1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

wanna laugh??? read the afc west prediction

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Sep 3, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    1. San Diego Chargers
    Projected Record: 9-7
    Fantasy Sleeper: Legedu Naanee – WR
    Cliff Notes: The Chargers may have the easiest schedule in the league, which is the main reason I still see this team over .500 in 2010. Other reasons include Ryan Mathews, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Legedu Naanee, and Malcom Floyd. Even without Vincent Jackson, this offense is still at least a Top 15 Offense. Don’t expect the same Chargers that rallied off 13 wins last season, but they are still the team to beat in the AFC West.

2. Kansas City Chiefs
    Projected Record: 8-8
    Fantasy Sleeper: Matt Cassel – QB
    Cliff Notes: The Kansas City Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people when they double their 2009 win total, by winning 8 games in 2010. As long as the offensive line can improve from last season, Matt Cassel should have plenty of options to make this offense click. If Matt Cassel can learn to get rid of the ball, instead of taking so many sacks, he could become an elite Quarterback. The acquisition of Thomas Jones should make for quite the running back duo when paired with Jamaal Charles. Their favorable schedule makes it hard to imagine this team winning anything less than 7 games.

3. Oakland Raiders
    Projected Record: 7-9
    Fantasy Sleeper: Darrius Heyward-Bey – WR
    Cliff Notes: It’s hard to remember the last winning season the Oakland Raiders had. You have to go all the way back to 2002. However, 2010 should be the start of something good for the Raiders. If they can get 7 wins this year, then look out for them in 2011. The Raiders didn’t draft Darrius Heyward-Bey 7th overall just to have him catch 9 passes a year. I expect the Raiders to make him their goto guy this year.

4. Denver Broncos
    Projected Record: 6-10
    Fantasy Sleeper: Eric Decker -WR
    Cliff Notes: After a ridiculous 6-0 start to last season, the Broncos faded into what they really were, a bad team. They will need more of those lucky breaks if they want to surpass .500 in 2010. A more likely scenario is 6-10 or 7-9. Without Brandon Marshall as their #1 target, Kyle Orton loses some fantasy value, if he had any to begin with. Someone will have to step their game up. Will it be Eddie Royal or the First Round Draft pick out of Georgia Tech, Demaryius Thomas?

2. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Link please.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what's to laugh at?

I'll be happy with 9-7, 10-6, playoffs, super bowl win

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I would too, but we aren't going to win only 3-4 games after our opening schedule.

5. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
  6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm going to feel like a foolish Pollyanna if we don't win a tleast 11 games.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So only 30 wins for the AFC W? I was actualy thinkin about predicting this the other night and I thought a good predict would be north of 33 wins for the DIV. 12-4 SD 8-8 KC 7-9 OAK 6-10

Maybe even 36 wins since KC has as ez a sched as we do with jus prob one more difficult game. Also provided Cassell avoid holding the ball all day on the run, and can commit to runing it when he can and recievers need to learn how to get in tune and not drop as many catchable balls. KC could do well indeed this year. Dammit the 13th couldnt get here sooner!! Sucks tho I hate Monday the 13ths!!

8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    1 SDC 2 KCC 3 OAK 4 DEN are my favorite numbers for AFC W all the time

I don't care about the prediction 9-7. It's better the others think we have a mediocre team and we win 12 or 13 times,
    than we'll be called for superbowl contender and come up short.

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It doesn't matter how many wins we get in the regular season as long as we win the division. It only matters how we kick in the playoffs. :deadhorse:

10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    People write a lot of garbage. The trick is to get paid for it.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Want something to laugh at?

Denver traded Alphonso Smith, CB to Detroit for a bag of balls

They acquired this guy in the third round 2009 Draft

To get him they traded one of their first rounders in 2010

So they make this huge move to acquire a CB, dump him after one year, lose out on a first rounder to boot.

Sometimes these things just write themselves

Another something-for-nothing in Detroit - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Welcome to Donkeyville...

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey Corona, that Horse we're beating will either be a Colt or Rex Ryans Jets.....:lol:

14. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    :icon_rofl: