1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Waters Released...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Feb 26, 2009.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
  2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    With Kynan Forney resigned yesterday, the Chargers have four more unrestricted free agents. The team won’t pursue Igor Olshansky, Mike Goff, Marques Harris or Jeremy Newberry back.

A.J. confirmed that the team has placed second-round tenders on restricted free agents Malcom Floyd and Cletis Gordon. They can shop with other teams, but the Chargers have first right of refusal. If the Chargers chose not to match an offer sheet signed by either player, the Bolts will receive a second-round...

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    No huge surprises thus far... And, nothing that saves us a ton of 09 money either...

4. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Big Mac had a neck opperation three weeks ago that will sideline him for about five months. He battled the injury all season but is expected to be full strength by camp.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Wiliham over Waters???

WTF???

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Could be a purely financial decision... Or could indicate that we are ataking MLB via the draft and Matt can be a stop gap unitl new kid is ready for prime time...

Matt W is not the future at MLB on this team, but he is probably the better stop gap until the future is found.

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Just found this on KFFL...

Cowboys | Trying to trade SS Williams
    Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:00:39 -0800

Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have been calling other NFL teams trying to trade SS Roy L. Williams, according to a source. If they are not able to trade him, Williams could be released.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, I'll take him! Won't come cheap though and I don't think he's an AJ type guy.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Fixed it for you....

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    So far nothing seismic.

Disappointed for Waters.... after all the talk/hope/hype nothing. Terrible pick in hindsight obviously.

A little surprised about Harris. He was tendered high last yr and yet now he is completely surplus to requirements... Strange. I wondered if he was ever any good. Must have been the back flips.........

And what's with signing Forney after never giving him one play on 08?. Amazing. If Goff was on his last legs and Forney is to be the answer surely he shoulda been playing in 08. Again, amazing.

11. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    They wrapped it up... Word was that the LT questions were skirted in good ol AJ fasion. I still say that no news is good news....Just don't ask me to define "good news"....

No real big news and no real savings made either. I don't expect us to be active in FA this year....

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    whaaaaa, on "my boy" Ragin... he just never "got it"... bummer...

Scott McKillop, ILB, 6-1 244 4.67, Pittsburgh in rd 3... :yes:

13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Salary cap was increased four million dollars this year. We haven't extended any of our big name guys yet. Still no word on LT. We've let go scrubs, and kept other scrubs. Who knows what will happen this year, but I doubt we'll go after anyone in free agency till teams start trimming their roster in July.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    There you go TBF. I knew you had my back. :lol:

15. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
  16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    worrisome, but that's why we aren't GMs

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Also, I thought this thread is about Waters being released :icon_shrug::icon_tease:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I don't know why they did that but Waters did have opportunities since he's been drafted to get in there and play but he kept either not being able to get on the field or injured so he couldn't. Besides we have had a ton of middle linebackers of which we removed two.

19. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Sounds like Buster Davis too lol.