1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vykes In Bolts??? Peterson Views SD As A Possibility

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sources: Amid Open Dialogue With Vikes, Adrian Peterson Would Consider Deal Restructuring To Facilitate Trade

While Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson continues to have an open dialogue with the franchise about his future, he has pondered potential trade destinations and would consider a contract restructure if a deal becomes necessary, sources have told Yahoo Sports.

Peterson's father, Nelson, said the running back hasn't requested a trade, nor refused to return to Minnesota. But Nelson Peterson said any steps taken by his son in the coming weeks and months will be "business decisions" based on what is best for Peterson's future.

Another source inside Peterson's circle told Yahoo Sports the running back has entertained returning to the Vikings, but has also considered potential trade destinations. Under the latter scenario, Peterson would also consider restructuring his contract to make a trade work.

View photo

[​IMG]
    Adrian Peterson hasn't closed the door on returning to Minnesota. (AP)

"All the options are open," Nelson Peterson said of those scenarios. "There's no doors closed on anything at this time. … Adrian will come back from this with a vengeance. He plays hard anyway, but he's got an extra chip on his shoulder. He will bounce back from this."

Peterson is currently on the commissioner's exempt list and hasn't been officially reinstated by the NFL. Last week, a federal judge overturned an arbitrator's ruling that upheld Peterson's suspension from the league, a ban that was scheduled to last until at least April 15. Peterson was suspended for violating the league's conduct policy after pleading no contest to hitting his 4-year-old son with a switch. The NFL is appealing the federal judge's ruling.

While the Dallas Cowboys have been reported to be a Peterson favorite destination, the running back prefers five teams: the Arizona Cardinals, the Indianapolis Colts, the Cowboys, the San Diego Chargers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. That said, even if Peterson requested a trade, the Vikings could refuse and simply pay him the $12.75 million in base salary he's due in the 2015 season.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    So basically every team with a vacancy is a candidate? :roflmao:

Obvious ploy is obvious.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Pass, I'd much rather them use a 1st on Gordon or Gurley than use what it would take to acquire a 29 year old RB

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If it happened, it would be for purpose of selling tickets IMHO.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    With all the LA distractions turning fans off I can see them pushing it for that very reason.

They gotta keep pace with the Padres in offseason splashes, too

6. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    No....no.....and nope........don't need the media circus.

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I would love to have AP. I really believe if he plays next year you can easily project 1400+ yds and 12 tds. The problem is gonna be his contract negotitation and age. You could get Gurley or Gordon for have his price although without any experince.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    What media circus? He had an incident that's pretty much resolved now.

It's not like he's Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson who constantly finds himself in that kind of limelight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    I dont think it would take as much as you think to get AP. It probably aint happening but that would be a serious game changer. But if we spend our first round pick on a running back again this year ill kill myself. RB was NOT the problem with our running game last year it was our offensive line.

10. san-man

san-man BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I second the motion !!!!!!!

11. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    To be honest, I'd only pursue him if he was released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. blueandyellow

blueandyellow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I can get on board trading for AP if he restructures to around 8 million year.

Draft
    1. NT
    2. Trade 4th to move up to grab OL
    3. WR

also adding two more guys for 3-4 million a piece after dropping Brown. But I can also get on board drafting a RB in the first two if we don't pick up AP, but AP would give us that win now motivation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Gurley has just as many torn ACLs though.:tup:

Not joking, I think there is serious danger there. I don't think you can justify letting Mathews walk based on his injury history, just to replace him with Gurley.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I know it sucks that his last game probably took him off our board. We were at Gordon's pro day and I'm hoping he goes ahead of us at seventeen as bpa is most likely oline and maybe we hit Gold and Gurley plummets to #48 and he becomes like k.allen situation for us.