1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Was the NFL media hoping for a Ryan Leaf sequel?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Something just occurred to me...

As we ALL know, the media has been making Rivers out to be a loud mouthed punk who's surrounded by great talent since day one. Though it appears to me that there was a hatred towards him before he even started. Never understood the reasoning but it was there.

One example is that many (so called) experts predicted him to be a failure when Brees was gone and the starting position was given to Rivers.

The biggest thing I've noticed since then was that when he screws up, it's the hot topic on ESPN and all other NFL media sources all week long. He plays a great game... it's yesterday's news.
    If he has the highest stats of the week... they'll show the numbers (no footage), no comment, won't show them again. It was too painful to show once.

Then there's this Rivers/Cutler (supposid) rivalry the media is trying to hype up. They freakin' talk about it like it's Elway vs. Leaf.
    Examples...
    In that interview provided in here where Cutler was ripping Rivers... I think it was the guy interviewing Cutler that was ripping him. Like he asked "is there any bad blood between you two or is he just an a**?"
    Then there was the hand shake between Rivers and Cutler before the game in week 2. I noticed that first the commentators made it out to be a gesture of good sportsmanship on both sides, then the same guys made it out to be like Rivers team mates pushed him out there to shake Cutler's hand during half time.

Of course, sh!t really hit the fan with that incident in the Christmas Eve game last season.
    What makes that funny is that these co called experts have no idea what Rivers was saying. They can't recall a word he said but it seems like they were waiting for something like this for a loooooong time!!!

Really seems like they were hoping for a Ryan Leaf sequel.

2. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Yep, conspiracy, dude. Ask Foober, he could tell ya. He knows all about this kind of stuff.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I wouldn't call it conspiracy. More like favoritism.

4. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Favoritism, conspiracy, coprolagnia... it's all the same smell.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Whatever you want to call it they have made a big deal over nothing and people, media and fans alike, were pretty quick to try and draw the comparrisons to Leaf even though there are none.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly!!! :yes:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Guess all that pelican farming has helped your nose hair condition?!!! :lol: :icon_tease:

8. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Nostril offending is a speciality of mine. Evidently, I don't lead the league in nose hairs anymore. Shamrock's cow, Stinky, has got me beat.

9. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    It's not a conspiricy it's the mark of yellow journalism which the sports industry smacks of.

ESPN and their ilk don't look for facts. They don't look for new storylines. They don't even investigate anything.

They rely on punditry that's based on the status quo. They want to yell the loudest and pander to the lowest common denominator. It's much the same as political punditry except it's a one party system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    I know it's hard to tell on a message board, but I was just being sarcastic. Just a crappy attempt to be funny. Thank's for the lesson though.:mellow::yes:

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Who has the most playoff wins?

Brees, Rivers or ****ler?

Who has the most regular season wins?

Brees, Rivers or ****ler?

:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    And when it's all said and done, who will have the most Superbowl wins??
    Brees, Rivers or ****ler :icon_party::icon_banana:

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    But, does the NFL want(ed) Rivers to fail or AJ to look bad on the trade (so it would look like he raped the gnats) ? :icon_shrug:

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Oh... I know YOU were being sarcastic. No worries there. The insinuations from others have conspiratorial overtones. It's all good dooder.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm getting pretty fed up with ESPN. I record NFL Live every day and then skim through it to see the stuff I want to see.

The past two weeks the name of the show should be Cowboys Live. The first three stories every day are Cowboys story. "Tony Romo took a **** today, Chris Mortensen reports live from Dallas..."

Then, when the Cowboys update is over, they'll tell us what Brett Favre is up to.

Then and only then, they might tell us a few things about some of the other teams in the league.

The only reason I still record it is because I do like my football news, so I'll take what I can get. NFL Network's Total Access is better, but Rich Eisen is an annoying prick.

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    and then theres some that can't think for themselves and just do what they're told.

Or are we not supposed to think. Just obey. Seige heil king brushe.

Believe whatever you want. I guess it depends what propaganda you believe.

17. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Lol. See what I mean? Foober knows this stuff inside and out. You tell em, Foober!

18. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    You see the episode when he had corn in his crap? I had to Tivo that ****. No pun intended

19. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't know what your your trying to get at. I know your a military person is all I know about you. And your a pretty good guy. But I find it hard that anyone beleives the craap our politicans say anymore.

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You're embarrassing yourself again.

21. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Actually, I'm not in the military anymore. 4 years Marine Corps infantry, 2 years National Guard, foward observer.

I just thought it was funny cause suddenly you went into the Bush Nazi thing out of no where.

Just so you know, I don't believe too much when it comes to politicians. They all got their agenda. They don't really seem to care about what's right for the country, instead, they only care about what's right for them. At least, that's my take.

Foober, you're one of my favorite posters around. I've been posting on charger forums with you since 2002, man. I'd never throw you under the bus.:tup:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Why are you bringing politics into this thread?