1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We Gave It Our Best Shot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Jan 20, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'm proud of our boys for staying in the this game. No LT, Gates and a hurt Rivers. They made TDs, we made FG's. AIN'T gonna cut it in this game. NE converts key 3rd downs & runs the ball with Maroney and a 3 TE set (and holding like a mofo) and we can't capitalize. No LT and a hurt Gates hurt us big time. Those 2 could have been the difference converting in the endzone, but we'll never know. I'm still proud and love this team. THIS IS MY TEAM NO MATTER WHAT.

Congrats Pats, you played well. At least we kept it interesting.

2. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, based on what I saw, this game would have been very different if our offense was healthy...but they weren't and that's just football late in the year.
    I think this team is on it's way to some very good years ahead.
    Congrat's to the Pat's and you had better represent the AFC correct.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Very gutsy game by Rivers. He was limping very noticably the whole game and still plated pretty well. TWo INT's on which one was a bad throw and the other was an offbalance throw while getting his feet hit.

I dont think he hurt s today as he probably shouldnt of been out there but he was and played a gutsy game. :icon_toast:

I am assuming he will need surgery if he has a partially torn ACL. Thats the only way to fix it so here to hoping he has a speedy recovery.

4. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    We need to fix the problem of stalling inside the 20. That's been a problem all year and it hurt us today. Still, the Pats played well when they had to.

We have problems that need fixing, but it was a good season and we'll get 'em next year.

5. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I don't think it's any sort of problem...if this offense is healthy, two of those FG's are TD's...it's just a matter of to many pro-bowlers being hurt or out.

6. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

That second INT was because Philip couldn't put the weight on his legs that he needed to go down field. You notice all his passes were comeback routes or 15-10 yrd'ers. If he'd had the health to put some weight into that throw it would have never been picked...it needed another 10 yrds of distance.
    Could Volek have done better...who knows, fact is Philip is our QB, and as long as he can stand, he needs to be playing.

7. pulherst

pulherst BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    While I don't like your avatar, I like your approach to sticking with your team. I had to work, but from the little I could see, the Chargers played hard and gave it all they had. Talk radio was stating that Rivers played a very gutsy preformance.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    No prob pulherst. As much as I hate to admit it, your team is just too damn good. With our stars hurt and out, we just couldn't get it done in the redzone. The only reason I want to see you guys beat the Gnats in the SB is because we want Seau to get a ring and we HATE Sheli Manning! Kill that mofo!

Oh, if you missed the game it's alright. Bellichick taped it for you. :lol: (just kidding) Good luck to you man.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    No excuses. You guys beat us now finish it.