1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

vrables leg whip on rivers wiht no penalty. geez.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Jan 23, 2008.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    check out this video of vrable leg whipping Rivers with no ref call. This was also the play he threw the game changing interception. I hope the head of the nfl reffing has this as his showcase non penalty of the week. Cause it should be.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3bplFfY75co

2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I was screaming at the TV when that happened. That was NOT an accident. He tried to trip him as he went by.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    and the commentators loved it

I didn't remember their being a leg kick but it looks like vrabel's trying to take out the second baseman to break up a double play

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Hard to figure the refs could have missed this leg whip. Looks kind of obvious to me. Let me remember. Your not supposed to tackle with a leg whip right. And your especially not supposed to leg whip a passing qb. Hmmmm. Maybe the refs were on thier coffee break. Probably a two for one donut special someplace.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I knew we were playing the refs as well as the Patsies.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Like needed MORE of a reason to HATE the Patriots!!!!! Man, I'm pissed now!!! First Seymour Butts and now Vraballs? Damn, Bellicheater and this Cheating Mother Flockers! F'ing HATE them even MORE now!! :icon_evil:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is hideous.

The belly bump as well.

A.J. needs to load us up because now we are playing against the world. :yes:

Good vid. :tup:

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    How in the hell did the Referee not see this, it's his ****ing job.

Referee job description:

Officials' Jurisdictions, Positions, and Duties

Referee - General oversight and control of game. Gives signals for all fouls and is final authority for rule interpretations. Takes a position in backfield 10 to 12 yards behind line of scrimmage, favors right side (if quarterback is right-handed passer). Determines legality of snap, observes deep back(s) for legal motion...

...On pass plays, drops back as quarterback begins to fade back, picks up legality of blocks by near linemen. Changes to complete concentration on quarterback as defenders approach. Primarily responsible to rule on possible roughing action on passer and if ball becomes loose, rules whether ball is free on a fumble or dead on an incomplete pass.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We knew this kind of stuff would happen and I thought the refs did better than they did in Indy. They beat us so IMO complaining about this stuff doesn't do much good at this point. We needed all our warriors out on the field that day and it didn't happen although there were some incredible efforts by several on our team.

10. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Americas team gone ******* = NE Patriots

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Nobodys complaining. The video just points out some facts that were over looked by the wonderful refs. Take it for what it is.

Personally I didn't realize it was so blatant. And at such a critical time in the game it made a big change in the game.

12. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    It just gives us more motivation to kill them next time.. It was easy for the pats to win because its not that hard to beat cripples. Pats and refs love each other it seems.

13. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Yea I didn't notice the leg kick during the game. And it definitely looks like a baseball play.

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Let me say it again:

Jeff fukkin' Triplette

[​IMG]

No calls are just as damaging as bad calls and he's the worst

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm not complaining about it because we lost. I'm complaining about it because it was a cheap shot, and there's an official who does nothing but watch for cheap shots on the quarterback. It was a horrible non-call. I saw it on the replay and I was yelling at my TV screen. It was a cheap shot. Plain and simple. Shame on the ref for swallowing his whistle.

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Yeah, I replayed that countless times when I re-watched the game since I DVR'd it. Inexcusable that a referee could not see that for what it was, an illegal and dirty play. Not only did it contribute to the interception but Vrabel was doing that to an already injured and fragile QB.
    Remember all those flimsy hands to the head calls the refs always make because their eyes are so focused on the QB? How on earth could they miss that leg whip. I'm surprised that the Chargers players themselves haven't brought it up. I hope they're emotionally loading up for next year. Don't the Puktriots come to the Q next year?:icon_evil:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good vidoe.

Merriman does that and it is 15 yards with a possible ejection.

18. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I remember wondering why the hell that wasn't called when they showed the replay during the game. When I originally saw the play I thought that he dove and hit Philips' legs (which I thought was illegal this year as well) but could clearly see in the replay that he leg whipped him. I guess the ref was too busy checking out the hot NE cheerleaders.:icon_huh: