1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watch out for the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    Well, since the definition of a sleeper is someone not expected to be good by most, the chiefs would fit the bill.

I don't think it's going to happen for them this year.

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    I think he's smoking crack.

What do YOU think? :icon_huh:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm sure they'll win more than two games.

Though here's a question... will we not play like crap against them this season? I mean we beat them by a combined two points. That last game in KC was possibly one of the worst performances I've ever seen up to the last two minutes.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    KC played a lot of teams tough & close last season. They just couldn't finish.

6. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    yeah and we could have won a few more that we lost in the waining seconds/minutes last year also ,the chiefs always play us tough fk that we sleep on noone this year bring the lombardi to S.D.

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It depends on how well their defense adapts to the change to a 3-4. They have the pieces, so if they do it quickly I can actually see the Chiefs playing well next year. They've got young up and coming players at the three main positions on a football team IMO: Defensive line, offensive line, and QB.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The Chiefs are a year or two away from making too much noise. I could maybe see losing to them at Arrowhead. :icon_shrug:

Their OL is pretty rough right now & Cassell tends to hold on to the ball. He'll see a lot of sacks. And no TG for him to target?

I see a record between 5-11 and 7-9, third behind Oakland. :icon_eek:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    They could be a surprise team just not this year.

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's true. They had us on the ropes until Dwayne Bowe fumbles that one onside kick. How better will they be with Cassel? We shall see. But don't underestimate ANYONE and take NO prisoners! :icon_twisted:

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    spot on!

:lol:

12. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    after our 8-8 season last year the KC game put us in the playoffs, the last game they should of beat us when we had to win, so maybe they are'nt as bad as people think.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    don't be so quick to write off KC. they fought hard last year and had some very close games (i think we know something about that eh?)

I'd give KC a year or two before they are likely play-off contenders, the loss of TG will be a big hurdle for 2009 unless someone can step up and fill that role. Ultimately tho, I really think it all hinges on Haley, how he responds to being head honcho. He is a passionate guy and has been known to get into it with players - battling egos could ruin any progress they made this offseason.

14. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I'm still not convinced Matt Cassel is a quality NFL quarterback.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I don't write any opponent off. I've seen too much unexpected **** happen in NFL seasons to fall into that trap.

That being said, I'm not convinced KC is some super sleeper team that could shock the NFL this year.

16. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    They will become our biggest Rivals in the next 3-5 years...nobody knows for sure, but Poili watched Cassell develop for 4+ years...so he knows best whether he can be legit. People say he has Moss and Welker and that offense...while all true, he still has a little talent, and did well.

They need help on Oline, it will be interesting to see whether Goff has anything left in the tank.

Their D will be the reason they "break out" or stay mediocre....this D is mostly built with Herm personal, so it may be at least a year before they become cohesive as a unit.

Oakland and Denver are in shambles. I moved to Kansas almost two years ago, got to go to the Bolts Chiefs two years ago...I was laughing at them when they lost 9 straight or whatever that year, then 2-14 last year, but they were in alot of close games and should have swept us. I say 9-7, they have the kind of character guys on this team to turn it around quickly.

17. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I think they could win 8 games. I don't think they will unless Larry Johnson stays healthy

18. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I think they will be much improved. I don't think they will win the division however they could surprise a lot of people. They are a scary team for us since historically we have a hard time getting by them.

19. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I have to agree with you on this.

20. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    This is the key, for them. I think.

LJ HAS to stay healthy for them to be competitive, and I just don't see that happening. Herm ran him into the ground in his first season.

21. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    The way I see it, he had amazing talent last year and barely did "ok" with it. He doesn't have nearly that level of talent in KC. We're going to see why he's been a backup his entire collegiate and professional career.

22. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Hard to believe Johnson has only been in the league 6 years.

Talk about a dude that can't stay healthy, and only in six years.

:bolt:

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I would be nice to see the AFC West return to being a competitive division.

This season may be the start of that return.

24. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I think I'm more likely to believe a headline that reads, "Watch Out for Enormo's Balls"

• Like Like x 1
  25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The one hangin from your wifes tail hitch? :lol:

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    they'll be second in the AFC west, but that's not saying much with the donkies and turds in the same division.

they're getting a new system in place, they still don't know where all the parts fit, they are missing their top receiving target, so yeah I don't think they'll compete

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    QFT :tup:

Actually, I believe that the Jeff Garcia-led Raiders will be 2nd, with KC & Denver slugging it out for the cellar.

As for LJ - who's gonna make the diaper comment this year to get him motivated? :icon_shrug:

I don't see him getting along very well with Haley.

28. RaptorKC

RaptorKC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
  29. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I know. We were not prepared to play that game. Inexcusable given the urgency at the time.

:no:

30. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm sure you would like the same with the AFC East whereas back in 07 your division opponents were just speed bumps riiight?

Hell with that, I'm more hten happy to beat the tar out of the Chiefs-Broncos-Raiders 2x a year each without them putting up much competition

• Like Like x 1