1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watch and Remember

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219

The sound's a little messed up at the end, but I didn't care. I thrust my hands skyward as Humphries throws his trademark bomb, twice, to put us back in the game. My heart was in my throat as I watched that last stand, once more. Tears came to my eyes, again, as Dennis Gibson comes over the top to knock that ball down - a moment that lives forever in my Charger fan heart of hearts.

Watch and remember.

Props to the guy that put this on YouTube. I can watch it over and over and over again.

To Stan, Junior, Alfred, Tony, Dennis, Natrone, and all the other guys on that team... you did good. But this is the year we finish the job.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    YOU RULE!!!!

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Awesome!
    Nice to see it again.

4. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I didn't realize until I watched this video how much I miss Stan's incomparable touch on the long ball. The Tony Martin bomb was vintage Stan - it would just drop into the WR's hands like manna from heaven.

Those were good days. Stan left too early.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Man do I remember that...

I was sitting alone in my apartment (1 mile from the stadium) watching that game. I jumped off my couch when Martin cought that pass. When Gibson knocked that pass down, the whole complex erupted. Cars were driving by all night honking their horns.:bolt:

6. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I still can't believe Gibson made two plays in a row to seal that:icon_eek:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    he never really ever did anything before or after that but became a charger legend with two plays

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    On a lesser scale that game and the SB cemented Alfred (the Pineapple Express) Pupunu in the hearts and trivia questions of alot of charger fans:abq2:

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    moving it with the mahi mahi and the coconut shrimp!
    (my favorite Berman-ism) :tup: :tup:

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good **** here!!

Makes me wanna break out the VHS tape of the game again.

Neil Fuq'in O'donnell threw more passes in that game than he ever had or ever will...completed mostuv'em, as well.

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wonder how many last minute Charger wins Dick Enberg commentated for over the years...Him and Dierdorff did the Cincy game last year, and I forgot who he teamed up with for the Seattle game last year. Dierdorff again??

12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Thanks for posting this. It brings back the same emotions from that day. Which I hope to experience it again this season.

13. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Seattle was Dick Enberg and Randy Cross.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Correctamundo!!

That was so b1tchen hearing Cross bagging on Philip and the Chargers for wasting so much time, then Cross saying, "there's a plate of crow waiting for me..." after Philip hit VJ for the score!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast: :icon_rofl:

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus Ray, I thot it was jes me...when I saw what it was my breathing became erratic and I started misting up.

I ain't ashamed to admit it, either!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Hey had Dierdork still got a job?., after the hatchet job he tried to pull on McCree last yr he shoulda been sent packing. Did he even apologise in the end?...........:icon_shrug:

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I can't believe we went to the Super Bowl with Shawn Jefferson and Mark Seay as our starting receivers.

:lol:

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah, and who cares...I look at his whole body of work and find him to be oneuv the more credible analysts around, along with Randy Cross, who spent much of that last drive bagging on Philip and the Chargers, and the restuv it eating crow.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Anyone recall who the DB was that Tony beat for the score?? Kim sumpmm?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :unsure:

20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It's funny... when I think of the rosters of the team we have now and the team we had then, I can think of maybe 3 guys who would be starters on our current team--if that. (Remember, Rodney was a rookie on that team so even he wasn't starter-material yet.) Hell, Darren Bennett would be hard-pressed to beat-out Scifres as our starting punter.

But that Bobby Ross team had big old brass balls. I'll never forgive Bobby Beathard for forcing the Spanoses to choose between him and Ross. Too bad they ran up against the possibly the best offense ever in the Superbowl. We had the worst kind of defense to try to handle the Niners--big and slow run-stopping defense.

21. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Wasn't it Tim Mckyer? AKA "Toast" 'cause he got burned ALOT in his career.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    McKyer, that's it!! :) :tup: :icon_toast:

Altho Elvis Patterson is probably onea the first DB's to wear that moniker!! :yes: :icon_rofl:

23. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Man .. I do remember the honking horns all night long .. people standing on random street corners holding Charger flags .. That was fun.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I was at the Murph that night when they returned, what a great time that was in Bolt history. Thanks for conjuring up the past, damn I'm getting old.:bolt: :icon_toast:

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Not too early for Stan. Too many concussions. Trent Green should take the hint.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Guys, I remember that play like it was yesterday. I still tear up while watching it. :crying: I know that day will soon come again. I always told my bolt brothers and my family that if (when) we get to the Super Bowl and WIN it I think I will start crying like a baby. Tears of joy. I also told them I can now die a happy man. I'll put that SB win on my tombstone. Hopefully a couple in a row. Great memories that video brought back. Let's just start by winning the AFC West (again) and winning 1 playoff game. It's our time fellas, it's OUR time!

27. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    All I can tell you is after being at the Chargers-Miami game the week before when we made the great comeback to get in front of Miami and Dan Marino move the Fins down into FG range and then they pulled a Finkel and missed it. Almost crapped my pants that day. Then we get the 4th on the 3 knockdown the next week to make it into the Superbowl. Surprised I lived through that couple of weeks with the stress and the elation. Of course the depression after the drubbing we took from the 9ers pretty much evened me out. I think its about time we exorcise the demons around here.

28. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    ???Gibson, while not flashy was always in position, and was a good steady player.
    He just didn't play for us very many years.

29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hell freaking yes MadMike! I hear ya!