1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We have no choice but to try and trade VJ and McNeil

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Jun 16, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Here's why.

It's obvious they are sticking to their guns on the hold out and, should no move be made, won't be back until week 10. (or is it 11?)

I also think any hope of keeping them past 2010 is out the window, so even if they do don the Chargers uniform at any point this season it'll be the last time.

But, here's the main problem. If they continue to hold out for their selfish demands they'll (finally) return to the locker room with a team that's been busting their asses for 10-11 weeks expecting to just waltz in and take over in their old positions on the depth chart....only doing so because it serves their own selfish purposes. (Allowing them to be UFAs next year...assuming there is a next year)

I think this would be horrible for team chemistry.

Thus, trading them will accomplish three things:

1. We'll get something instead of nothing for them as they go elsewhere.

2. We can ensure they don't wind up on a division rival.

3. We avoid this possible clash in team chemistry, which is vital to this game.

Blame whomever you like for why this is happening but regardless of who's more to blame it's still happening and I believe ridding ourselves of them via a trade is more beneficial than watching them come back and possibly screwing whatever team chemistry is there and then walking for nothing at season's end.

2. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    We have no choice but to trade VJ and McNeil

We can't trade them, they are not under contact. When they do sign their tenders in week 11, the trade deadline will have long passed.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

Stupid rules.

Screw it. Keep them benched then.

4. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

If they come back in week 10 I say they are not active and in their team reebok gear on the sideline. They just dont play no effing way. I am dying to know what the hell their agents are telling them. The agents are so quiet on this I just dont understand the strategy behind sitting out while everyone else is signing these RFA contracts.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

We do however own their rights.

And there is nothing to say we HAVE to take a 1st & 3rd.

We could easily take a 2nd for each of them

:tup:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

This is true .... but do you think that they'll get the contract that they're looking for from someone else? Maybe, but it's certainly no guarantee.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

I don't really care if they do or not.

If we can trade them we get something in return and prevent what could become a locker room cancer issue.

That might negate my 2nd benefit, however.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

I believe McNeil will be a Charger before the season starts.

Vjack...I don't believe he has any emotional connection or loyalty to the Chargers, I've said it for years he's clearly a Bronco fan as he grew up in Colorado, and I had a feeling he'd try to work his way out sooner or later. Time will tell if I'm right on this one.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

My point is that they likely won't get traded because no one else is going to give them a long-term deal. Why would they go to another team w/o that assurance? If they did, then we'd certainly know that this goes deeper than just money/security.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

If we do all we can to trade them and can't find a partner then we can't fault Chargers management.

Perhaps my title should be changed to "We have no choice but to try and trade VJ and McNeil"

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018

Done.

12. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    VJ definately should be traded! He is not loyal to this team...he is an ungrateful player who forgets that the chargers plucked him out of the 3rd round and kept with him over the last few years and only started top get the pay-off last year!

I think we should still try to keep McNeil thou as he is a great, YOUNG tackle that will see us right for many years to come.

Message to AJ..."Lets compromise...

TRADE VJ

SIGN MM":tup::tup::tup::yes:

13. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350

Beyond this, no other team is going to given them the money they want, because of the CBA looming. Even Dumerville, elite at his position, saw the writing on the wall, and leverage the owners had, so he signed his tender.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Is there an echo in here? :icon_tease:

15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350

Sorry, I have you on ignore list, missed your similar post! :flag:

j/k

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Who are you? :icon_tease: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Just curious...how has VJ shown he is not "loyal" to this team?

Is anyone truly "loyal" to a team?

The Chargers franchise certainly wasn't "loyal" to LT at the end of last season were they?

I guess you guys do DO NOT want to win a Superbowl very much do you?

Let's just sign all these 3rd rate jackass players to replace our superstars. Yeah they'll be ****ing "loyal". Gimme a ****ing break.

Without VJ, this will be the most boring season ever.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    VJ has shown he is not loyal to this team by passing up a fat paycheck THIS YEAR, not practicing with his teammates THIS YEAR, then apparently wanting to show up at the end of THIS YEAR in an effort to be able to leave this team NEXT YEAR. He's also banking on this team losing early and often in order to prove his value. If that doesn't happen... and he shows up while the team is on a hot streak... he'd better be prepared for whatever consequences he suffers.

This franchise went above and beyond loyalty for LT by bringing him back last year. They gave him the opportunity to prove he wasn't finished yet. And he proved otherwise. They were extremely fair to him by cutting him early and allowing him to choose from a range of suitors. LT then turned around and badmouthed the team. Sad. True. But not very loyal.

Your son's not very bright, Mrs. Jackson. But you can always hope the lightbulb turns on sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  19. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91

Than why dont you tell VJ hes F**king up the Chargers chances if getting to the superbowl!

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    !^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^!

21. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7

Gave LT an opportunity???...bullshit. They gave Rivers an opportunity to throw the ball. Straight up.

Badmouthed the team? Really? So a guy can't speak how he feels that he was under utilized in a mostly vertical offense and that his Offensive line wasn't playing up to their best? It's called bad mouthing now? Whatever

Don't any of you scrubs remember that SPROLES got stuffed JUST AS MUCH as LT did last year with our PATHETIC AZZE RUN GAME????? LT was right, our O-line wasn't up to snuff, wether he lost his step or not, SPROLES was getting jacked just as much as he was.

Hey by the way, aren't you "bad mouthing" VJ right now? Where's your loyalty? Loyalty is bullshit, it's about getting a ring.

I hope you're happy with these douche bag replacements, because we aren't getting a ring with either of them on our team.

And I stand by the fact that VJ is one of the most entertaining players on the field. I'd rather watch him over Floyd any day.

Help me understand this...How does wanting to sign a LONG TERM deal with the CHARGERS in any way show a LACK of "loyalty".????????

And if you're gonna throw VJ under the bus with your little explanation...you'll have to include McNeil in there as well, because he's done the same damnn thing.

I'm really surprised to see how many fans here hate VJ. Makes my stomach turn. :tdown::tdown::tdown:

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Please get a grip, Mrs. Jackson. We'd love to have your son on this team next year. We'd also love to have Big Marcus on the team. But they are choosing to not play for this team right now.

You brought up only your son in the "loyalty" discussion. If you can't handle the truth, perhaps you should refrain from visiting sites that paint your son in a not so pretty light.

Goodnight Mrs. Jackson. :bolt:

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    nobody hates mcneil or jackson.

3+ million is alot of money. IF they can't play a season for that they are nuts or way mislead by their unsrupulous agents.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200

Yep, this is pretty much it. NO one knows what the new cba will look like. These players holding out are only hurting themselves. Its really looking like there might be a strike/lockout. So that will be two years of no pay for all tendered players that didn't sign.

I blame the agents. The players are being way mislead here.:yes:

25. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Who are their agents?

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    [​IMG]

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Courtesy of Shamrock at .com:

Marcus McNeil : Alvin Keels

Vincent Jackson : Neil Schwartz

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Way to throw Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Malcolm Floyd, and others under the bus, dude. :no:

29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    fixed

• Like Like x 1
  30. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    :icon_rofl: