1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wake up, fans. This is still the SAN DIEGO Chargers.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 3, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Why are so many fans that I thought were hardcore, die with the team to the end fans giving up on the SAN DIEGO Chargers so quickly?

We have Trumpet Man not going to games for two years now and talking as though they're already in LA.

We have Turbo Turtle already sporting a Patriots avatar.

Everyone's running around talking like they're already in LA.

I don't know, it seems to me that if you're as "diehard" as many in here claim to be you'll stick with the SAN DIEGO Chargers until they are no longer the SAN DIEGO Chargers. :icon_shrug:

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I think there are a lot of bored people out there...

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    pretty much this

:helm1:

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    totally agree, and IF/WHEN they are no longer the San Diego Chargers I'll become a Cheese Head. I'm in the Great Lakes anyways, the Lions are a joke, I hate Chicago and Minny's sports. And I can go to Lam beau Field every once in awhile.

ps, but wifey does want to retire in Point Loma, what to do...

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I have my tickets to the game in hand, and I have paid for my playoff tickets, what else am I supposed to do?

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    its not cold and freezing in Point Loma

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You're not one of the ones I'm questioning here.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am rooting my rear off at home because this is pretty much our last chance as San Diegans to win it all.

This is it. I know it in every bone in my body.

I suspected the team was going to bail and I am not the only one who decided to root from the couch instead of the stadium saving thousands in the process. I tip my hat to the fans who will pay full boat to the end. I know I would hate myself paying full boat because the team was going to be disloyal to me.

Why be loyal to a spouse who says on this annual date she is going to leave you ?

I'd rather she would just go instead of the threat of leaving.

However, if you have a chance to have mind bending sex before she splits, then game on.

That is the way I see the rest of this season - a grudge fck and hopefully a Lombardi.

I am rooting my azz off for this to happen.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    None of that negates the fact that you gave up on the San Diego Chargers so early.

If you have sound reasoning for it, then whatever. I'm not even arguing that. But just don't call yourself loyal and diehard when you haven't been loyal to them and you're dying fairly easily. (all it took were rumors and discussions to make you give up on them two years early)

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    In the mean time, some serious Chargers gear is about to get torched. This has to be on gameday done at the Murph with the media present. It is going to get ugly. Thousands of fans are going to want to take down the Murph for free they will be so mad.

Armageddeon is near.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    And comparing it to marriage doesn't work.

The Chargers can negotiate with other cities to weigh their options but may still stick in San Diego when all is said and done, and if that happened all would be forgiven.

If your wife starts "negotiating" with other possible partners the marriage is done.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If you do that before anything's official and the LA deal falls through and they wind up staying in San Diego you're going to look mighty foolish.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Since when does the criteria of stop buying season tickets for the last two year out of decades and continuing to watch and post about the team constitutes GIVING UP ?

This is exactly the stuff Raider fans will enjoy reading.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It's not the mere fact that you quit going so much as your reasoning for not going. You already have it in your mind that they're in LA so you don't want to go.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Give me just a lil credit on the timing of starting the bonfire.

The moment the new owner is announced (appears to be by the end of this year for taxes etc) and if there are games to be played which I believe we have a game on Jan 2 (did not look at schedule) = bonfire.

I think I can safely assume Anschutz or the other LA entity will not want to pursue big bucks in tiny San Diego.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Nah, I honestly don't blame you for jumping the gun on the bonfire if that sale becomes official since you want to get it during a game with the media involved.

I'm just pointing out the risk you're taking.

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You are about to get married.

If you suspected your wife was going to leave you for greener pastures, would you just sit there and take it ?

It is easy for you because you are not here. Your wife is a penpal wife you see on conjugal visits.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Again, that analogy doesn't work.

If something unexpected happens and the Chargers stay in San Diego with a new stadium you're going to start attending games again, right?

In fact, you're already on record as saying you'd dive back in if they came back after a 10 year hiatus in LA.

Something tells me that if your wife starts searching for "greener pastures" and dumps you for another man but then comes running back 10 years later you're not going to be so eager to re-marry her.

So, yeah, the analogy is flawed.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Take some course in logic. Not circular logic.

Your wife just said she is for sale.

She did not say "IF"

This is much like a marriage except for the sex. There is loyalty involved. We as fans pay out of our pockets for them to stay because we love this team. The only difference is I keep my clothes on.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The analogy is not flawed. Your attempts to use circular logic is exact.

Again, this team to you is a penpal which is sexed on conjugal visits to the stadium.

The venue for you makes little difference until they leave the state.

Unless you are a local who has rooted for this team since day one or thereabouts, how can you judge how we as long time local fans are to react with the team leaving?

I find it odd that somehow the rationale of not spending thousands to attend versus staying at home and rooting constitues giving up. That is theatre drama for the obtuse.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    so, if your wife leaves you then comes back ten years later you'll renew the marriage right away like nothing happened?

Unless you can honestly answer yes to that question your analogy doesn't work.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If I loved her and she came back - yeah why not ? I am not sure why I would say "no" unless the damage was so extensive there could not be a chance for happiness. I have been divorced so I can speak from experience. Wifey been married 3 times so that makes us pros I guess ?

23. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Chargers 4 Life

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Even if San Diego started a new team, I would support it.

So if the new wife has a heartbeat, I will love her.

25. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Root, Root for the HOME team. All i'm gonna say about this.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Los Angeles is not home.

San Diego is home.

Los Angeles will be new home for the fans who have not lived here all their lives or thereabouts.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    but what if your wife spent the last two years of you marriage "negotiating" with other men and then left you for a guy you've hated your whole life? Would that not equate to extensive damage?

but let me flip the question. You just said that damage can be bad enough that you wouldn't take her back, yet you already told me you'd go back to the Chargers without asking questions. Is there any circumstance that would prevent you from liking the Chargers upon a return to San Diego?

28. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm curious.....How many "diehards" have either not gone to games or been as dedicated to football this year, purely for financial reasons?

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I think that wife (the Chargers) would have to go on a trash talking campaign about our fans. If that happened for a decade, my thoughts would probably change. Let's say Anschutz becomes a Mark Cuban and says San Diego is that dirty little town filled with mexicans and low lifes and drug lords ... I think I would want a new team with a new name for San Diego. That would be extensive damage. The move alone would not kill a future love affair.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I would say about 10%....maybe 15%. Season ticket sales took a hit ...not sure how much.

I wonder how many fans just got tired like myself not wanting to pay full boat knowing or strongly suspecting this team was as good as gone. I know several long time season ticket holders who have recently done this.