1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Waterfront Stadium in National City?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    Yup, I like it. Both National City and the Chargers would get what they want. The Bolt's would get land to develop on, and National City would be revitalized.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,842
    Might help Nasty City clean up.

5. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I say...Git R Dun! :tup:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers | Team meets with Chula Vista officials
    Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:18:15 -0700

Tanya Mannes, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers team president Dean Spanos met with Chula Vista officials to discuss stadium possibilities Thursday, July 27. They visited two possible sites for the stadium. One in the Otay Valley and another on bayfront land south of the South Bay Power Plant. "I was most impressed with the general plan of the city," Spanos said. "You can really see what they've done in the past four or five years and what they'll do in the next 10 or 15 years."

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers | City and county officials to discuss stadium issue
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:52:44 -0700

San Diego Chargers team executives and county supervisors Dianne Jacob and Ron Roberts met at the team's headquarters, according to Ronald W. Powell of the San Diego Union-Tribune to discuss eight possible stadium sites within San Diego county, including one on the Qualcomm Stadium property, which Jacob favors. Jacob and Roberts plan to meet with mayor Jerry Sanders Wednesday, Aug. 2 to discuss the stadium issue, and to propose forming a joint powers authority (involving the city and county governments) to assist in financing the stadium. Jacob, Roberts, and Sanders have said taxpayer money will not be used to fund the stadium, unless it would make money for taxpayers.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers | National City to consider building new stadium for team?
    Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:33:44 -0700

National City has become the second Bay city, besides Chula Vista, to express interest in becoming the new home of the San Diego Chargers, according to Ronald W. Powell of the San Diego Union-Tribune. The National City city council voted unanimously to allow city officials to begin talks with the Port District and its tenants over the future use of 52 bayfront acres that could serve as the potential site of a stadium. The approval also allows officials to begin talks with the Chargers, although no meetings have been scheduled. The San Diego city council voted to amend its lease with the team in May 2006, and allow them to look within the county for a stadium deal. Beginning Jan. 1, 2007, the Chargers can hold stadium talks with any city in the United States, and the mayors of San Antonio and Las Vegas have already expressed interest. The team can leave San Diego after the 2008 season by paying the remainder of $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997, to pay for Qualcomm Stadium's expansion. However, team executives prefer to remain in the county, if a new deal can be struck.

9. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The clock is ticking .............

The San Antonio Chargers .... works for me. :icon_mrgreen:

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It really would be an odd one for me but maybe karma has San Antonio in store?

That would be bitter/sweet for me when I move to Texas in the next few years.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The cool thing (if they did move to SA) is that I'd have 50 yard line season seats by converting my G'ma's tix to my name.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Damn I did not even think of that for myself because I am on the 50yard line as well (Section 37).

A new stadium in San Antonio out in the hill country would be freaking way cool.

Then buying land in an area most likely to be built out for a stadium would not be a bad investment as well.....

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The cool part is I have met Shamrock and BFISA already so finding new fans to hang with is already a mission partially completed.

One cool part about Texas is they use their bumper hitches to move their BBQ's. Now THAT is a BBQ rig.

Hibachi is a foreign soup or something in Texas and there it does not qualify as a real BBQ.