1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We are coming up on the end of a decade...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    We are coming up on the end of a decade...

Decades take on a life of their own thru the years, thru pop culture, fashion, music, movies.

The 50's you had the Dawn of Rock and Roll, soda hops, poodle skirts

The 60's you had the Beatles and the British Invasion, The Kennedy Assasination, bell bottoms, and hippies

The 70's you had the end VietNam War, The Kent State Killings, the AMC Gremlin, Star Wars and the Doobie Brothers

The 80's you had Olympic Hockey Dream Team, Michael Jackson, and Mt St Helens and the end of the cold War

The 90's you had the World Wide Web, Bill Clinton, Friends and Seinfeld.

What will this decade be remembered for as far a sports, politics, fashion, music, movies, or trends?

The one thing I will always remember is the big Y2K. Everything was suppose to stop. It was suppose to be the year the digital and computer world was thrown into an abyss of chaos.

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I think this decade will go down in history as one massive cluster-f*ck. We had 9/11, George "Dubya" Bush, war, recession, record deficits, and the general disappearance of what used to be called polite society.......and that's just for starters.:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You forgot OJ.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    9/11 sucked.
    War sucks regardless of the cause.

But I think the next decade will bring great things because of the prior decade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    And loss of several freedoms and privacy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Progress comes with a price.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
  8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think this was the decade of the Paris Hiltons and Lindsey Lohans... Not quite sure what the word for it should be.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    When you lose freedoms & privacy, there is no progress. :no:

10. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    In that case.......how about Millenial Media Madness?

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

The internet is progress. Unfortunately it's also better access for pediphiles and child predators.

Cell phones are progress. Also a great tool for drug dealers, terrorists, kidnappers, etc.

With those kinds of scum out there... believe me, the FBI has better things to keep them busy than listen in on you. You're not as important as you'd like to be... so no need for paranoid.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I like it! The title... not the madness. :lol:

13. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Sad to say, anytime something new is invented/created, it can be used for both good and bad.

14. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Loss of privacy has nothing to do with being paranoid. Plus, with the ability to photochop and use computers to rerecord, the innocent can be used by the guilty to avoid being caught.
    It's so hard now to know what is really real. Just look at the so-called 'reality shows' - what it has done to people to try to get on them, and the fact that they are still scripted to a certain extent.

I have nothing to be ashamed of or worried about if anyone reads my emails or listens to my phone calls. It's the fact that I no longer have the comfortable feeling of peace and that my activities are mine alone when alone. Have you watched THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE that the History channel put on? It has been admitted that even people's thoughts/mind control have been experimented with WITHOUT their consent. I know, I know, that started waaaay back in the 1950's - but, it's been perfected upon since then.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I hear what you're saying but what I'm saying is that all of this is nothing new.
    Example: for the past two decades, they've had hidden cameras in building and public places. Though in the late 80's, they came up with a law that signs must be posted in those areas. Because a woman was unaware of the camera as she fixed her stockings in an elevator.
    I also remember narcs in my high school days.

Your activities are still your's alone. If you don't want people to know abut them... just don't post them on the internet and be careful who you tell them to on the phone. The second on is nothing new.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This has been a great decade for me. 2009 has been rough but besides that, it's been great!!!

I moved to San Diego.
    I've made a great group of friends.
    I became a season ticket holder.
    I've gained enough knowledge to run a business.

2009 is almost over and I'm ready for round 2!!!

17. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Agreed it just keeps going from ****** to shittier. First we got dubya and now it gets even worse with black bush obozo!:icon_shrug: