1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Walsh: Moss' skills were 'diminishing' on Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, May 16, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2871527 :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Walsh's offensive scheme might be too antiquated to work in today's NFL, but he has still been around plenty of great offensive players in his coaching career. I think the guy's opinion has merit. Since getting injured against the Bolts in '05, Randy has looked old and slow. I think time has caught up to him.

4. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I dunno, did walsh phone this interview in from his bed and breakfast?:icon_shrug:

Don't count on Moss having the same kind of season with Brady that he did with Brooks...:no:

Randy is a guy who will get away with as much as the coaches let him, yathink bellychick is gonna let him lay out of wed. and thurs. practices?:no:

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I heard the report of Walsh saying that during some games he would count at least 14 "busted" routes by moss. This out of about 20something plays. One specific incident he recalled was when the play called for Moss to run across the middle through the dirt infield at the Coliseum. He didn't do it. He came back to the sideline and Blitnikoff asked him "what was that?" and Randy replied: "I didn't feel like running through that hard dirt" or something to that effect. :lol:

Let's face it. Dude is going to be as good or as bad as he wants to be. But I wonder if his health will keep up. It's been a while since he got Jacked up... so let's see how responds when he gets to wood put to him. Although, the Pats probably won't ask him to do anything other than run deep and let Brady throw it up for grabs. That's why they got Welker... to run across the middle and make the "tough catches".

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't agree. I think there was a time when Moss' physical ability would enable him to be as good as he wanted. But I think those physical skills have eroded somewhat. And he hasn't developed the fundamentals that an aging player needs to continue to perform.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Will he catch more than 12 TDs this year??

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The first time he gets his wienie wacked by Jammer or Cromartie he'll do nothing but try to separate whether it means leaving his routes or not. The only time he'll go over the middle is on deeper posts and if he hears footsteps, or Cromartie gets in his ear, he'll short arm the ball. He will not arrive at camp in shape, is too old to play himself into shape even if he had such an effort in mind to begin with. Moss simply lacks the will to do what is needed to keep any edge whatsoever. It's possible Moss gets cut, and if he makes the roster, unlikely he will finish the season.

It's too cloudy to be sure whether the sun is over the yard arm or not, but i'm taking no chances. :icon_toast:

9. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    8 for sure... its the pats offense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Isn't the Pats offense known for spreading it around to everybody?

(Even LB's?)

I guess I am not trying to argue whether he will be effective or not. Just saying that even if he is really effective, he might not get that many TD passes.

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'll be surprised if Randy has more than 4 TDs. He's not the player he once was.

12. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Diminishing skills or not, does anyone really believe this guy isn't still a dope-smoking head case? I wish him good luck, but I'm glad he is far away from here.

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    and this is who the Patriots have got..all i have to say is..................:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: