope he doesn't play against us anytime soon

Not that King Dunlap wasn't able to handle him :)