1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We have it bad?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Lions' Dominic Raiola: Detroit deserves better than this

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 2, 2010 6:25 PM ET
    Dominic Raiola was part of Matt Millen's first draft class with the Lions in 2001, and he's lived through some truly terrible football: The Lions have been below .500 in each of Raiola's 10 years, including the only 0-16 season in history, two 2-14 seasons, two 3-13 seasons and the worst road record the NFL has seen since the Dayton Triangles of the 1920s.

But while Raiola's frustration has sometimes boiled over at fans -- he once gave the finger to fans at Ford Field and suggested afterward that he'd like to have a fist fight with fans -- he says that he desperately wants to give football fans in Detroit a winner on the field.

"I understand their pain," Raiola told the Detroit News. "I feel it. The thing is I don't want to do this for me. This is not a selfish thing. I want to win for this franchise and the city of Detroit. They deserve better."

The Lions have won just 33 games in Raiola's 10 seasons, but he says that while losing is tough, it's not so tough that he wants out.

"I am not going to lie. It is hard," he said. "It is so frustrating to the point where you say I am so tired of this [bleep]. But quit never comes into it. It's just how am I going to deal with this another week?"

Lions fans ask themselves that question every week, too.
    ProFootballTalk.com