1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Warning: DUIs in California!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Aug 10, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    With the state facing bankruptcy, things are getting out of control.

A friend of mine got a DUI a few months ago.
    Problem... HE WASN'T DRIVING!!!!

He went to a party and had planned on drinking but also planned on spending the night. So around 2:00 am, people were leaving and cops were around.
    He unlocked his car and reached in to get his backpack and sleeping bag. He was told that's an attempt to drive which lead to a DUI.

He's told me that there are people in the meetings that had too much to drink, so they slept in the backseat of their car (with the keys in their pocket)... that lead to a DUI.

So I just thought I'd give a shout out to everybody (especially with the season right around the corner). Seems DUIs are becoming more of a money maker now, as opposed to public safety. So be extra cautious!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Dayum.........sounds like a certain college town just over the river from where I live in Oregon. The cops in that town will even give a disabled person a $456 ticket if their placard is on the DASHBOARD (rather than the rearview mirror) of the car. Hey, maybe it FELL off the mirror, it's still visible......but they'll nail the poor devil anyway. You can't tell me it isn't about the revenue at that point.

I feel bad for y'all down there in Cali. You've got huge financial problems AND a clown for a governor. Ours isn't much better---he's a tree-hugging liberal who never met a tax or a fee he didn't like---but he's basically harmless.
    :no:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    A DUI for getting a BACKPACK out of a car? A DUI for SLEEPING in the car?

Sounds like "quota time" for the police.:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Damn that's some horseshit, should be easy enough to get out of with a decent lawyer, so long as you can afford one.

Lightnings girl, would you be speaking of western oregon univ By chance? I know its in a dry county or whatever, and you get caught with beer expect corporal punishment damn near.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Nope, it's Corvallis (home of Oregon State University). The cops there are a batch of thugs........it's a beautiful city, and I work there, but I absolutely HATE driving in that town.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Really?? I will have to alert the almostsisterinlaw... she lives/works in Corvalis - I had no idea the cops there were so bad :icon_eek:

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm osu alumn 2000, never realized how bad they were vs. Alcohol, then again I was pretty much drunk the whole time.

• Like Like x 2