1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We finally saw the "real" San Diego Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobigblue, Dec 2, 2007.

1. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Exactly!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271202012

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Now let's see the real fans.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    :wave:

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We also saw the injury pounded Chiefs.
    LJ would have smoked us today, our tackling is horrid!

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Here I am :bolt: :flag:

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Never went anywhere.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]

8. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Yes, our tackling was bad at times, and their RB was actually pretty good, but we overcame our mistakes with many more "positive" plays to win the game. I don't think LJ '07 would have made that much of a difference.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, good luck with that.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    LJ 07' ran asswild on us back in September, he runs asswild against us every time.
    Why would should that change now? Our defense is soft.

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    In the September game, 65 of Johnson's 123 rushing yards came in the final 3 minutes when the Chiefs were up by 2 TDs and the game was over. Prior to that last drive, Johnson had 20 rushes for 58 yards. That does not equate to running "asswild."

With the exception of the 2nd half meltdown vs. Minny, we've been very good this year against the run. I certainly would not describe our front 7 as "soft." Please tell me which of our front seven you would describe that way. Merriman? Phillips? Jamal? Igor? Cooper?

13. ETicket

Ratings:
    +367
    LJ ran for 123 against us in week 4. K. Smith had 83 this week.
    Huard threw for 284 week 4. He threw for 183 this week.

I think we are just playing better. Our D may not be elite (yet), but it's definitely not soft.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    None of those guys.
    But these guys........ehhh

McCree = Very soft
    Hart= Very soft
    Wilhelm= Soft
    Florence= Very soft
    Cromartie= Great cover corner, bad tackler.
    Cooper= Not soft per say, but he's been owned by power running backs in the past.
    Weddle= Undecided. I thought he was a good tackler at first.

To finish my point. Its a BAD thing when your last line of defense (hint: McCree and Hart) is your worst line of defense.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You = Clown

You just need something to ***** about. You just admitted that you can't call 6 of our front 7 soft, and you want to call the defense soft. What a load of ****.

We physically owned the Queefs today, running for almost 200 yards while allowing less than 90 yards rushing. We allowed 3.5 yards per rush, while getting over 7 yards per rush. We sacked their QB 8 times and surrendered only 3.8 yards per pass play. Seriously, find something new to whine about.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

I know.
    I'm probably the biggest pessimist on the board, I'm just so F'n pissed off about this season and the fact we havn't beat any half decent teams.

Denver- weak
    Oakland- weaker
    KC- w/o LJ...weak
    Hou- weak
    Indy- weak, half their team injured and we still tryed to give away the game
    Bal- weak (only game I was satisfied with)
    Chi- weak

Argue with that.

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I just can't convince myself that Norv and Cottrell have righted the ship when we havn't beat a team (other than the pathetic Indy game) with a winning record.

18. ETicket

Ratings:
    +367
    Yeah, I'm not at all sold on the coaching yet either. I'm over the shock of not being the elite team we thought we would be, but I'm hopful we can get there. I'm just taking it one game at a time... and this game was definitely an improvement over our last meeting with KC. On that we can agree, yes?

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    So are you pissed because we beat weak teams by double digits or because we beat the defending world champs in a close game? This team is improving and playing better week to week. No matter how bad the Chiefs suck, KC is a tough place to play. We went in there on a cold and windy day and overpowered them.

20. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Which coach since the Boss has consistently beaten tough teams?

21. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    This has been the plan all along and only Trumpie and myself saw through it :yes: AJ wanted to make the players figure it out on their own, struggle early in the season, peak going into the 4th Q of the schedule just like he said and Frankenorv and Theodore were in on it and only now are they putting the players in better position to win :yes: "My views on how to win a world championship are worlds apart from Marty's"... now why would AJ say exactly that and why would AJ's plan for a world championship rely entirely upon the head coach? AJ explained the "peaking" theory to Norv and Ted when they were hired and only the three of them plus Dean and Buddy are in on it :yes:

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm not sure we are getting better every week.

I think....
    A) That Rivers is a different player every week.
    B) That our offensive scheme changes back and forth from good to bad every week.
    C) That our defense has faced only 2 first string QB's in the last 6 weeks. We lost one of those games, and tried to lose the other.
    D) That the only 3 games LT has rushed for 100yds this year were against 4-8 teams.

I hope your right though. The Chargers just seem so random this year.

23. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    For better or worse we sure aren't the team we saw last year.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nor or we the team that we saw a few weeks ago. Things are looking up. Other than Jared Allen, no one really hurt us on KC's D today, & in the second half he wasn't as much of a factor. LT actually got the ball on the edges more - and it worked!!

We are getting better, IMO. Are we elite yet? No, but I hope we get on a good roll going into the playoffs. :tup:

And BTW - I'm a fan who has been here all along, voicing my opinion w/the rest of you. :yes:

25. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Hey, where does everyone get those "picture I.D. cards" that shows your name and favorite player with a picture of your favorite player, that is in the signature on posts???

I wanted to get one:tup:

Someone let me know...

26. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10298&highlight=fanatic

Concudan makes them up for Bolt Fanatics!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

27. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Bottom line is our defense was the difference in the game. Getting 8 sacks and 3 ints is good against any NFL team. I'm a little concerned about how Tony kept getting open against us. I'm also a little concerned that PR had another poor game after a good one. LT came up huge, but other than that the offense wasn't in rhythm. KC is always a tough place for the Chargers, so a win and a donkey loss:icon_rofl:; it was a good week.

:abq1:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You and trumpy need to step away from the crack pipe if you believe that...:lol:

No one throws away games in the NFL. No one.

29. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Those stats are random. Huard isn't really a backup. He's a better QB than Croyle. Rivers has been progressing. You want to nitpick his game yesterday, that seems a bit harsh since the conditions made it very difficult to throw.

These aren't beauty contests. They are football games. We've won 3 out of our last 4 and 6 of our last 8. This team is improving. Why not recognize that instead of whining about how we played three weeks ago?

30. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The wind made it very difficult to throw yesterday. Rivers made enough plays to win in tough conditions. Tony is a HOF player and sometimes those guys are going to have good days against you. But the nice thing is that there isn't another TE on our schedule as good as him, so I'm not concerned.