1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Walterfootball.com on Chargers' picks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by msmith, May 1, 2011.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Of course it is an opinion. Walterfootball.com has interesting remarks on some of the picks, especially Mouton.

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Love it. 'Millen on roofies'. ROFL.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Maybe we need a Millen draft grading system - Millen on Wheates at the top and Millen on Roofies at the bottom :lol:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
  5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Yeah... I don't put much stock in WalterFootball. Less than a year ago they had all variety of guys that were either taken strictly in the 6th round or after... or went undrafted, ranked as Day 1 or early Day 2 prospects. They tend to rank their players entirely off of most recent season stats and if you look at their 2012 Mock Draft right now - odds are you won't see 1/3 of those names they list as 1st and 2nd rounders called until Day 3 if at all next year.

Every other site I've come across continues to rank us at a low B at worst.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Once I read this line, I stopped:"Marcus Gilchrist is a Mike Mayock favorite, but where does he fit in? His natural position is safety, but the Chargers don't have a need for that." Uhhhh, what team are they looking at? Weddle is a free agent and Sanders can't stay on the field. So to say we don't need a safety is ridiculous

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yup...

8. Honey Badger

Honey Badger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    WalterFootball is ****. But I'll eat it!

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Walter's also tried to make a name for itself by contradicting the analysts that actually hit pretty regularly on prospects. Their writers go after Mayock and the guys at NFLDraftBible pretty regularly; ironically enough 99 of NFLDB's Top 100 players were selected. I realize that doesn't sound all that impressive, but when you look at the actual statistics for the network draftnik's like Kiper and McShay, they're lucky to go about 70-80% on their Top 100 in a good year as they always have guys they're hyping up that go undrafted. 99% efficiency is something to commend.

BTW, you also forgot to mention that Paul Oliver is a free agent, Steve Gregory is in the final year of his contract, and Darrell Stuckey couldn't either play his way onto the gameday active roster but what... once last season? And that was only after we'd been decimated by injuries.

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Who's Walter? ;)

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You know... Walter Dotcom...

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    While I realize this was a somewhat rhetorical question... I'll humor you for the sake of humor.

Walter Cherepinski is a self-proclaimed Draft Guru. Apparently all you need to justify that claim nowadays is the purchase of your own server, a snazzy site name, and to semi-regularly (by that I mean once every 3-4 months) update your content using stats to prognosticate from. I should try this. I could probably be considered of equal "Guru" status as Cherepinski within the span of 3 years with the right exposure. Who wants to be my sugar daddy and bankroll me? :D

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Mel Kiper liked our draft too...2011 NFL draft: Grades were better this year in Mel Kiper's draft grades, with Detroit and Cincinnati taking honors - ESPN

San Diego Chargers
    Top needs: WR, DE, S, OT

Summary: San Diego had a really quietly effective three days. Liuget is a player that provides immediate help on a depleted defensive line, Gilchrist and Wright both can get on the field for the Chargers at corner, and I think Todman could be a steal down in the sixth round. Mouton may have been a bit of a reach, but you need linebacker depth in that system, and outside of Liuget, you see a number of players on this board that might be able to help what was a disastrous special teams unit in 2010. I might have preferred an offensive tackle taken where Mouton was picked in the third round, but the Chargers targeted needs pretty effectively otherwise.

Overall he gave us a B+.

14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    The sad thing is, you're not wrong. ;)

Regrettably....... I'm the wrong guy to hit up for cash.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sounds a lot like someone we all know here. Cherepinski = Chimpski???

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    WalterFootball & the owner, Walt Chrepinski, flood the site with all of this sports "information" in order to try to look legit.

In actuality he's a putz & is about as reliable a source of real info as ProFootballTalk & that twit Florio.

This is where you do your draft research, right Ant?

17. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Anteater knows more about football than walterfootball, and that says something. Thats one of the worst "scouting" websites on the internet, and im pretty sure its just a bunch of guys who watch youtube clips and read other sites ratings and then pawn it off as their own.

Id rather ask my little sister what she thinks of a player than see what walterfootball thinks

18. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Dare I say it, Florio's actually more credible. He twists information as much as possible to sensationalize it, but at least Mike Florio HAS legitimate sources around the league. Cherepinski, to my knowledge, isn't known by any NFL scouts or front office members and regurgitates - for sake of trying to "create facts" - what is said by a lot of bloggers for the college programs. I know for several Oregon prospects in the past (namely Walter Thurmond last year and LeGarrett Blount in the offseason leading up to "the Idaho suckerpunch") he quoted word for word off of AddictedtoQuack.com and didn't give credit.

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Him?
    [​IMG]

20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    And his buddy Osama!

[​IMG]

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd have to agree re: Florio. Just trying to give some perspective since PFT gets panned here quite often.